Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    7zfui6gbb7pm.jpg
    1g6znyohyaio.jpg

To all you crafty people. I have a little sewing machine purchased only to do very simple tasks, such as sewing a hem. However, on the bottom side, it loops the thread MANY times. Any ideas what it’s doing or how to make it stop and work properly? The front side (that I can see when I’m sewing) looks fine. The underside is this bunched up mess. I just want to hem my very lightweight curtain panels. Do I just need to get a real sewing machine or take it somewhere? I rarely sew anything, so hate to spend the money for a solid machine.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

Tina in CA

Tina- try rethreading the whole thing(top thread and bobbin/bottom thread)- if that doesn't fix it, try changing the tension a little bit.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Evelyn and Debbie - Thanks for the advice on the sewing machine. I will see if I can figure out how to change the tension. The physical manual has disappeared and the one I found online is not clearly scanned and is hard to read. I'll dig around a bit. Much appreciated.

Tina in CA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Evie: Thanks for your good wishes. I’ve been trying to get past this fear for many years & I have finally made it! :bigsmile: I have to admit that my knees are griping today. The ride was worth it.

SuziQ: I am so sorry about your light fixture. Does your building have an electrician or someone that they recommend? :huh:

Tina in CA: Good luck with your sewing. :smiley:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Did a body pump workout from my tablet. Something a bit different from the body pump DVD’s that I have. The plan for tomorrow is to do Cathe Friedrich’s Afterburn DVD

Ruth UT – welcome

M – thanks for the update. You’ve certainly had a time of it!

Exercised, then stopped at WalMart since I needed more Ground Clear and this is the only WalMart that carries it. Then went to Office Depot to get bubble mailers.

Have to go to the dentist tomorrow. I have my routine cleaning then they’re going to take the impression and do whatever else they need to do for my bridge (the one that broke early on in this pandemic and I told them just to jury rig it and I’d get it later. I honestly thought they took the impression etc. then and was just going to put it in tomorrow. Evidently not, but I’ve lived this long I can live a few more weeks.

Skennelly – had you had those Oreos, chocolate bars and ice cream, you probably would have wanted to go to sleep anyway. Good for you just skipping that part and going right to sleep

Can I just squeeze Levi?

SuziQ – you are a real good friend to have your friend over

Supposed to go to the library. For some reason, I can’t seem to get Overdrive and Hoopla to play on my phone, only my tablet. That should be a pretty quick fix.

I was on a spinach/feta kick, now off it. My newest kick is meringues

Well, the pool got up to 90. Like I said, it’s getting where it’s no longer refreshing. But it sure beats sitting in the sun. Plus, I get some exercise.

Karen VA – at least the squirrels have good taste and pick out nice rocks….lol

Sharon – what a stroke of good luck!

Tina – that has happened to me. And, yes, it’s the tension

Went to the library and found out that there’s a Brevard county in NC! I have a library card from Brevard county in FL. Who knew.

Mahjongg tonight or else I would go in the pool.

Michele NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🙋
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    1nb5ajy38p7o.png

ilu9tmbdf50r.png

9a8uwl87wh7y.png

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Kim – I’m so sorry to hear this. Yes, that is one of the worst parts of this whole pandemic thing

Mahjongg tonight. Had a fairly decent night

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

Bike ride home 2 dome- 12.28min, 128mhr, 12.4amph, 2.58mi= 75c
    Apple Watch- 76c
    Bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 15.08min, 14.3amph, 152mhr, 3.60mi= 160c
    apple watch - 158c
    bike ride wrk 2 sumn sta- 2.47min, 10.8amph, 126mhr, .5mi= 26c
    Apple Watch- 24c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.34min, 8.8amph, 149mhr, 2.56mi= 172c
    apple watch- 141c

total cal 433
  • Sara628588
    Sara628588 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »

I am 58 years old, profoundly hearing impaired (only 4% of hearing remains) and I completely understand your feelings regarding hearing aides. I waited until last year to try hearing aides, but took them out a the beginning of the pandemic as none of the adjustments we had made were doing much good. In fact, I was getting significant headaches. I need to restart the process again and I'm dragging my feet. In my case, hearing aides are only a precursor to a cochlear implant ... which I am also dragging my feet on. And yet, I so desperately want to be able to hear. Silly, to avoid something that might help with that.

Beth near Buffalo

Its crazy isnt it the things we do! I was the same when I has to start wearing glasses, bought them then never wore them. How we take these for granted at times! I cant be without my glasses now. Lets hope that both you and I get the determination to get what we need to make things better :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,743 Member
    Options
    Machka - there sure are smells that need the volume turned down. It’s great you can smell though.

Rebecca - so sweet! I thought of you today when I heard on the radio that tomorrow (Tuesday) is national nude day.
    My local radio station is having people call/text in if they have ever been caught in the nude.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,743 Member
    Options
    Beth - I’ve noticed our residents that need to see our lips are really suffering. We can’t take the mask off to assist at all.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Kim: I am so sorry for your high school friend’s loss. I wonder why she was unable to see her mom during her illness. Were they trying to protect your friend from getting the disease? I agree that family members should be able to “suit up” to prevent getting the disease and still stand by with their loved one if the danger is not too high. I don’t know whether that is actually possible. I wonder whether linked TV’s could provide a connection. I can’t imagine abandoning my husband or another family member. It would be heart breaking. :cry:

Sara628588 & Beth: DH has some hearing loss but not at a scary level so far. His dad had hearing problems for many years. DH has tried hearing aides in the past but stopped using them. He seems to be doing okay for now without them, although he talks about getting new ones. I hope you two will both find a satisfactory balance. DH, too. :heart:

Machka: So happy that you’re posting again! It sounds like you’re rediscovering smells and scents that have been missing for a while. I hope you continue to enjoy them. :star;

Rebecca: The photos of your baby granddaughter and her daddy are priceless. :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon