Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Wrong answers ONLY!

Options

Replies

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,311 Member
    Options
    I've heard it's uncommon to be allergic to pickles and/or mustard. Personally, I don't believe it. I suspect 11 out of 10 people are allergic, even if they're unaware of it. It's probably uncommon to be allergic to air, as opposed to particles in the air, unless there are indeed life forms on other planets who don't much care for oxygen, hydrogen or nitrogen, in which case that might not be uncommon at all. I'm drawing a blank. Perhaps someone else knows of a couple, though how uncommon can it be if people know about it?

Assuming one has an uncommon allergy, what can one do about it?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It's all in your head. You overcome your fears by facing your fears. Same principle applies here...overcome your allergies by facing your allergies. Show them who's boss. Immerse yourself in copious amounts of whatever it is you're allergic to, and then it's a case of mind over matter. Personally, I'm allergic to large amounts of cash, especially 20's and 100's, so if anybody wants to help me out of my allergy by delivering large amounts of my specific allergen, I'll be forever grateful.

How come alcohol is limited to adults if it makes adults act like children?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,311 Member
    Options
    Children already act like children, so it would be wasted on them.

I'm expecting the arrival of a friend who will be staying for several days. Is it best to tidy up a bit before he arrives, or should I let him see how much I haven't changed over the past couple years?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,486 Member
    Options
    Ummmm he’s staying, he cleans (and cooks)! 😆

I saw all the posts about friends yesterday, I think it was. How does one make friends in their 40s?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,038 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Play dates! Have your dad call another dad who has a kid around your age and set up a time for the two of you to get together. Do you like board games? Coloring books? Be sure to bring along your favourite treasures to show your new potential friend. No fighting and you must share. Make sure you have snacks. (I can give you my dad's number to give to yours. Hint, hint.)

How often do you wash your hair?
  • nossmf
    Options
    I was going to say something about my receding hairline, but that would be cruel and insensitive. So instead I'll say it varies by time of year how often we wash our hare (you misspelled it, by the way). In the summer when his coat is already brown, it's hard to tell the difference from the dirt he enjoys hiding in, so we just spray him with a hose every couple weeks. But in the winter when his fur turns white as snow, every little bit of dirt verily screams for attention, so it's a daily bath for Mr. Long Ears. Our dog thinks this is hilarious, and often sits by the side of the tub observing. As I'm writing this I can see him grabbing carrots and parsley from the fridge to bring to the bathtub for Mr. Long Ears to nibble on, as well as turning up the heat to offset the lower temperatures outside. Our dog is so considerate of others.

Speaking of dogs, way back in history our caveman ancestors tamed wolves to become man's best friend. I wonder what cavewomen had in mind to become woman's best friend...do you know?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    The transporter. Cavewomen were sick and tired of gathering, cooking without a working stove and bad coffee. Those cave drawings were the beginning plans of a transporter that could whisk them away to running water, electricity, lattes and pedicures. (You know - the necessities.)

Has anyone seen my key fob? It's been lost for a month. I drove home, so it's here somewhere, but I'm running out of places to look for it. I'd rather find it than replace it, as a new one will cost me $350.

• np33441
    np33441 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Knitting sweaters out of eyelashes.
    What's the last book you read?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    How to Win Friends and Influence People

Now that I've gotten the nonsense answer, does anyone have a wrong answer to where my key fob might be?
  • awesomesue
    awesomesue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Long live Leon the Lobster!

Why is rootbeer so delicious?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    Because the roots that are used to make it are procured from the Amazon jungle

@cmsienk your key fob is in the firewood stack. You’ll probably unbury it Nov 28, 2022

What were you like in high school?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    🤯 You'll find the answer to the deliciousness of root beer on page 13 of How to Win Friends and Influence People

Cat, Frank, Sandee, S1im, Mork... do any of you have a suggestion as to where I should search for my key fob?

When I was in high school, I was a student by day and a sleuth by night. Everyone came to me with their problems: "Someone stole my car", "I'm being blackmailed", "I'm being arrested for murder" and so on. I enlisted the help of my private detective dad and went on to solve every case.

How long does it take you to get ready to go out?
  • Cat0703a
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @cmsienk see above! 😂
    But since you may not believe me, it could also be in the deep freezer. Today you can pull each item out and reorganize that for fun.

Now I’ll repeat, what were you like in high school?

I’m hoping you mean “takes me” 😅🤣

Well let’s just say it’s been two hours already and I’m not out the door yet. Actual get ready time 8 minutes. 2 hours of procrastination. 😉

What age should one retire?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Cat0703a I answered this. (See above) Since we forgot to text each other in the group text that we were posting here, this mixup is understandable. 🤔

How long does it take you to get ready to go out?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    And again! 😂😂😂
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    What age should one retire?
    80 years old... don't you know some of your most productive years happen after 65?

What's your favourite dessert?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Antarctica. (You misspelled your word again, this time turning desert into dessert with an extra "S"...you really should consult your spellchecker...) By definition, any area is defined as a desert based on annual precipitation being below a certain threshold, and Antarctica qualifies based on how little rain falls there. What makes it more appealing to me is the presence of penguins, those guys make me laugh, while camels in other deserts look like evil mutant horses. (Btw, did you know Sahara means desert? So saying Sahara Desert is really saying Desert Desert.)

If English is so hard to learn as a second language, why doesn't everybody simply learn it as their first language?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Because, apparently, the spelling is too complicated!

Does anyone know where the longest river is located?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Does ANYONE know? Yes, I'm sure there's somebody in the world who knows. Maybe even several somebodies.

It's tax season again. Is it better to do my own tax paperwork or pay somebody else to do it?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I was going to suggest putting your allergy to work for you and paying someone to do your taxes with the money that rolls in from that, but where is the fun in that my literal friend?

Instead, may I suggest a third option? You should pass on doing your taxes this year. The government gets so many tax returns; they won't miss yours at all.

Does anyone posting in this thread think nossmf knows where the longest river is located?