WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ Glad to hear that Johnny is OK. My DH pees sitting down.
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    SuziQ Your hairstyle is my favorite all-time style. I have so much natural wave, curl, and kink, that to achieve it requires blow-drying and patience.

Heather Hopefully your guy won't need a second fall to learn that standing is not cool. An injury from such obstinance doesn't earn men the medal of valor. They may get a medal but it will be to hold their fused disc in place.

Well, another scorcher here today (102 they say) so out for my walk after 3rd load of laundry finishes. Slept in till 2:45 this morning trying to get back to my 3 AM ritual. As a child on a ranch, I always got up at 5 AM to get chores done and ready for school. In the summertime, it was the same to get work done early before the high elevation sun got brutal for field or cattle work. I like to spend the hot hours at the pond or the river wearing a bikini.

The 3 AM ritual started after I finished Broadcast Engineering school and worked at radio and TV stations for a couple of years before technology changed to automated and only one higher paid degreed licensed engineer was needed. I was getting up at 5 AM during those days and working a split shift to put the station on the air in the AM at 6 and see it shut down and do maintenance and repairs after 8 PM. I took long naps in those days.

I started the 3 AM ritual that has been my style for 45 years when I got into construction. Start time was usually 4 AM during spring, summer, and fall. Sometimes 8 hours shifts 5 days a week other jobs 10 hours 4 days a week. I had a few jobs that a normal day was 10 hours and as much as 15 and for 6 days a week. Big dollars in overtime that came in handy. Anyway, on a morning I sleep in till 3:30 I panic and feel rushed. My workout is the first thing and starts with patio Tai Chai in warm weather.

Dryer buzzer just went off, so time for me to cut the boring gab and get the last load folded and then out to walk.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did a body pump uTube video. The plan for tomorrow is to do part of the Dressed Up Drills DVD I like that this DVD has so many options

Kim – I’d feel very uncomfortable hearing that I have a “use by” date.

Pip
    – I am so so sorry. I know how hard this is.

After exercise stopped at Dollar General to get some things. Then got dinner ready to microwave. I was going to go to a friend’s house to drop off some empty containers and then the Salvation Army, but for some reason I am so so tired that I think I’ll just go in the pool and do that another day.

Barbie
    – I’m like you, I like things in their place. And if we don’t use it, get rid of it. Now Vince is the direct opposite. You should see his workbench! I keep saying “why don’t we organize the pool shed”. He didn’t realize last year that we had another broom for the pool because the broom was hidden behind stuff.

Heather
    – how very scary for you! Even tho you are used to your hubby fainting, it’s still scary when it happens. It's good that he’s at the hosp. Update : So glad he’s OK

M
    – it sure looks like that splint went up to your brain!

Off to the pool!

Michele NC
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    [

Michele NC
    who wishes she knew of a drink that smelled super super sweet

Try mango nectar or perhaps a nice sour beer. I find little flies in my beer all the time. It's annoying.

Tina in CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I have had my splints removed! I can breathe!

Splints are not small things, and the left one in particular, was putting unnecessary pressure on parts of the interior of my nose, causing quite a bit of pain. Such a relief to have them out.

M in Oz

Great news- I know you have been counting the hours til you had them out. Now to continue to heal.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Housework

Laundry - my husband and I each do our own, and since my husband has been home and not working, he has also done towels and sheets most of the time.

Kitchen - my husband does most of it now that he's not working. A dishwasher is a must for us ... just makes things easier. He makes dinner. We'll each make our own of whatever else we eat. I will cook occasionally - slow cooker meals. I'll bake once in a while because I enjoy it, but not too often because I enjoy it too much. And I'll wipe surfaces periodically.

What else is there?

One or the other of us will run the vacuum around the place now and then. Often I'll do half and he'll do the other half.
    He'll scrub the toilet.
    I usually do the sink area and mirror just as part of getting ready in the morning.
    One or the other of us will spray the shower and wipe it down now and then.
    He takes the rubbish out.

It doesn't seem like a big deal. Much of it is just part of daily life.

