WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Machka - do you have a website where I can print the calendars that you post? I cannot read them on my phone.

Rita - hubby and I both enjoyed your alien.

Michele - I was taught through work that shields are not as effective as masks. Droplets can fall down from the shield and isn’t captured like it is in a mask. I would assume though that in a grocery store setting it would suffice, in healthcare it wouldn’t. They have to use a mask.

Katla - I hope you find a way to get the CBD to your dog. Enjoy your blueberries!

Ginny - I had the test two weeks ago, a bit uncomfortable but not too bad.
    It must be hard remembering the last days with your husband. I still wish I didn’t have the memories I have of my Dad in his last few days maybe some point I’ll forget.

I am struggling trying to stay motivated at work. My boss and I are not seeing eye to eye and I don’t know what to do. I have tried talking to her but don’t feel I got very far. I can’t afford to just quit and there are not many jobs around right now so I just have to suck it up and deal. It has affected my sleep this week which has made it even worse.

Hubby got a call today from the doctor, his blood test results are in and they are putting him on meds for diabetes. He has the trifecta, blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes. He had done well before Covid hit and lost some weight. We have both had setbacks since this happened. One reason to start was I was trying to avoid shopping so wasn’t buy as many fresh foods. I need to get better again.

Tracey in Edmonton

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Cheri: I’d like to know more about Project Linus. I like to knit. How did you get started?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Machka - do you have a website where I can print the calendars that you post? I cannot read them on my phone.

Tracey in Edmonton

Action for Happiness ... under the Calendars link at the top. :) That page has a number of interesting things.

https://www.actionforhappiness.org/

https://www.actionforhappiness.org/calendars

Machka in Oz

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Wowie, Cheri! Seeing all the afghans together like that is impressive! I love that you do this.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Tracey in Edmonton

Action for Happiness ... under the Calendars link at the top. :) That page has a number of interesting things.

https://www.actionforhappiness.org/

https://www.actionforhappiness.org/calendars

Machka in Oz

Thank you!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Machka - Congratulations!!!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Dflk – red okra isn’t as “liquidy” as the green. I don’t know how to describe it. Not as gummy, you know, the stuff inside the okra

Went to another Food Lion this morning to see if they had the ice cream Steve likes, but they don’t. Got another brand, but it was lactose free and no one will eat it. I’ll see if I can find someone who will eat it.

Cheri
    – are those blankets all c2c?

Off to bed.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    Been busy working on numerous afghans for Project Linus. We haven't met in quite awhile due to COVID situation. These are ready to be donated to a local adoption agency.

p0zhgywnrhc6.jpg

Did a 4 mile Leslie Sansone Walk at Home video on YouTube TV today. Just love her workouts.

Had a virtual book club this evening. We read and discussed People of the Book by Gerldinr Brooks. We are reading Daring Greatly by Brene Brown for August.

Best to all!

Cheri
    College Station TX

they are AMAZING!!!! So pretty. I have a few blankets my grandma and aunt and friend made- so special
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Cheri
    – are those blankets all c2c?

Michele NC

Yes they are all C2C crocheted. Love how easy that stitch works up!

Cheri
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Wowie, Cheri! Seeing all the afghans together like that is impressive! I love that you do this.

Thanks! It's my therapy!

Cheri
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BB&B including mat!, rotisseried chicken, called PC guy, picked up tire, BiMart, Grocery Outlet
    Bonus: dropped off laptop he’ll cleanse and research adding mic, ready in a few days. Jiggle jogged while watching dog training dvd.
    Get to do: Shadow to vet, invest 28 mins Master Bath, carry over cleaning mins: 30 Bedrooms, 20 mins Office, 10 Living Rm; make coleslaw; water garden; line dance class; practice new dances (Evergreen, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right; next week final? Follow up call for Joe’s Dr. appointment, transplant bean, make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments.
    Jumpback July
    7: Shift mood by doing something you really enjoy: That was line dancing tonight, also crate games with Shadow and platform bed games with Tumble. Machka ((hugs)) you sound (understandably) exhausted. ((hugs)) and congrats on 2 courses completed, 1 to go!

pip AAAAHHHHH! :)
    Ginny[/b] ((hugs))
    Cheri love the afghans!
    Welcome @asilverlininggirl Melanie, @capegurl and @sofbalgirl!

Just skimmin’ as too pooped to write much. Maybe tomorrow will tell you the uh-oh lick granuloma news and the click treat crate games fun story.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: better than June.
    daily: steps>5491=5494 so far vits=7 log=7 CI<CO=7 CI<250<CO=6 Tumble & Shadow 5=9 mfp=4 clean 10 mins=4 outside=5 up hill=5
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=3 rx=1 dance=2
    mnthly: board mtg= grant=1 20for20=
    bonus: AF=4.75 play= sew=
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Cheri - What a great project to be involved in. Beautiful!

Pip Hope the inspection goes well. It's always bit nerve-wracking. :o

Machka - Many CONGRATULATIONS! :drinker:

Ginny - Big hugs. <3 Last week , when I was low, I managed to offload on a couple of good friends. It helped so much. Do you have a 'listening ear'? <3

Lots of love to all and welcome to the new people. :)

Heather UK xxxxxxxx in the rain. :s
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    DH just returned from weekly shop. Might venture into town later on bus. Bit nervous at the prospect as haven’t been since lockdown
    Had hair done yesterday felt a bit strange but feel so much better now. Next appointment in 2 weeks as he is booked up. DH also had his curly locks chopped the long hair was making him look so much older, he is 79 though LOL

Welcome newbies

Stay safe
    Kate UK ❤️