Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Wrong answers ONLY!

Options

Replies

• Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,501 Member
    Options
    Since he’s a rocket scientist, he probably doesn’t know geography all that well. 🤭

I have 30 minutes free in my work calendar today. What should I do to fill it?

And 80 years old?? Didn’t I cry when I saw I don’t get full pension until 71 and 4 months? Why did I start my “grown up” job so late??? 😭
  • np33441
    np33441 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes, nossmf is actually a Canadian geography whiz who had a chance at the big-time at age 12, made it all the way to the world championship Geography Bee in New York, but lost on the last round by spelling 'color' as 'colour' and was immediately disqualified. Nossmf never recovered, and is still bitter, years later.

Where is your gallbladder located?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    np33441 wrote: »
    Yes, nossmf is actually a Canadian geography whiz who had a chance at the big-time at age 12, made it all the way to the world championship Geography Bee in New York, but lost on the last round by spelling 'color' as 'colour' and was immediately disqualified. Nossmf never recovered, and is still bitter, years later.

Where is your gallbladder located?

You actually got bit by the lag bug, 🐛 which languishes around here. You should've answered the next question.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,404 Member
    Options
    Wait, you get a pension? My retirement will be based on the value of my 401k when I get ready to jump ship, and since it didn't get started until late, it means either my retirement will be late or my rate of savings will have to increase a lot (or both)....

Filling in empty calendar spaces is easiest with crayons. Since January's birthstone is garnet, select a dark red crayon.

Any suggestions on getting a dog to sleep through the night without needing a 3am call-of-nature?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    A little Chamomile tea right before bedtime, combined with 15 minutes of relaxing yoga (he should be real good at downward facing dog), should be enough to relax your dog into a blissful 8 hours of sleep. If this doesn't work, consider investing in Doggie Depends.

What question is being answered here?
    nossmf wrote:
    Filling in empty calendar spaces is easiest with crayons. Since January's birthstone is garnet, select a dark red crayon.
  • nossmf
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    What question is being answered here?
    nossmf wrote:
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    I have 30 minutes free in my work calendar today. What should I do to fill it?

The lag monster caused multiple posts to pop up during the time it took me to respond to her question, but since neither of the intermediate posts actually answered her question, I considered it the last viable question and thus answered it. But then, that makes this a logical, well thought-out answer.

Ok, the wrong answer: What question is being answered here? This one.

Would you like a roadmap for the inner workings of my mind?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Yes please! Could I get that in a bound pamphlet like the TripTiks my parents used to get at AAA?
    d2cyy10yjcpw.jpg
    (I see what happened with the calendar spaces response. I skimmed right past that, thinking the question was "Why did I start my job so late?")

Did your dog like the Chamomile tea? And by the way, I'm not really fond of Chamomile. How do you get children to try foods they claim they don't like?
  • awesomesue
    awesomesue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Mochi the cat with the nubby tail and her talkative sinister sister run around at 2am. They live up to their nicknames of Thunder Paws and Tje Commander. Galloping and chatting away the make quite the racket. The beings that feed them awaken at the terrible hour startled.

If you could be anyone, why not be Batman?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Who would want to be Batman and, by default, his alter ego, millionaire Bruce Wayne? (No, @nossmf, not his altar ego.) I'd much rather be Mermaidman or even Barnacle Boy.

Looking for a wrong, but sane, answer to the following: How do you get children to try foods they claim they don't like?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    I’m sure @frankwbrown will love this one…blend the offending food with ice cream and serve it as a milkshake. For the child you, I’d blend mustard and pickles with an espresso ice cream and top it with freshly whipped cream.

Sorry to have confused you earlier with my rhetorical question about grown up jobs. I’ll have my dad call yours to arrange a play date where I’ll ask for forgiveness in person.

