Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Wrong answers ONLY!

Options

Replies

• Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,559 Member
    Options
    It’s crunch time for Santa and his elves so they “borrow” a minute or two extra each day from us.

What is the best kind of vehicle for road trips and why?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,330 Member
    Options
    The best kind of vehicle for road trips is a clown car. Have you seen how much you can stuff in one of those?

What's your favourite topic to talk about when mingling at a party?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,447 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Myself! People love to hear me talk endlessly about myself. Whenever the topic drifts to something else, I try to bring it back to me, because I know I'm just that fascinating.

How do you put on your socks and shoes?
  • cmsienk
    edited December 2021
    Options
    My favorite way to put on my shoes and socks is to put them on someone - usually a random passerby. It's so much fun to see the shock delight on their face as I push them into a chair, take off their shoes and socks and replace them with my own. (Clean socks of course. What am I - a barbarian?)

What's your favourite holiday tradition?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,767 Member
    Options
    My tradition is starting holidays in the first place. Christmas? My idea. Halloween? Also me. Arbor Day? That was a practical joke which kinda just kept going. I'm currently taking suggestions for my next holiday to invent.

What should be the next holiday I invent?
  • sandejones
    sandejones Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Belly button fluff day or Ear Hair Appreciation day should be on everyone's social calendar.
    h7y4wopova6w.jpg
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    sandejones wrote: »
    Belly button fluff day or Ear Hair Appreciation day should be on everyone's social calendar.
    h7y4wopova6w.jpg

Ewwww 😂 @sandejones got a question you want answered?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    While we wait for @sandejones' question, I'd like to post my answer that I had ready to post this morning but got distracted, then @nossmf posted his reply informing us all he is to blame or thank (depending) for our many holidays.
    cmsienk wrote: »
    What's your favourite holiday tradition?
    My favourite holiday tradition is something my family has done for as long as I can remember, and it's probably a tradition shared by most other families as well.
    We take the dryer lint we've been collecting all year long, and we weave winter mittens for our pet cats and dogs. We love the beautiful and varied colours of the lint blending together in the most interesting patterns. The more artistic among us will often attempt to create images, like the Mona Lisa or Van Gogh's Lilacs, etc. I wonder what other people do.

Incidentally, here's my answer to my previous question:
    How do you put on your socks and shoes?
    Feet first. (yes, I now it makes no sense, but it's true) 😁

• sandejones
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Sorry I got so excited looking at that handsome man with the hair popping out of his ears, I was distracted.

My question. Do you stalk anyone? (In strictest confidence of course)
  • nossmf
    Options
    Nah, I don't stalk, I usually prefer laying traps for my prey.

What would your three wishes be for a genie in a bottle?
  • cmsienk
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I'd wish for pickles to disappear off the face of the earth... (wait - that's a real wish).

I'm sure there are others, but off the top of my head --

For pickles to be mandatory with every meal...
    For rush hour traffic to be an all day thing... and
    For mosquitos to live year round and set up camp in my living room.

What's your favourite gift to receive?
  • nossmf
    Options
    My favorite gifts come AFTER Christmas, about a week after, when all the credit card companies write to tell me I'm overdrawn and they promise to hound me until death or paid off, whichever comes last. Most people only celebrate on the day of Christmas; the credit card companies keep you in their thoughts all year long. Now THAT's the spirit of Christmas. *sniff*

What do you do with all the Christmas cards you receive?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    I use old Christmas cards to wallpaper my house. I've been doing it for decades. I've long since covered all the walls, and started covering over cards, many layers deep. I'm thinking I should probably move to a bigger house, because the thickness of my "cardwalls" are beginning to make a noticeable negative impact on floor space. When I'm bored, I will dig down through the layers and remind myself of Christmas' past.

What's the best way to get out popcorn kernels that occasionally get stuck between your teeth and gums?
  • nossmf
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Regular visits to the dentist to extract the offending teeth in the way, remove the kernel, then stick the tooth back in the socket. I even let the doctor keep the kernel, that's how generous I am.

What will your meal be on Christmas Eve/Day (whichever gets the bigger meal in your house)?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    On Christmas Day we make Brussels sprouts 18 ways. Ranging from grandma’s boiled until mush, dad’s deep fried in bacon grease, and aunt June’s popular Brussels sprout pie.

How about you?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    On Christmas Eve I get together with my family. We usually have such things as mustard sandwiches, pickled pigs feet, deep fried lard bars, and other such common delicacies.
    On Christmas Day, they all do their own thing and I have my soul Christmas dinner consisting of as many decades-old Hostess cupcakes as I can eat, from an abandoned semi-trailer I came across years ago in the desert.

What do you do to relax after a big Christmas dinner?
  • sandejones
    edited December 2021
    Options
    With it being mid summer here (30 c) , we all relax by blowing up the paddling pool , donning our wet suits and enjoying some deep water diving.

Do you do your Christmas grocery shopping instore?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    I actually steal from my neighbours’ gardens and pantries. 🤫

What are you up to today?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Working on my monolog for the American Academy Awards in March. Oh you didn't know? Ever since they released Kevin Hart in 2019 there hasn't been a host... everyone is just too controversial. Wasn't I excited when they called on me? Wish me luck!

Other than Frank, what's a good topic for my monolog at the Oscars?
  • frankwbrown
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Do you really need any other topic, when you could talk endlessly about me? Wouldn't I be the best topic ever? I mean, why even mention the best movies, actors, directors, cinematographers, writers, etc. when you could entertain people with stories about me? 🤣
    But, if for some reason, you need another topic, might I suggest the life cycle of the slime mold?
    That's a topic almost as interesting as I am!

What else, besides me, brightens your day?