Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Wrong answers ONLY!

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,038 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I'm surprised you have to ask... it's obviously marinara sauce. You've probably been pouring this beverage on your pasta before eating, when you really should be eating the cooked noodles plain, then taking a drink of marinara and mixing it in your mouth. This is the optimal way to eat/drink your breakfast spaghetti.

I just discovered that someone mentioned my brand of liquid blush on TikTok and now it's not available in-store or online - in any shade. 😕 What's a good replacement to try?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    If liquid blush is no longer available, the primary alternatives are either vapor blush or solid blush. (There is a fourth option, plasma blush, but it's been so hot right now, good luck finding it.)

When I fall asleep, sometimes my arm falls asleep also, and my fingers tingle when I wake up. Is this serious, and if so what can I do about it?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,310 Member
    Options
    The tingling in your fingers is caused by your arm falling asleep. You're probably forgetting to tell your arms to stay awake when you are going to sleep. If you are telling your arms to stay awake, then it's likely happening because you don't have a high enough level of caffeine in your system to keep your arms awake. Try consuming one or more of the following just before you go to bed. This will ensure that your arms don't fall asleep.
    • a six-pack of Jolt Cola
    • four Monster Energy Drinks
    • twelve cups of coffee
    • 64 chocolate covered espresso beans

After a delightful breakfast of plain spaghetti with a pint of marinara, I'm wondering what I should have for lunch. Any suggestions? (Ideally, something that involves chocolate)
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,750 Member
    Options
    I suggest you stay with the spaghetti theme, and use a pint of hot fudge in place of the marinara. I think you'll find the noodles with chocolate are surprisingly tasty even though you might think the flavors would clash, and as long as you don't overheat the fudge and drain the noodles sufficiently, the fudge will stick to the noodles even better than the marinara sauce!

@nossmf might also want to consider this as the pre-bed snack in addition to the four excellent suggestions you made @frankwbrown ;) And yeah, I should have said diameter instead of radius back on the hamster ball question. Thanks for the suggestion on how to resolve my problem. :lol:

I'm suspecting that COVID-19 will finally fall to a level that everyone decides to go 'back to normal' by this summer, and all the good vacation destinations will be overcrowded as a result. Any ideas of vacation destinations where one is likely to be able to escape the crowds?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Assuming you mean likely to escape a crowd of people and not bats, may I suggest Bracken Cave, on the northern outskirts of San Antonio, Texas?

Bracken Cave is home to the largest bat colony; between 15 and 20 million. Experiencing pitch dark in a cave, while surrounded by bats, is not on most people's bucket list, so you are unlikely to find crowds of people there. Also, bats are considered ugly and are feared by many... another reason to think you'll enjoy this vacation all by your lonesome. (The best times to visit Bracken Cave are July and August when days are longer, and also because baby bats are born in June and start flying in July.)

I'm thinking about making a pie. I'm not a fan of ready-made crusts, but I'm not very good at making pie crust from scratch. Any tips or tricks to successfully making pie crust?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    It's really quite simple. There are many websites that will tell you exactly how to make pie crust. Unfortunately, they're all wrong. For example, most will tell you that you need to keep the butter very cold, and that you need to cut the butter into the flour. But this yields a dough where the butter is not fully incorporated into the flour. It is better to melt the butter and blend it into the flour for a good forty minutes. If melting butter is too difficult, you can just use lard. You might also consider substituting crushed saltine crackers for the flour. If you do this, you'll have a pie crust unlike any other, and people will be amazed.

What's the best way to cook eggs?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,486 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to cook them? Like fruits and vegetables you get the most nutrients when eating them raw and leaving the peel aka the shell on.

Do you believe Sasquatch exist?
  • nossmf
    Options
    I saw a post online saying Sasquatch is real, and the internet never lies, so yes, I believe they exist.

Now that my fingers know who's boss thanks to my pre-bed snacks, I've discovered through my state of altered consciousness that I can't feel my spleen. Seriously, my heart is screaming, my lungs are hacking, and my stomach is loudly expressing itself, but my spleen is nowhere to be noticed. Should I consult a doctor?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    No, not at all. What did your spleen ever do for you anyway? Does it pump blood, delivering oxygen and nutrients around your body, or take oxygen from the environment and transfer it to your bloodstream or hold and breakdown food like those other organs of yours? No, it's really basically an assistant - helping other organs complete their tasks. And assistants should be seen and not heard.

Someone in the accounting department from a business I worked with last year is insisting that my dba name and EIN (employer identification number) don't match. She is telling me I need to send a revised W9. She's not accepting my answer that not only are they correct but they've been the same for many years. How can I convince her?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    It's not likely you can convince her that your dba and EIN match. They probably don't, and you've probably been mistaken all these years. But that's no reason to give in. Instead, convince her that there's a good reason your dba and EIN don't match. One, or all three, of the following should do the trick:
    1. Tell her you are an exception to the rule.
    2. Tell her you're in a special category with the govt for which there is a rule that states your dba and EIN should not match, under penalty of law.
    3. Tell her you are in fact a secret agent for the govt, and your nonmatching dba and EIN are intentional and intended to thwart the efforts of evil-doers to reveal your identity. Tell her that as such, you are authorized to kill anyone who disagrees with you or who threatens to reveal your identity. Smile and nod slowly as you're telling her this.

