Options

Replies

• Tesha231
    Tesha231 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    58 y.o. female 5' 7"
    HW: 186 UGW: 150
    R119 - Lost 2.9# - 172.6
    R120 GOAL: 169.9 Need to dip my toe into the 160's!
    IF: 16:8

07/16: 173.2
    07/17: 174.4 If my goal was to gradually gain everyday, I'd be on target. Not being able to track food/exercise due to visitation and funeral the last couple days makes the difference. Back to normal today, if normal is even a thing anymore.
    07/18: 173.6 Heading back to the gym after a week off. Glad I kept walking outside, but expect a slight increase in water retention for swole tomorrow if I Iift late in the day. Still right for the long run--no pun intended!
    07/19: 172.8 Good sore today. Donating blood at noon. Sleevin' Up!
    07/20: 170.8 It's true--"a pint IS a pound the world around!" Ate extra of things I normally wouldn't to build back my blood. (Within my MFP calorie limit of course) Really enjoyed a serving of red-skinned potatoes topped with steamed broccoli and an extra serving of the hub's chicken from the smoker. Walked prior to donation and only a short walk in the evening. @quiltingjaine wish I could share some iron with you, turns out mine is above average. Interestingly enough, I do take 400mg of magnesium a few times a week.
    07/21:
    07/22:
    07/23:
    07/24:
    07/25:
  • Tesha231
    Tesha231 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    @quiltingjaine - Loved your progression pics. You look so strong and healthy!
    @fmfdfa2020 - You inspired me. I am going to try and work up to 10 push ups.
    @cpanus - how's your ankle coming along? I don't know if it will help but my 81 y.o. mother gets vertigo so instead of standing, she exercises in her bed and in her chair and really keeps strong. Googled for tips and techniques!
    Welcome @farmspiders Please share how you picked your "handle"! I grew up on the farm and saw my share of spiders, so I am super curious!!
    @Calimackey You can certainly gain water weight by exercising, especially if you exert to the point your muscles are sore. Good job! Don't sacrifice the progress you are feeling by agonizing the a few ounces on the scale--you are setting yourself up for a "whoosh"! Gosh, I love those!
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,815 Member
    Options
    @musicsax , @UTMom81 , and @Tesha231 Thank you! I hesitated to post the picture but decided to because I have found what works for me. Yes, I react poorly to carbs so I avoid them most of the time and that has led to better labs and feeling great which I honestly don’t remember EVER before. Now if this COVID would end!

If what you’re doing isn’t working, try something different!

@Tesha231 I know the anemia is temporary due to the blood donation but if I had known it takes 2-3 MONTHS instead of WEEKS to “bounce back” at this age I would have eaten more red meat to go for a more enjoyable way of getting iron! I would be quite happy to live on burgers (no bun) and steaks!! 😁