Options
    fmfdfa2020 wrote: »
    kblanc14 wrote: »
    29 yo female
    5’2” Small frame according to my wrist circumference
    SW 126.2 (April 14th, 2020)
    Highest lifetime weight: 138 lbs. August 2011
    Goal Weight: 110
    Previous rounds: 125.2 -> 122.8 -> 121.6 -> 121.2 -> 119.8-> 119.4 -> 117.8 ->116.6
    Goal weight for this round: Somewhere in the 116 or 115 range

About me:
    I love learning about food and everything about it; from the way it acts in the body to learning to cook a new recipe. I went to school for nutrition (got my bachelor's) but I didn’t become an RD because it didn’t feel like the path for me. I guess I wanted to keep it as more of an interest instead of a career. I then went into public health to further my education and I currently help medically complex patients by connecting them with community resources to improve their health and life. I enjoy helping family and friends when they ask for advice related to food and nutrition. Plus, it helps me brush up on what I spent so much time learning!

I’m here because when I’m not paying attention to what I eat, I start to gain and feel uncomfortable in my body. For me that results in frustration and a lot of other emotions. It has also increased my cholesterol in the past (It’s good now as far as I know thanks to diet and exercise). I have a family history of diabetes, heart disease, and all that fun stuff. So, I want to prevent that for myself by getting a hold of my food habits now.

I’m always open to conversation about food and nutrition, so feel to reach out to me!

07/06
    116.6 Happy Monday everyone! This morning we did a good soccer workout for some exercise. Today is our produce CSA day and I’m looking forward to all the fun fruits and vegetables we’ll be picking up!

07/07 116.2 Hi! Not sure if the weight is right but I’ll go with it. I had the same number for like 5 days so I took one of the scale batteries out and put it back in which resulted in this number after it reading 116.6 minutes beforehand. Yesterday was fun picking up the CSA. This week we got summer squash, zucchini, kousa squash, peas, beets with greens, hakurei turnips with greens, kale, spigariello, green leaf lettuce, a cucumber, a small tomato, basil, scallions, strawberries and apples.

We went for a nice walk this morning coming in at 5ish miles. Today my sister in law and I will go pick up our monthly meat CSA which will be another fun adventure of new food options in the house! Not sure what’s on the agenda for dinner tonight except that I want to have some watermelon and feta cheese salad. I love that salty sweet combo! Have a good day everyone!
    I added a picture of our pick up from the csa yesterday. This is considered their small share. zbq8sahpmd84.jpg

Hi @kblanc14 Wow, nice! I was reading about CSA's in Maine/NH, and was wondering, are you supporting multiple farms or is this bounty from one farm. Such a variety with the fruit as well. I thought maybe multiple farms. We don't do a CSA but buy our vegetables and meat from a local farmer. It is amazing how much better the meat is than what you buy in the grocery store - no comparison, and his prices are competitive, which I would gladly pay more to support local farming and for the quality any day.

I saw your post about roasting radishes which I'll have to give it a try. Never thought of roasting them - I don't like them raw.

Thanks for sharing. Great way to support the farmers and to have a fresh, variety of vegetables/fruit. Debra

Hi Debra! Thanks! I get our produce CSA from Farmer Dave's out of the Dracut, Mass area. They have 2 or 3 properties but it's all within the same small business. With our area, it's hard to have all the farm space in one spot due to all the housing development, so I suspect that's why they have multiple farm properties. The apples and berries are also from their farms but I read on their website that when they are low on some fruit they will supplement our fruit CSA with some other local farmers who practice the way they do. I'm so glad I chose to do both the fruit and vegetable shares. As far as I can tell from their website, that their vegetables are only from their farm.

Here's their website in case you're curious. They have fun resources too for recipe ideas!
    https://farmerdaves.net/site/

Then we get our monthly meat CSA from Chestnut Farm's and pick it up a couple of towns over from us. Their farm is out in western Mass.

I feel similar about radishes as you do, I did find that eating them raw with a creamy yogurt dip has helped to lessen the bite, which makes it more enjoyable for me. Roasting them is my favorite though because it changes the flavor completely and mellows them a ton.
  • Tesha231
    Tesha231 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    @luksterdog118 Glad you and your hubs joined! Our current weight and GW are about the same. This could be fun!
    @fmfdfa2020 I generally try to avoid eating products with sugar and flour, too. Really any "white" ingredients (salt included) and potatoes. Key word, "try!" Very hard unless you cook from scratch, which I do. Very little prepared foods. Yet, here I am needing to drop 25ish pounds, lol. We got this!
    @jemtred @Calimackey Snacks are ok! I try to keep a heathy mix of snacks around. My favorite is an antioxidant mix of various nuts, raisens, cranberries. Measuring and sticking to the serving size is key as it is higher calorie. Some fruits and veggies allow a bulkier snack if you want more volume. Logging keeps accountability to your daily intake. That said, it was very, VERY hard for me ro stop at one serving of chips after working out yesterday--think I needed salt, which also went against my thought above to avoid "white" ingredients! Lol