It's been a while since I did any overnight backpacking up in the Sierras. Is now a good time for that, or should I wait until later this spring or summer?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Winter is the perfect time for overnight backpacking, because the nights are longer during the winter months, so you get to maximize your overnight enjoyment. In fact, if you took your trip to far northern Alaska rather than the Sierras, you could get almost 24 hours of nighttime enjoyment. (The flip side is also true, that longer summer days are better for day hikes because of more daylight hours.)

Flipping through TV channels the other day, I saw a professional bowling match. It reminded me how I once had a chance to become a professional bowler, but opted instead to go to college and join the military. (True story.) Is it too late to follow my childhood dream?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    It's never too late to follow your dreams. So get that bowling shirt, shoes, and custom bowling ball. Forget about engineering, there's big money to be had in professional bowling. With practice you'll be bowling 300 in no time. Maybe even 350, if you try hard enough!

Whatever happened to my Willie Mays baseball mitt from my very brief time in Little League in the fifth grade?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Check your kitchen drawers. I think you were using it as an oven mitt. Oh wait, I remember now - I borrowed it for extra warmth on one hand when I was stacking wood yesterday.🤔 Sorry - I'll get it back to you as soon as I can.

I have two unopened multi packs of furnace filters I can no longer use. I was able to return one of them to Costco for a $43 refund, but can't remember where I bought the other pkg. If I'm unable to remember and return it, does anyone here have a good idea for an alternate use for four 20x20x1 inch furnace filters?
  • nossmf
    Options
    You can give them to me! The handle on my kitchen colander recently broke, and I have no way to strain the water out of my pasta.

Feeding a family of 6 humans and 9 non-humans (cats, dogs, birds) is not only financially straining, but half of every Saturday is spent grocery shopping. That's a quarter of my hard-earned weekend, gone! How can I continue to feed my family without giving up so much time and money?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    So, decades ago, there was a guy who claimed to be living on air. He had fanatic followers just like lots of the crackpot religious gurus, although I'm not sure for how long any of those followers followed. I was going to jokingly suggest you have your family go on the "air diet". But that was before I discovered
    this website, that claims to make protein from the air: https://www.airprotein.com/
    With your talents as an engineer, I'm sure you would have no problem replicating their technique. Then you could not only feed your family, but the world as well.

A while back Norton informed me that support for my Norton Core Router was ending and that it would cease to function at the end of January. Since that's two days from now, I'm wondering if I should start thinking about replacing it. What do you think?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,486 Member
    Options
    I think it’s a test to see who is gullible enough to replace it. Show your loyalty and continue to (try) using it.

How shall I prioritize the four remaining work tasks I have to work on today? I don’t want to do any of them…
  • anniecpotts
    anniecpotts Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Children

What is your dream job?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    How shall I prioritize the four remaining work tasks I have to work on today? I don’t want to do any of them…
    Here is a wrong answer that makes sense... Do them in this order:
    1. The one you can hand off to your 13-year old son (hand it over to him - done)
    2. The one you can do while waiting for a latte (drive to Starbucks, order a latte, start and finish this task)
    3. The one you can do while hiking outside (don't forget to bundle up)
    4. The one you can do with your eyes closed (wait until bedtime - accomplish two things at once)
    What is your dream job?
    MFP Moderator

I annoyed a friend who is giving me the silent treatment. What's the best way for me to respond to this behavior?
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,750 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    The silent treatment is a juvenile way of responding to an offense in which the offended party can't find a satisfactory way to provide a verbal response, probably because they don't really understand their own feelings or why they feel that way. The best way to help resolve that is to offend them in a way that is easy to understand both the reason for the negative feelings and clearly recognize the thing that was done wrong. That way they should be able to break though the emotional and mental barrier that was blocking their response. Depending on the individual, you might want to invest in some light body armor, or in worst-case scenarios, a Kevlar vest.

I want to take a vacation trip next week and will need to drive about 11 hours to my destination. My budget for this trip is meager, and I'd like to break up the long drive by spending the night somewhere along the way. What is a good option for overnight accommodations under $20?
  • KathLeenMVP
    KathLeenMVP Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Car camping is all the rage. Find an abandoned playground at about 1 am, kick back the driver seat and sleep 3 hours under the one flashing lamp in the gravel path. Then find a WalMart, park the farthest from the main entrance, crawl onto the curvy back seat, and finish your remaining 3 to 4 hours night sleep before store opens so you can use the bathroom and meet fellow parking lot crashers to share news of today's weather. Now you have 20$ more to put toward gas, you're welcome.

Never seen Northern Lights. It's either too foggy or too far. How do I recreate this natural beauty at home?