WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    katla - in the san francisco bay area (the place I know for sure) only patients, and hospital staff are allowed in the hospital NO exceptions for any reason. Birthing centers not attached to the hospital are allowing spouses but they have to stay the entire time the woman giving birth is in, NO in and out privileges.

Kim
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    katla - in the san francisco bay area (the place I know for sure) only patients, and hospital staff are allowed in the hospital NO exceptions for any reason. Birthing centers not attached to the hospital are allowing spouses but they have to stay the entire time the woman giving birth is in, NO in and out privileges.

Kim

Yes. It was like that here too in all medical facilities until June 26. Just the patient and hospital staff. No one extra unless the extra person is registered as a carer (which I am for my husband so I was able to wait with him before his hernia surgery on June 25).

Now we can have 2 visitors or people with us and we have to designate which 2 ahead of time.

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka, I’m happy you’re done with your surgery. I hope you’ll recover quickly and get the chance to have a bit of fun.😎
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Well have been going back and forth with Tom since i have been awake.Homer isnt doing well at all...dont know ..will bring him over here for the day and keep him with me
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    its getting closer
  • Sara628588
    Sara628588 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Sara ... I only read lips, so the masks have been my undoing. I downloaded an app called “MyEar.” It uses voice recognition to transcribe others speaking. It’s not perfect but has been helpful. I’ve also been able to use it up next to the computer for zoom calls and live feed video. It’s for iPhone only though.

The App sounds like a really good idea. I didnt realise how much I relied on seeing peoples mouths until I could no longer see them!
    Beth - I’ve noticed our residents that need to see our lips are really suffering. We can’t take the mask off to assist at all.

We have an issue with this at work - I work in mental health and support people who are in crisis, and its very hard to come over as supportive with empathy when they cant see your face! We are now approved to have clear face shields instead.

[quote=

Sara628588 & Beth: DH has some hearing loss but not at a scary level so far. His dad had hearing problems for many years. DH has tried hearing aides in the past but stopped using them. He seems to be doing okay for now without them, although he talks about getting new ones. I hope you two will both find a satisfactory balance. DH, too. :heart:

[/quote]

Thank you for that. I am also put off by so many people saying how difficult it was to 'get on' with hearing aids..... :( My dad has had a right muddle with his
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Did Cathe Friedrich’s Afterburn DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Cathe Friedrich’s You Can Do Anything for a Minute DVD

Rebecca
    – I haven’t seen PJ either since he was 4 months old. At least you get pictures. But I love seeing how Athenia is growing and figure PJ is probably doing the same things. So adorable

When Vince had to go to the hospital recently, (this was at the start of the pandemic) I said to the EMS “I’ll go with him”. They had to remind me that I couldn’t! Oh, that’s right. That was so hard for me, to just sit at home and not know what was going on. For a while no one extra was allowed in the hospital. Now each patient can have one visitor

M – congrats of being able to smell again! And that weight loss!

Barbara
    – the one thing I’ve found about the meringues is that when you’re whipping the egg whites, your bowl needs to be absolutely clean. No hint at all of any type of grease, even if you can’t see it. What I do is put my bowl in the dishwasher first. I have heard that your dish (the one you whip the egg whites in) should be cold, but I’ve never tried that. Also, I found that when baking the meringues, use parchment paper. I tried using my silicon mats, but some of them stuck to the mat. Not a big deal, really, the mats aren’t hard at all to clean. Maybe I’ll try using them again.

About hearing: with my diminished hearing in the one ear, I do find that it is hard to hear someone if there is background noise. Like a radio playing. I doubt there’s anything that can help that.

Michele NC
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    :p
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbara I don't care for practical jokes that are disguised hostility and at someone's expense. I suspect that is what you are talking about.

Karen in Virginia