Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Wrong answers ONLY!

Options

Replies

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    The Lean kind of course!
    Lean cuisine 🤪

The weather is so crazy these days. How can we celebrate Memorial Day weekend with snow on the ground?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    @BeYourBestSelfDeb - the idea is to answer the previous question and then pose your own.

although perhaps I misunderstood and avacado smoothie was the answer to cmsienks' dilemma B)

cmsiek, to expand on that - the answer is because you have limited space in your glove box and boot (I think you in US call the car boot something else though?? - serious question) and by the time you have packed your fashionable bonnet for any occasions where it might be required and also enough avocados and a food processor to make your own smoothies wherever you are, there is no space left for umbrellas.

Next answer: given I do not love avocado smoothies this is based on a false premise.

However if I did, I'm sure other favourite cuisine would be raw kale, onion sandwiches, crumbed brains, diced liver...

It is a good idea to take a portable food processor, as mentioned above, to wherever one may go, along with some emergency food supplies, perhaps those listed in my favourites above.
    That way if you go out to dinner and something boring like steak and chips or baked salmon or vegetable lasagne are on the menu - you have your own alternative and can whip up an avocado, garlic, kale, liver smoothie on the spot!
    Problem: food processors are quite noisy. How do you disguise the noise whilst you discreetly prepare said alternative meal?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,356 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @paperpudding, the first answer you're looking for is 'trunk'.

Now, the best way to disguise a noisy food processor is to invite the members of a marching band to accompany you out to dinner. Not only will their lively music entertain your guests (and all the other guests in the restaurant), the mere sight of between 20 and 300 musicians (depending upon the size of the high school in your home town) gathered to entertain may be distraction enough.

What was your first job out of high school?

• Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,562 Member
    Options
    CEO of one of the world’s largest banks. I decided it wasn’t the right fit for me so I left it for hospitality.

What is your first memory?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    My first memory is seeing the Mona Lisa in the louvre. It was so eerie, how the eyes follow you no matter where your mother carries you.

Do you have lots of shoes?
  • cmsienk
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Nope. No shoes here at all. On another thread, I recently responded that I go barefoot in my house. Truth is - I go barefoot everywhere. It's especially fun outside in January as well as in airports and on airplanes - the floors of which look like they are seldom, if ever, cleaned.

What do you like to collect?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    Polar bears.
    real live ones. I steal the babies from the wild and have a collection of all ages in a converted shed in my back yard.
    Very expensive as it never snows where I live (this part is true) and so I constantly have to get snow flown in and the electricity bill of keeping it cold enough is ginormous!

Just as well I really am the CEO of the worlds largest bank and have the income to do this B)

paperpudding that isnt just a wrong answer - it is an absolutely stupid answer :p:s

Is there a limit to how much stupidity should be tolerated on the internet?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    The Lean kind of course!
    Lean cuisine 🤪

The weather is so crazy these days. How can we celebrate Memorial Day weekend with snow on the ground?

Anyway... This was my question passed above
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,452 Member
    Options
    (Are avocado smoothies antimatter to umbrellas? 🤔)

My favorite cuisine is not of any particular culture or region, but rather are all things pickled and covered in mustard. A little horseradish and/or wasabi is an added treat. Monkey brains are good too, as well as most organs from domesticated mammal and fowl. Now, if I could only find a good recipe for gizzard ice cream.

What else goes good dipped or covered in chocolate?

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    Ok I guess I'm invisible 😔
  • frankwbrown
    edited May 2022
    Options
    My comment above was in response to the last comment on page 41, so I missed all the above comments on page 42. 🤷‍♂️ (which gave me some good chuckles this morning 😂)
    The Lean kind of course!
    Lean cuisine 🤪

Since the weekend is over and it is now Memorial Day, this answer comes a bit late, but nevertheless...

Can you remember a day in the past when there was snow on the ground on Memorial Day? How did you celebrate then? In any event...

