WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

It has been almost overwhelming at times ... like the grass one. After enjoying the smell for a few moments I did wonder how you turn the volume down when you need a break.

Machka in Oz

I have a very sensitive sense of smell, even with all my allergy/congestion issues. Perfume-y things are the worst for me. I can smell even the slightest scents of those. The one positive about wearing a mask in public is that if it's really smelly, just put on that mask and no one thinks anything of it. :wink:

Enjoy the smells.

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments on my sewing machine. I changed the tension around and it's much better, but I think the curtain hemming is just too much for that little thing to handle. I ended up hand stitching the hem every few inches or so. It's not perfect, but it looks a lot better than the fraying unhemmed things they have been for 10 years. Yes, I've avoided it for 10 years. I really don't like to sew.

Still smells of burning plastic outside. Will hide away inside again today. Maybe I'll get the other 4 panels hemmed. :smiley:

Tina in really stinky CA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Machka - there sure are smells that need the volume turned down. It’s great you can smell though.

Rebecca - so sweet! I thought of you today when I heard on the radio that tomorrow (Tuesday) is national nude day.
    My local radio station is having people call/text in if they have ever been caught in the nude.

Tracey in Edmonton

Nude Day is funny! Only because DH and I were being silly this past weekend and decided to go skinny dipping since no one is here and it’s been so hot. Got halfway to water then bam 💥 lightning storm! Killed that idea! So told him because is today is nude day we will have to try again today!

RvRita
  • sarahkatzenelson452
    sarahkatzenelson452 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pics of the strange toad! Very interesting.
    Medication costs are a real frustration.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sarah,
    I’m sorry your son has been hurt. Whiplash injuries can be dangerous. I hope your son gets the medical help he needs and recovers well & soon. <3
  • sarahkatzenelson452
    sarahkatzenelson452 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Whiplash actally takes a long time. Even when young and healthy life is uncertain.
  • Katla49
    Options
    Flea: I didn’t know that Grant Imahara had passed away. I enjoyed the MythBuster shows, his ingenuity and positive attitude. I am saddened by his loss. :broken_heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Options
    Heather,
    Is satellite TV available in your area? We have had great service. It comes with a monthly fee for the equipment. We have rarely had any interruptions of service. If power is out, TV is also out.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Katla - Our TV is free from our aerial. We only pay a yearly license fee. I'm too mean to pay a monthly fee. :* We don't have any subscriber packages. I have a recorder for the things that we don't want to miss. I'm always amazed at how much you pay for TV in the US. Ours is nearly free. Unless the aerial is down. :# Some people have cable, but we don't want it. I'm not supporting the horrible man who used to own it. We don't use any entrepreneur services. Just pay the BBC license fee once a year.
    The aerial man did not come. Grrrr.
    The sanding man did come and was a charming young man. Same name as my son. He is going to send us an estimate. We may get the dining area done at the same time.
    Now trying to get an estimate for the painting of the living room. Got to decide on colours and whether to paint the original doors and fireplace. Help! I can't make decisions. Still haven't talked about how to divide the paying for it. :sad:
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • Katla49
    Options
    Heather, Most TV programs in our area originate in Portland. The distance is about 24 miles with significant hills between here and there. Regular antannae do not get very good signal. Many subscribe to cable or satellite tv.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Phew! Turns out it was a Freeview problem with people taking to social media and the local paper to complain. Mainly affecting Brighton but also East Sussex. It is back on now. I wonder what the problem was, but it certainly caused an uproar!!!! Glad it wasn't us. It's back on now. Love my telly!!!!! Xxx

Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    Yes my Athena is such a cutie, I so wished we lived closer. When we get done living here, I wouldn't mind sharing a rental home with middle son, being able to watch Athena, or be the one's to pick her up after school etc. My mother inlaw lives in the downstairs of a huge home her granddaughter's. There is a small kitchen down there, just right for her. The granddaughter and husband has dogs, cats, and so there is a gate that blocks them from going downstairs. That would work for us! I would love for them to have a home! Something nice to ponder right now though.💖

Today I bought some sweet mochi cakes. They have a sweet rice paste outside with powdered sugar. The inside is a bean paste with fruit flavor. Yum!
    💖Rebecca
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ I think we have all loved watching Athena grow from a baby to a walking toddler. Thank you so much for sharing her life with us.

Carol in GA