Machka in Oz

Here, I do all of the cooking and 90% of the dishes. I am lucky if I can get husband to even rinse his dishes before putting them in the sink. I used to have a note on the curtain- started out "Rinse your dish please", that didn't help, then it was "Rinse your damn dish"- that didn't work until a friend of his came over- he took it down quickly but did rinse for a while- now the note is "You don't rinse, I don't wash"- I don't think he has even noticed it or the fact that I will wash the rest of the dishes but not the ones he doesn't rinse- he will just fill them with water later on.
    Garbage- I take out the kitchen trash- neither he nor son seems to notice that it is full. Husband does take out the trash from the wastebaskets and most of the time from the one with the cat litter.
    We both clean the litter boxes- he a little more than me but with 7 cats using them, they are cleaned multiple times a day
    Laundry- I wash all of it and if he helps fold will only fold his clothes
    Vacuuming- he does-he is obsessed with it- has at least six of them and will use them multiple times every day.
    Yard work we share- for him it is a chore but for me is my hobby- I love working out there. He used to complain about how much the water bill was and blamed it on my garden- told him I don't spend money on anything else, not like he does on all kinds of hobby stuff, so don't even bring it up.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    He's HOME! :D
    Of course he didn't think to ring or text me, he just turned up at the door in a taxi. ;)
    Anyway, he's all good, nothing wrong. :/ Had heart, blood tests etc.
    Just a painful neck, but he's still on painkillers the hospital gave him.
    They will write to the doc to see about his prostate. Having to push to pee can make the syncope effect stronger.
    He's having a cup of tea and toast with blackcurrant jam. :D Cancelled his walking trip with his friend tomorrow. Don't think driving is easy with a bad neck.
    Phew!
    I just think he is very relieved. So am I.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Thanks for the update- I am sure you are happy to have him home- Hope they can figure out what causes this- sooooo scary
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    SuziQ Your hairstyle is my favorite all-time style. I have so much natural wave, curl, and kink, that to achieve it requires blow-drying and patience.

Heather Hopefully your guy won't need a second fall to learn that standing is not cool. An injury from such obstinance doesn't earn men the medal of valor. They may get a medal but it will be to hold their fused disc in place.

Well, another scorcher here today (102 they say) so out for my walk after 3rd load of laundry finishes. Slept in till 2:45 this morning trying to get back to my 3 AM ritual. As a child on a ranch, I always got up at 5 AM to get chores done and ready for school. In the summertime, it was the same to get work done early before the high elevation sun got brutal for field or cattle work. I like to spend the hot hours at the pond or the river wearing a bikini.

The 3 AM ritual started after I finished Broadcast Engineering school and worked at radio and TV stations for a couple of years before technology changed to automated and only one higher paid degreed licensed engineer was needed. I was getting up at 5 AM during those days and working a split shift to put the station on the air in the AM at 6 and see it shut down and do maintenance and repairs after 8 PM. I took long naps in those days.

I started the 3 AM ritual that has been my style for 45 years when I got into construction. Start time was usually 4 AM during spring, summer, and fall. Sometimes 8 hours shifts 5 days a week other jobs 10 hours 4 days a week. I had a few jobs that a normal day was 10 hours and as much as 15 and for 6 days a week. Big dollars in overtime that came in handy. Anyway, on a morning I sleep in till 3:30 I panic and feel rushed. My workout is the first thing and starts with patio Tai Chai in warm weather.

Dryer buzzer just went off, so time for me to cut the boring gab and get the last load folded and then out to walk.

Getting up that early, what time do you go to bed?
    The earliest I ever got up on a regular basis was 5 and that didn't last very long.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip: Are you choosing gray, black or blue for your new hair color. Photo wanted. I think you’ll look great with any of the choices. I hope you have some fun. :star:

Michele: I’m happy to hear your masks are a good fit. WTG!!! I doubt many of us likes wearing masks, but they keep us and our family & friends safer. :star:

Rebecca: My long-time friend & her son decided to go camping when things began to look dangerous in PDX. They are enjoying their camping adventure. I am thrilled to know they are safe. :star:

Heather: DH & I plan to be cremated and have our ashes scattered on the Oregon coast where we were married. I want to take ashes of pets with us. I hope we’re eventually able to get this done and look forward to years of good health & happiness before it comes to pass. :heart:.

