WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, Michele, Katla, KJ and all those others missing their grandchildren. I soooooo hope you get to see them soon. My heart aches for mine and they are 30 mins walk away. They might as well be 300 miles!
    We are scheduled to see them on Thursday after school at a social distance outside. Longing to touch them. But can't. :'(

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Well tummy still a bit rocky,Tom picked up Homie and is bringing him to the vet for fluids and pain meds.think i will be dropping him off tomorrow to have a looksee at his mouth...poor baby...watching Faith next couple days and Tal on friday..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    You made an excellent decision when you decided to move to Brighton&Hove. You’re in contact with your grandchildren and enjoy your community. 😘🌹😘🌹
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    1207906t5ef8adzuh.gif
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Rebecca ~ I think we have all loved watching Athena grow from a baby to a walking toddler. Thank you so much for sharing her life with us.

Carol in GA

In a way Athena has many grandmas.💖
    💖Rebecca
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I've just made some sprouted beans in the IP. They are now in the freezer waiting for a nice piece of fish to go under.
    They are moth beans. :o I'm sure that is not how they are pronounced. The ones I got from Amazon come from Samarkand. :o
    The method for sprouting and the recipe is from Ivatra Pitri, or twosleevers, as she is known in IP circles. I have her Indian Cookery book.
    In the actual recipe they are cooked with all the usual onion, spices etc, but also desiccated coconut. We love it. One cup of dry beans makes enough sprouted beans for six portions I think. I've frozen them in 3 batches.
    Google twosleevers.com/ sprouted beans using the yoghurt button

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Rebecca~ oh she is such a cutie pie.....
    well Tom just called and I will drop Homer off at vet tomorrow am , he most likely will have the rest of his teeth taken out ,I knew it was something in his mouth.. poor lil guy... will be soft food for him
  • Katla49
    Options
    Heather: Thanks for your good wishes. We make facetime calls or zoom calls to our adult children & grandchildren when we can. :star:

Allie: How old is Homer? I hope the tooth extractions are helpful and he is more comfortable. :flowerforyou:

Rebecca: Athena is a cutie pie. I love seeing her photos. :bigsmile:

Our daughter’s old dog passed away yesterday. He was a huge Goldendoodle, and a great dog with the grandchildren. He was about the same age as our dog. I’m sad for them and counting my blessings. Our little guy is doing okay for now.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,387 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    :p
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    YVONNE in TX!!! YAY! please keep coming back yes we missed you.

Adorable Athena

• Katla49
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Heather: Schools closed early here. I don’t know when the fall term will begin. It all depends on the Covid virus and keeping the children safe. :heart:

Yvonne in TX: Great to see you post!!! Good luck with Phillip getting his hearing checked. My DH wore hearing aids for several years, but eventually they stopped helping. He tried others and chose not to buy new ones. He is doing surprisingly well without them now. I stay out of his decision process and that works better for both of us. :smiley:

As for the gym, it is open but DH doesn’t want me to go there because of virus worries, so I don’t get to enjoy yoga for the time being. He does feel good about me getting out to the stable and riding Arrow. YAY!!! I had a lovely ride Sunday and am still “riding high” because I finally managed to canter. The old childhood trauma is done. :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride home 2 work- 57.30min, 151mhr, 14amph, 13.39mi= 493c
    apple watch- 493c
    bike ride wrk 2 sumn sta- 2.48min, 11.1amph, 122mhr, .51mi= 24c
    Apple Watch- 22c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.51min, 9.1amph, 149mhr, 2.56mi= 167c
    apple watch- 146c

total cal 684
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    Yvonne good to see you!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    TV .... down here in Tasmania and also where we lived in Victoria (Aussie State) we get free antenna TV. For the first several years I lived here we had 3 or 4 channels. Now we've got about 20 but they are often so closely related they play the same things.

So the TV doesn't usually come on until about 6 pm and is off somewhere between 10 and 11 pm ... unless the choices dry up before that in which case it might be off by 8:30 pm.

Oh also shows tend to start roughly on the half hour and will go as long as needed to finish.

Last night for example Poirot started at 8:40 because New Tricks before it goes a little long and finished about 10:50.

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Katla- Homer is 14 and a poodle mix he has had teeh issues before think the last time he had 7 extracted..
    Dont know if the rest will come out today or not..i mean tomorrow, lord my sleep schedule is all messed up..
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    :)