Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Wrong answers ONLY!

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,319 Member
    Options
    Engineers are only doing the bidding of conference organizers. Conference organizers want the conference rooms chilly in an effort to prevent attendees falling asleep during the meeting. Sadly, this seldom works, because no matter how energizing the meeting, there is always someone who will find it boring and sleep-inducing.

Speaking of sleep-inducing, I've been to seminars where the speaker speaks in a slow monotone voice. I find it challenging to stay alert and attentive during these seminars, especially over the snoring of nearby attendees who have drifted off. Why do they do this?
    These speakers are all actually in training to be hypnotists and they're practicing on their conference crowds. You don't know it, but you probably were hypnotized during one or more of those sessions.

I am once again packing to go out of town. I find packing to be such drudgery. Can one of you suggest a game I could make out of it to keep it more interesting?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest color coordinating each piece of luggage with like colored clothing ...red leather suitcase = Red sequinned dress and matching Stilletos, black Samsonite suitcase = Little black dress, midnight black stockings and black Spandex gym pants and those sexy lace unmentionables 🙊🙈
    That blue denim overnight bag is the perfect pairing with blue jeans and that navy blue pantsuit, and finally..we must find you a fun yellow bag just perfect for that itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polkadot bikini.
    Don't do other to take a gorgeous red lipstick💄 which goes with everything and interchangeable from one suitcase to the next. 😉💋

Approximately an hour and fifteen minutes ago I turned 58 😱 I am so tired and decided that I didn't want to do anything special or go anywhere until this weekend, when my children are taking me to a nice dinner and celebration. My husband was all ready to take me somewhere this evening, but I was just too tired and chose to have him pick up some Chinese takeout. Why wouldn't I want to go somewhere special for my birthday? Might I be so old that I'd rather not celebrate as it's a reminder of my getting closer to ...you know...the "End"? 😰
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,747 Member
    Options
    how many 'i's are in mississippi?

According to the 2020 census, the population of Mississippi was 2.982 million. Assuming the population grows at the global growth rate of 1% per year, that means after two years the number of people saying "I" in Mississippi has now grown to 3.042 million. (We'll give some leeway for the babies who can only say "mama" at this time.)
    Why wouldn't I want to go somewhere special for my birthday?

First blush answer is you didn't have a matching color-coordinated bag to go with your multi-color birthday hat.
    Might I be so old that I'd rather not celebrate as it's a reminder of my getting closer to ...you know...the "End"? 😰

I reached "the End" last night, and while it was sad to see it happen, there's comfort in knowing that despite the first game of the NFL season ending Thursday, there will be plenty more action coming in just a couple more days.

My boss sprung for lunch the other day. While this was a nice gesture, I think I would have preferred eating the leftovers I brought to work instead of the sandwiches I felt obligated to partake in. Is there a recommended way to handle this situation in the future?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    this is a classic example of just needing to compromise

What sort of leftovers did you have? - if it was something semi solid like curry or meatballs - just open the sandwich, remove the original filling and spread your curry inside.

Make a point of loudly saying, in boss's hearing, how much nicer your curry/tuna mornay/meatballs/fried rice/whatever is with the supplied sandwich bread.

If this is not possible, eg your leftovers were soup, take a sandwich and dip it into your meal or use the sandwich to mop up the excess - like some people do with bread rolls to mop up gravy or sauce.

I like making soup in my slow cooker.

What are some new recipes I could try?

• cogie66
    cogie66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The beautiful mud pies I used to make in the backyard as a kid.

What is your favorite vegetable dish?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Candy corn

What's your go-to excuse for being late?
  • nossmf
    Options
    I'm exactly on time, they just had given me the wrong time to arrive.

I'm having to work on a Sunday, which not only means giving up half my weekend but also missing week 1 of the NFL season. What sort of compensation should I demand from my boss for this indignity?
  • Mama_Jones5
    Mama_Jones5 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Letting you have off the Monday after Super Bowl Sunday.

Speaking of, why do they play the super bowl so late on a Sunday night?
  • nossmf
    Options
    I don't understand your question. The Super Bowl starts at 3:30pm in California. I suggest flying to the west coast so you can experience an afternoon game, then fly back home that same night. (I'm debating trying to convince my wife we should experience next year's Super Bowl at 12:30pm in Hawaii. Not sure if she'd agree to that or not.)