Barbie: I also prefer light hearted movies. We get more than enough real loss and pain in life. Happy endings are uplifting & I like them best. :smiley:

Pip: You did the right things for your pets. :heart:

I had a lovely riding lesson on Arrow and I’m happy with my day. I am ready to get some rest.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Oh camping sounds great about now! I am glad your friend and son are enjoying themselves. When we Renaissance camped, ( historical re-enactments), we had two huge handmade canvas bell shaped wedge pavilion tents. The inner pole was a long wooden plank that fit together. The tent pegs that went around were forged in a fire metal ones. It had ropes that held the tent flaps and Sun shade in the front. The canvas swelled in rain, and tightened in the sun, so the ropes were constantly being adjysted. The pavilion tents survived typhoons in Japan, and scorching heat of a dessert high country. We had cast iron cookware and all the boys learned to play on them with wooden spoons. We had a wooden keg, paraffin lined, for our water, as most of the chosen SCA sites had no water in site. They would bring in "honey pots" though, so all my son's learned to hold their breath while peeing in purple water. I had all my "garb" (historical clothing) in my grandma's hope chest that was cedar lined. The boys had wooden boxes with their clothes, and they served as writing surfaces, play area, or seats. Lord Lee Sharpeyes (husband's SCA registered name) had a huge trunk for his clothes. I was Lady Rebekah of Hillsview (also registered name). It was a time that we enjoyed immensely, and appreciate all the memories we made. It was a lot of work living like a 16th century family for a weekend or weeks, and we came home completely filthy, but grateful.
    We did eat fairly well out camping like that too. Lots of meat, breads, cheeses, apples and granola bars! Lol!
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Healing thoughts to all! Heather so scary, glad he's home!
    Mschka, glad your splints are out!
    💖Rebecca
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Yvonne ... you said "My diet has been a train wreck lately too. I'm tired of working and worrying about finances and being stuck in the house, and I'm lonely and kind of cranky lately. I think we just have to give ourselves permission to start moving again with baby steps." I absolutely agree!

Beth near Buffalo

We are out and about too much for my taste. I would like to stay home a bit more, but since we are "allowed" out, we go out. I don't think I would be too upset with another couple of weeks of shelter in place. What I liked about that is that I didn't need to make decisions. No "do I feel like going out today?" questions. Or where we go. Decision breaks are nice.

I think shelter in place is coming to a city near me very soon. In the meantime, I'm planning a road trip for just the two of us.

Heather - I'm with you on the funeral. I told the mister to just toss my ashes in our canyon and drink a good sour beer in my honor. No fuss, no wake, no dinner. We're all alone out here anyway.

Tina
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Ahhh a nap always makes ya feel better...fed Homer,now that his teeth are better he is making up for lost time..he ate lunch and bith of the boys relaxing
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    I have had my splints removed! I can breathe!

Splints are not small things, and the left one in particular, was putting unnecessary pressure on parts of the interior of my nose, causing quite a bit of pain. Such a relief to have them out.

M in Oz

Congrats! Must be a lot of relief in many ways!

Tina
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Pg. 58

I never was a clean freak. I do what’s necessary but dislike doing it. Mostly because my DH loves clutter and mess. Can’t touch his messes (piles of stuff) so have to work around it. Discouraging so hate cleaning.

RvRita

Exactly my situation. I hate clutter, but I can't help what he does.

Tina
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    DH is trying to unload the dishwasher and do the washing up with his painful neck. He has managed it. He is very stubborn. It must hurt because he is taking Paracetamol. He rarely takes any kind of pill.
    I am still meeting my friend for lunch tomorrow. I bought him some soft wholemeal rolls, so he can make his own easily. It will have to be a light dinner after my enormous pizza lunch! :o Fish, I am thinking.

We were so preoccupied with DH that we completely forgot about the painter coming to give an estimate for the living room. I looked blankly at him on the doorstep. ;) He is busy until October, but that's ok. We've got to get the floors sanded first. Strangely he is a good friend and recommendation of the guy we originally wanted, who has ill health issues, and he could be his twin brother! Both obsessed with cricket, so get on very well with DH. Same way of talking. My son has used both the guys. He is reckoning on a 5-6 day job. Unfortunately we have glass doors with 15 panels in each!

Machka - so happy for you to have got those horrible things out. :o:#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx