B)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💜💙😃💛💚
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Didnt get dressed and didnt go out today.. just a down day.. tomorrow will be better..
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Katla - I live in an area with a home for disabled adults and from a power point of view it is great… before that home was converted we would have outages every few months of 6+- hours; now the outages are infrequent and often short. Although PG&E (our electric and natural gas company) does announced power shut downs to protect us from fire caused by wires arcing in wind, and because they are announced they can last as long as the company wants…. Quite annoying. And because they are announced all the “protected or first back” areas are no longer considered a priority

This is coming up to be a hot week here, high 90’s to low 100 – I’ll garden early, hide mid-day and garden in my own yard in the evening.

Allie – hope you are feeling full of energy tomorrow.

Kim from N. California
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Katla - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Katla – wonder why Arrow’s owner asked you to stop bringing alfalfa pellets. Does she feel that he’s getting overweight? Congrats on cantering. I know how great it felt when I cantered. Honestly, I was so afraid of a horse that when I first rode a horse as an adult, even tho the horse’s leg was bandaged so he couldn’t go fast at all, the instructor still had to remind me to breathe!

Going to sleep with Shadow tonight.

Michele in NC
  • chrtlade
    chrtlade Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off MFP for years but have never joined a group. I go by chrtlade on here but am Ruth from Utah, age 71. That's seem so old when I write it down but I don't feel that old, most of the time. Am a retired elementary teacher. Last September I started to lose weight and have lost 25 pounds so far. Ten more pounds to go. One thing I really miss are the group exercise programs at our senior center. So I need to motivate myself to do more exercising by myself. Like so many others, I don't care for this "new normal" but have adjusted. chrtlade-Ruth in UT
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    chrtlade wrote: »
    I have been on and off MFP for years but have never joined a group. I go by chrtlade on here but am Ruth from Utah, age 71. That's seem so old when I write it down but I don't feel that old, most of the time. Am a retired elementary teacher. Last September I started to lose weight and have lost 25 pounds so far. Ten more pounds to go. One thing I really miss are the group exercise programs at our senior center. So I need to motivate myself to do more exercising by myself. Like so many others, I don't care for this "new normal" but have adjusted. chrtlade-Ruth in UT

Welcome Ruth- Great job on the weight loss- I have lost the same amount(this time) and have 10-15 to loose too.
    I have only been on here a few weeks- very welcoming bunch of ladies
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    Katla - Yay you! That is such a wonderful feeling.

Pip - Glad you got the house sold. Enjoy Fresno. Does Kirby have family near there too?

Matchka - Hope things are going well. Sending healing angels.

Doing well here. I am trying to help a couple of other choir members get involved in the virtual choir. Should be fun.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Oooh Machka ! Rough ride! <3 At least it's behind you now. Now you can rest up and get better. CONGRATULATIONS!

Katla - That is a wonderful achievement! Breaking through our fears is so good. My mother never let me roller skate because she feared I would fall over and bash my head. ;) I don't think I'm going to learn now, but it is a regret.

I'm going to go for my run after breakfast today. I don't like doing it that way round as it messes with my day, but I can't fit everything in if I don't do it that way today. We have masses of things coming from Amazon, so someone has to stay in and I need bread and milk. Running doesn't quite burn enough calories, but I will do some more on the machines after lunch. I still haven't been able to shift any weight despite my massive calorie burn every day. Answer? Eat less. >:) That option is not appealing. I am still a bit less than I started lockdown, but not by much now.

Love to all from sunny Hove, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Cleaning: 12 DR, 2 GBt, 15 Kitchen/Laundry, 15 LR, 2 Mbt, Gold Beach, Freddie’s,
    Bonus: pooches to power pole, combed Tumble’s leg.
    Get to do: call pc guy re mic, Invest 10 mins cleaning Mbt, carryover 30 Bdrms, 20 mins Office); call Dr. Patel re: followup appt date/time; call USB re: paper loan statements; BB&B; practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); next week final? Follow up call for Joe’s Dr. appointment, transplant bean, make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments.
    Jumpback July
    12 when things go wrong: have compassion for yourself: That’s what I’ve needed for the past 10 or so days, during which it felt like everything I touched turned to fresh fertilizer. Flat tire, spilled wine into laptop, bumping the oven knob then turning it the wrong way, losing temper with Joe, forgot to type hymns, cursing the wind, envying my dance buddies the results of their hard work and lifestyle choices. Basta. Fresh start today to the week and rest of my days, including eliminating carry over cleanings for any room I touch today.

SuziQ Your heartwarming big surprise story was just the uplift I needed. Thanks!
    Welome @lilySovaje, @chrtlade Ruth from UT!
    Barbie it would be hard for me to swap my Pyrex for plastic.
    Margaret Papa and Mama took me to St. Louis every other summer to visit relatives. No a/c, just fan in the kitchen window, front and back doors open and lots of Budweiser. One night it was so hot I took my pillow into the bathtub to sleep on the cool procelailn. Heat+humidity=:astonished: Boise got up to 111 a couple of times during our 20 years there, but with a relative humidity less than 15% it was nowhere near as miserable as St. Louis at 98F and 98%.
    Michele Shadow is adept at eating despite the cone of shame. She centers it around her food dish and voila the kibble disappears. The comfy cone is softer, more pliable for easier resting/sleeping. Neither collapses. Hope it gets here soon!
    Tracey :love: ‘ichealea and her brother.
    Katla Bravissima!!!
    Machka glad to hear from you, sorry for the very difficult post op time. How is DH handling your need to rest to recover?

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: better than June.
    daily: steps>5491=6581 vits=12 log=12 CI<CO=11 CI<250<CO=10 Tumble & Shadow 5=13 mfp=12 clean 10 mins=8 outside=13 up hill=11
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=5 rx=2 dance=3
    mnthly: board mtg= grant=2 20for20=
    bonus: AF=.675 play= sew=
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Sharon - I really feel for your friend. What a nightmare. :sad: Sending hugs. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Sara628588
    Sara628588 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to go for a hearing check up today to be fitted with hearing aids.......... couldnt make myself go. What a numpte. The thought of spending money I cant afford to get things I'm sad to need just didnt seem to be my day. Trying not to comfort eat to assuage my guilt........

And a happy hello to everyone other than that :)
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Machka - glad you're through and home, and thank you for letting us know.

@Sara628588 - sounds very near depression, are you okay?

Heather - looks like a lovely morning.

Welcome @lilySovaje, @chrtlade Ruth from Utah.

Tracey - the grands look like such fun!

Barbara - I'm sorry it was a rough week last week... hope this week is much, much better. Envy is only bad when you allow it to make you feel inadequate or that things are unfair. Both envy and regret have always seemed the most useless emotions to me. You don't have to give them headspace.

Katla - Well done on riding Arrow at a canter!

Allie - hope today's a better day and tomorrow better still.

And a Levi sighting to brighten my day. :)

15o8akked85y.jpg

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Katla - Yay you! That is such a wonderful feeling.

Pip - Glad you got the house sold. Enjoy Fresno. Does Kirby have family near there too?

Matchka - Hope things are going well. Sending healing angels.

Doing well here. I am trying to help a couple of other choir members get involved in the virtual choir. Should be fun.

Everyone take care Sue in WA

no, he's from Indiana