My child talks non stop (about video games) when I need quiet. How do I make him feel supported and listened to while I also get much needed quiet?
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,808 Member
    Options
    Not sure of your child's age, but a TV series and headphones will do for most. Young ones will sit for hours watching "Barney the Dinosaur: The Ultimate Collection", while older ones may go for "Hannah Montana: The Clean Years". Provide a supply of donuts, cookies, and Hostess Twinkies to fill their nutritional needs without interruption. Go ahead & sign your kid up for an MFP account. They will need it eventually.

Some old friends have reconnected recently after my retirement and are wanting more of my time. How can I maintain my space without causing offense?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Get yourself a lifesize hamster ball and climb in that whenever you meet up with these old friends. That should maintain a fair amount of space between you and them when you're together.

I'm meeting two of my sisters for lunch today. Any suggestions for a fun activity we can do afterwards?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    Recreate some of your favourite child memories with them? Like when you cut the hair off your older sister’s Barbie or when you got into mom’s makeup for makeovers.

Any other suggestions for @cmsienk?
  • nossmf
    Options
    @cmsienk and her sisters are no longer kids, so those childhood games need to be updated to adult games. Instead of cops and robbers, play drill sergeant and private, where you take turns yelling at each other to drop and give me 20, or personal trainer and athlete, where you again take turns yelling but this time for calisthenics and running in place. Bonus points to whomever makes their sister surrender the lunch you just ate; you both can remove those calories from your log.

As a rocket scientist, I'm very good with numbers, but lousy at remembering names of people. Any suggestions?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Name tags is the obvious answer here. Carry a stack of blank sticky-back name tags with you at all times, labeling them and handing them out to each new person you meet. Request politely that they wear this name tag until you've met up with each other a dozen times. That seems like a reasonable amount of time for you to learn a name.
    If that seems too complicated or if you think these people won't comply with your request, just rename everyone you meet. How about giving them your name? You've had plenty of time to remember that, right?

I'm running late for lunch with my sisters (had to stop for props for our upcoming drill sergeant/private game. What's a better excuse for being late?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    @nossmf
    If @cmsienk's suggestion doesn't work for you, might I suggest the following?
    Since you're good with numbers, develop an algorithm that will convert any name to a number. You can incorporate word length into the algorithm, but you'll also need to consider the letters, and of course you'll need to recognize permutations, not just combinations, in order to come up with a unique number that can be converted back to the original name. Then when you meet someone, just convert their name into that unique number and remember them as that number. Now, when you see them again, it's a simple matter of mentally applying that algorithm to that easily remembered number, and voila!

@cmsienk
    Tell them you had a brief meeting concerning your volunteering with Doctors Without Borders. Then they'll be suitably impressed and not upset at all.

How long should I wait for a plumber to arrive who will be looking at replacing my hot water tank w/ a tankless water heater?
  • nossmf
    Options
    I suggest following the college rule for late teachers. If the teacher/plumber has a doctorate/company boss, wait an hour. If the teacher/plumber has a master's/co-owner, wait half an hour. If the teacher/plumber is just a TA/apprentice, five minutes max.

I would love to be a high school teacher, but wouldn't be able to afford my current lifestyle off a teacher's salary. If all jobs paid the same, what would you be doing as a career?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,835 Member
    Options
    I'd be a Career Criminal of course! 🤔 Or maybe pursue my dream Career as a Circus Clown 🤔Or ... I don't know, Crime Scene Cleanup?

When you were a child, did you ever imagine any of your life as it now stands?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    At the age of 8, I detailed out how I imagined would be, planned carefully by date and sometimes down to the hour. I still follow that plan to the minute. Let me tell you it was hard to give birth exactly at the scheduled time. 😅 Next up is climbing Kilimanjaro on July 7th. I hope I’m ready for that!!

What is the next thing you are looking forward to?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    The zombie apocalypse. 10 more months of winter. Right now it's 14°F. I can't wait for it to get below zero and stay there for a week or two.

If you could invent a device to make your life easier, what would it be?