Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Wrong answers ONLY!

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,356 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I wished for more work travel this year - especially to Las Vegas. Who knew how strong those birthday candle wishes could be?

How do you deal with a chatty seat mate on a long flight without being rude?
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 30,269 Member
    Options
    Something about never having dementia... or was it dentures? 🤔 Maybe demon possession? 😈 I can't seem to remember. Could be my false teeth pressing on a nerve. Or maybe the horns sprouting at my temples?

Why do I keep putting my phone down in places where it will be hard for me to locate it later?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Either your dementia or your demon possession is working against you. I don't think your dentures care about your phone.

What's for breakfast?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,452 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Seven pints of ice cream. That might seem like a lot, but it's not even one gallon! Ice cream provides protein (the stuff that bodies crave) and contains beneficial fat that has been shown scientifically to fuel your body's body fat burning metabolism. Plus, eating ice cream for breakfast is low cal, because your body isn't yet awake enough to absorb all the carbs. (opening my first pint now...)

What's the proper etiquette when eating seven pints of ice cream, all different flavors/flavours? Should one eat each one to completion before starting the next, or can one sample back and forth between them all, spoonful by delicious spoonful?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,562 Member
    Options
    I heard you were to put them all together in a blender with one piece of spinach, so it seems like having them all together is correct.

I need a new hobby. Any suggestions of ones that I might enjoy?

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,787 Member
    Options
    I think you should author a new cookbook, full of alternative recipes such as the one listed above. Now we just need to come up with a name for it...

What should be the name of @cat0703a's new alternative-recipe cookbook?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    101 Ways to Ruin Your Appetite! 😂
    It would include recipes that featured mustard, pickles and peas as additions to otherwise delicious foods, like cookies, cakes, ice creams, chips and salsa, nachos, cheeseburgers...

There is a rogue mosquito who is an unwelcome house guest of mine. It is fast and elusive and has been dining on me for days, and I have the itchy lumps to prove it. What should I do?
  • cmsienk
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Time for a party! Invite several of your friends enemies over and treat your resident mosquito to this new smorgasbord. We all get tired of eating the same thing over and over, right? I'm pretty sure he'll realize he's gotten tired of your once tasty-to-him blood and move on with one of your guests when they head home.

I'm going to a birthday party this weekend. What's a good birthday gift for a 6 year old girl?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Mosquito repellant, or a life size G.I. Joe doll. But perhaps someone else should make a suggestion as well, to give you more options. I mean, besides these two excellent ones.
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 30,269 Member
    Options
    Since Frank didn't ask another question I'll chime in on the little girl birthday question...

Little girls love kittens, so give her a pregnant momma cat. She will love the cat, and then love the surprise arrival of a dozen or so kittens in a few weeks. The only caveat is you will probably not be invited back for any more birthdays for the next ten years or so.

My poodle mix doggie needs grooming every few weeks, and it is a bit expensive. What's a good alternative to using a professional pet groomer?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,562 Member
    Options
    Bringing the poodle to a 6 year old girl’s birthday party. 6 year old girls have experience cutting hair and your doggie will probably come home with polished nails and cute bows too. Good thing you know someone going to a party tomorrow!

Who is the most famous person you’ve met?

• nossmf
    Options
    I don't know about famous, but my daughter is convinced the world revolves around her, which must make her the most important person in the world. That's even better than being famous, right?

"Avatar" is back in theaters again to drum up excitement for the upcoming release of the sequel. Which movie from the past do you wish would be shown in movie theaters again?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus. You'd better reserve your tickets in advance. This one will sell out on re-release opening day for sure.

I splurge on an overpriced latte most days when I'm working out of town. What's something you treat yourself to that you could probably do without?

• nossmf
    Options
    Hot showers. Cold rivers and lakes were good enough for humans for thousands of years, I figure cold showers should be good enough for me as well. Plus think of all the money saved by not heating the water first!

If I'm going to get rid of my hot water heater, why stop there? What other appliance do I not need going forward?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Although not an appliance, I really think we could do without doors. Think how much easier it would be to bring in the groceries.

Next suggestion?
  • nossmf
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Waking this morning to a blaring alarm clock beeping way too bloody early, I'm a firm believer that our modern day should start based upon sunlight coming in our windows. It was good enough for cavemen. Work will still be there no matter what time I arrive, after all.

My favorite team won our football game yesterday, which should be a cause for celebration. But some people at work today were poking fun at my team, saying it was an "ugly win." I'm confused...what's the difference between an "ugly" win and a "win" win?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Obviously, your team needs a makeover. That's what your co-workers are trying to tell you. The win would've been much more attractive if your team was not quite so ugly.

Thank you to those of you who helped me with birthday gift suggestions for a 6 year old girl (she actually turned 5 - I got it wrong). She really like the mama cat and I've guaranteed I won't be invited to that party next year. 😁 Anyway... now I need gift suggestions for a one year old. I don't think I can find another pregnant cat.
  • nossmf
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Children who are one year old are starting to move around their world by themselves, having just learned how to walk. Now's the time to guide them on their fitness journey, when they are young and impressionable. I suggest paying their entrance fee for an upcoming foot race. No, not a marathon, that would be ridiculous...let's start with a 5km run/walk instead. The "Couch to 5k" program is designed for 9 weeks, so look for a race scheduled for the Christmas timeframe...it's a good goal to work towards, and won't the little one's eyes light up so huge when racing through all the beautiful decorations!

My oldest son's girlfriend just confirmed she's expecting, with a due date of early summer. (True story!) Changing my name to "Grandpa" is so cliché. What name should we encourage the little one to call my wife and I by?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    I don't know. Off the top of my head I'd say "shirley and bub", but I don't know why. There must be some better (i.e. worse) names than those though. Perhaps someone else can help.
  • cmsienk
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I like Goomba and Oompaloompa. Both unisex names - you decide which you'd rather be. (And congratulations, Pop-Pop!)

I'm hungry, but don't feel like cooking dinner. Do any of you have a better suggestion than sandwich, eggs or cereal?