WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Cleaning habits - my Mom has the whitest laundry and the cleanest floors, but there were layers upon layers of dust and clutter everywhere. She never threw anything out. An example: in 1997 when we moved to Alberta I gave my Mom my Tupperware spice set as it was too hard to move and still had usable spices. When my brother and I cleaned my Moms house in 2015 we threw those spices out. They had never been touched.

I don’t know if it was survival or part of my Virgo personality but I kept my room tidy organized and clean as the clutter drive me crazy!

My daughters are opposites my eldest is like my Mom she gets overwhelmed and can’t handle it, my youngest is just like me. When the girls were young it would be nothing for me to put Kaitlyn (youngest) to bed and Her room be a bit untidy. When I woke up in the morning the whole room could be spotless.

I quit doing their laundry when they were 10 and 8, I would wash it, dry it, fold it, place it on their bed to put away and the next week I would have folded laundry in my dirty clothes. I told them one week that if I found one more piece of folded laundry in the dirty clothes again I would never do their laundry again. The next week there was a folded piece, I put all of their stuff to the side and left it in the basement. Made almost the whole week before I got a call at work from Kaitlyn asking where her clean panties were. I felt bad as she was the 8 year old and it was the 10 year old that had put folded laundry in the basement, but I stuck to my guns and never did their laundry again.

I never did get Lauryn cleaning her room well, in 2005 we had a house fire and the fire chief even told her her untidy room was a hazard. That didn’t work either. 😂

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Machka - hugs to you. I feel a lot of us are going to end up with PTSD from this.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    There were almost 200 posts when I came to visit 3.5 hours ago!

Miss a couple days on here and it takes forever to catch up!

Tracey in Edmonton
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💜💛💚💙
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Went in the pool. Vince is at the dermatologist right now for his routine appt. I don’t know if he wants to tell Jess about his appts Thursday and Friday. She’s such a worry-wort. But then again, if he didn’t say anything and it was positive, she’d be upset. Well, I’m just going to ask him and go along with whatever he decides is best. Update: he doesn't want to unless she's home from work (which I doubt since she was just gone for two weeks)

He did say that he wanted to go to WalMart to get picture frames and some other things and then go to Lowes Hardware

Sharon
    – You’ve heard this before but I really believe it to be true. You do get used to the weather. The people in Arkansas are probably used to their weather. I know when we first moved to NC from PA, it took a few years before I was accustomed to the heat. I stayed in the a/c all the time. Now I have no problem with the heat. I just don’t like humidity, but we’re too far inland to get much

Just saw that the pool water is 90

Faye
    – my MIL didn’t have a serger but what she used to do is zig zag the cut parts of the fabric

Heather
    – let me add (about the sanding guy) if someone can’t come when they say they will, at least inform the person that they won’t be there and possibly when they will be there.

Karen
    - Boy, how Olivia has grown!

Went to WalMart. Then we were going to go to Michael’s to see about a picture frame (WM didn’t have the size) but they’re closing earlier now so we just came home. A lot of stores see to be closing earlier. Guess they’re saving money but not paying a worker trying to recoup what they lost when they were closed. Well, some stores…Michael’s was always open.

PLEASE…I implore you…when replying, PLEASE delete the parts that you aren’t replying to. PLEASE Many times it is just so hard to figure out what you are referring to. Thanks

Michele NC
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Shadow to groomer, Shadow and Tumble play date with boarder, made colelslaw, postponed Joe’s primary care followup to after eye surgery, line dance class.
    Bonus: researched accident reporting requirement.
    Get to do: call collision folk to see if any injury or >$2500 damage, if not, what do they want to do next, T’ai Chi, coffee with Barb and Tracie, Post Office, Farmers’ Market, Grocery Outlet, recycling, email SDAO re meeting change notice requirements, practice new dances (Turning Tables, Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); transplant bean, make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments. Monday firehall apologize to Aaron,
    Jumpback July
    28: Catch yourself over reacting and take a deep breath: plenty of opportunities as Joe and I continue our loving discussion about boarding the dogs so I can drive him to/from his eye surgery.
    Katla ((hugs)) to you, your DH and especially Schooner. :love: :heartbreak::love:
    Machka hope those tears were a healing relief. With all you’ve been through the past two years, compounded by your recent surgery, your body probably needed a good cry. Give Rhody a hug for me.
    Faye math’s not my strongest suit but do you add coffee after drinking the first half or just water for the next 10 drinks? Would be pretty thin by then ;) If you never add any coffee after the first load, they aren’t you just drinking one cup of coffee and 9 cups of water? Thanks for the melon review, think I’ll wait another month.
    Allie Still no luck with Triple A and the new driver’s license?
    Rebecca I can understand that once you’d gone “au naturel,” all those layers of Renaissance garb would lose their appeal ;) Oh noo, Athena Rose is growing up so fast!
    Welcome @mistyangela81!
    Heather glad you were strong enough to complete the procedure despite his pleas. Waves of healing and comfort to you both.
    Karen Olivia! How that miracle baby has grown, and with ‘tude! :love:

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: better than June.
    daily: steps>5491=5929 vits=24.5 log=27 CI<CO=22 CI<250<CO=18 Tumble & Shadow 5=19 mfp=19 clean 10 mins=25 outside=19 up hill=17
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=9 rx=4 dance=7
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=2 20for20=
    bonus: AF=14.75 play= sew=
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I did the diagnostic procedure on DH this afternoon and the poor man went crazy. Definitely crystals. So I carried on with the Epley Manoeuvre, even though he was shrieking in terror and begging for mercy! Now he is sitting with a towel around his neck to hold his head up. :o
    Last time it was cured in one session. Let's hope for the same result. Anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about, look up BBPV. He said it was like being on a whirlygig at 100 miles per hour.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

That doesn't sound right.

Are you sure you don't want to take him to a professional?

I've watched professionals do the Epley manoeuvre on my husband for diagnosed BPPV, and even though he feels very "swirly", there was no shrieking in terror and begging for mercy. It's a very slow, gentle manoeuvre and he feels good when it is finished.

His main therapist has identified issues in addition to the BPPV which are treated with similar but slightly different manoeuvres.

But half an hour later, he'll walk out feeling great! :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

PLEASE…I implore you…when replying, PLEASE delete the parts that you aren’t replying to. PLEASE Many times it is just so hard to figure out what you are referring to. Thanks

Michele NC

That's very hard to do when we're replying using a phone.

M in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    tbqxz7fadzyf.jpg
    Athena fix!💖
    💖Rebecca

Look at her grow! Such character!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3 Viv UK
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • Machka9
    Options
    Starting to build up the exercise just a little bit!

3max94c7ohhf.png

Machka in Australia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla I started a comment about your doggie a couple of times but I am not sure I ever got it posted. I am sorry about your dog's cancer. You know there are plenty of sympathetic ears here. Talk about it as much as you want to.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    Heather:
    Delighted that your ministrations for Johnny were successful. He looks very happy to be out with you.