As part of entry-level management, some of the problems I've had to address at work stem from somebody not paying attention and missing something important. How can I get them to do their job correctly, so I can have more time to do my job instead of fixing theirs?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,440 Member
    Options
    Your mistake is in fixing theirs. Remind them of this old saying: “If you don’t have time to do it right the first time, how will you ever have time to do it over?”
    Then, tell them this corollary: "If you can't do it right the first time, maybe you shouldn't be doing it."
    ... and mention, in which case, perhaps you will find someone else who can.

Is there a secret to keeping a house clean and organized? (asking for a friend)
  • beyond_the_cities
    Options
    tell your friend to just watch an episode (or how ever many it takes) of hoarders and then they should immediately feel better about the state of their house.

my closet is too full and I need to downsize. How should I go about getting rid of some of my clothes?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Step one: Throw on as many layers of clothes you want to get rid of as possible, one atop another. Have the bottom layer be clothes you actually want to keep.
    Step two: Go to amateur night at the local strip club.
    Step three: Dance to the music, removing the unwanted clothes and throwing them into the crowd, never to return. When you get to the last layer (the ones you want to keep), stop dancing, pick up the crowd's appreciative money thrown onto the stage, and take those tips to go shopping for clothes you actually do want.

My son has been working on his car, systematically replacing old parts with new for a fraction of the price it would've cost to get done by a mechanic. Why do dealerships charge such huge amounts for the same work?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,559 Member
    Options
    Because they need to be bribed with coffee and chocolate every two hours. In Canada we call these coffee breaks and our half hour chocolate breaks…not sure if it’s the same where you live?

I have four and a half working days left at my current job with 48 sick days owed (that won’t get paid out). If you were in my shoes what should you do?
  • cmsienk
    edited September 2022
    Options
    You are definitely looking a little pale to me...

Seriously though (well, okay, not seriously - this is the Wrong Answers Only! thread)... I would gift those 48 days to your favourite co-worker you're leaving behind. They'll feel an incredible sense of indebtedness to you and will probably buy you lattes for a year.

How do you break up with a really nice but incredibly unorganized client?
  • Mtn_hikin
    Mtn_hikin Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Dump hot coffee on them.

What’s the best way to clean duct tape residue off your forehead?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    This is me not asking you why this particular question…with great difficulty. Lol

Nail polish remover and a Brillo pad

It’s been a long day and I need some laughs. Aside from being goofy with all my MFP props, what should I do to lighten my mood?
  • Mtn_hikin
    Mtn_hikin Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Don’t ask me, I have no right answers
    Do they still make brillo pads?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    well they certainly do in Australia - except the brand I have seen here is called Steelo

I think perhaps Australians have cornered the world supply - being constant appliers of duct tape to their foreheads.
    I mean why give your employees name badges when they can just use duct tape and write their name and stick to their forehead?
    and then there are those who want a night out and not to be traced later - what better way than duct taping a false name to your forehead?

what do I do if my night out fling has seen my credit card and knows my real name is not Valentina Romance-ina?

asking for a friend ;)
  • nossmf
    Options
    Wait...I thought your name was @paperpudding...I'm so confused now...

Anyway, what are you doing with credit cards still? It's the 21st century, get with the times! All the best sci-fi movies predicted that you actually pay bills in the future by swiping your forearm across a scanner, which automatically debits your bank account. Why haven't you had the surgical upgrade yet? Once you do, get back with us for further instructions.

It's my mother's birthday today, but she lives 750 miles (1207 km) away so throwing a party is impractical. Besides a phone call, what other way(s) can we celebrate her special day?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    You need to give us more notice of mom’s birthday next time!! So for next year you’ll want to make her feel part of your day since you can’t be with her in person. The best way to do that is by having a 24 hour video call with her. The trick is to make it so that she appreciates not actually being together so she doesn’t feel like she’s missing out. You can start the call while doing your morning business (most people check the news or MFP but your mom’ll appreciate being the centre of your attention instead), next up breakfast…don’t forget to drink the milk straight from the carton!! She’ll love that! Don’t forget to make her least favourite meal for dinner and when you let the dog blow out the birthday candles on her cake for her, make sure it’s the drooly dog. She’ll be so grateful to have not actually spent the day with you that you’ll become the favourite child.

Speaking of birthday cake, what was the last wish you made when blowing out your candles?