The best way to celebrate Memorial Day (with or without snow) is by testing your memory. As best I can remember, that's what this day is all about. Several ways of doing this are:
    • recite the periodic table (for an extra challenge, include the atomic weights)
    • recite Pi to 1,000 decimal places (for an extra challenge, compute it's square root)
    • remember what you had for breakfast every day for the past year
    • recall the date and place where you got each and every item in your refrigerator
    These are just a few ideas. Use your imagination and make today one to remember.

What else goes good dipped or covered in chocolate (I mean besides monkey brains and gizzards)?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Pizza. Especially pizza with pineapple. Pizza with barbecue dipped in chocolate is also good. But my absolute favorite is cauliflower crust pizza with veggie toppings=broccoli, zucchini, spinach, kale,etc. dipped in white chocolate and drizzled with dark chocolate.

Since I just had surgery, I can’t take care of a garden, flower or vegetables. What do you suggest I do with my flowerbeds?
  • cmsienk
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I heartily recommend spreading flowered covered comforters over your flower beds and putting them to bed for the season. I know just where you can find an assortment of these beautiful bedspreads.
    o7zfm1mmxf7h.jpg
    I'm packing to go to London on Friday. Other than my passport, G- type power adaptors and my umbrella, what might I be forgetting to add to my suitcase?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Fill them entirely with bird seed. I know what you're thinking, this won't just attract birds but alot of other animals too. Good that's the plan. You'll become a Disney princess in no time. Then once you have the animals trust turn all of them but one back into flower beds and have the animals take care of your garden for you. Although through my very limited research I think this plan will only work as long as you can sing...

"That's common sense". Actually common sense is a learned ability, meaning you have the opportunity in life to build your judgment of common sense. However, the only way to do that is to basically live through life lessons and learn. And since we all view the world differently and take away different views from situations doesn't that mean "common sense" is subjective? So isn't it a matter of opinion when someone says "that's common sense"?
  • frankwbrown
    edited May 2022
    Options
    It's certainly only a matter of opinion, but whose opinion matters the most? In my experience, it's my opinion that matters the most, because I'm always right and never wrong. I thought I made a mistake once in the last century, but I was mistaken in thinking that. Not sure whether that should or shouldn't count as having been wrong once.

Speaking of experience, as the philosopher/comedian Steven Wright has observed:
    “Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.”

What can we do to rectify this problem?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    I heartily recommend spreading flowered covered comforters over your flower beds and putting them to bed for the season. I know just where you can find an assortment of these beautiful bedspreads.
    o7zfm1mmxf7h.jpg
    I'm packing to go to London on Friday. Other than my passport, G- type power adaptors and my umbrella, what might I be forgetting to add to my suitcase?

It seems like we're skipping over everyone these days. 🙄🤨😆

She can't fill her flower beds with birdseed because she's already tucked them in with beautiful, flowery comforters.

Could someone answer my question please as it's time sensitive? What might I be forgetting - specific to traveling to London?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,562 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    A translation app or American to British dictionary, a your tea cup and saucer, and a suit to replicate the Abbey Road photo.

Next person, can you also help @cmsienk ’s ask for packing assistance as I have likely forgotten other items?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    @cmsienk, common sense might have told me, had I used it, that @generic_excuse was answering @corinasue1143's question and not yours.
    But to add to Cat's answer, I I would suggest taking a ton of old Beatles vinyl records. I bet the Brits aren't aware of this group so popular in the United States in the '60s. You could probably sell those records at a very handsome profit, The money which you could then spend seeing all the sites of London.

Who else has some ideas for @cmsienk?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Options
    @cmsienk I swear I even refreshed. MFP is out to embarrass me. 😂 I apologize!
  • Generic_Excuse
    Options
    There, think we're all caught up now and we can go forward pretending @Generic_Excuse didn't just fumble up the thread.
    Speaking of experience, as the philosopher/comedian Steven Wright has observed:
    “Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.”

What can we do to rectify this problem?