Girls do you like a nice guy? You just friendzoned him

Options

Replies

• springbreakmission
    Options
    Sometimes I wish I was "Nice Guys"... :indifferent: Oh Look! Bacon!!!:happy:

What were you saying again?:devil: :wink:

Haha when my sentences stop making sense it must be past my bedtime. In for the bacon even if OP is gone
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I miss Billy... He seemed like such a Nice Guy...

:frown:
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Self-confessed "nice guys" who wine about women not liking them because they're just "SO NICE" and "women just like jerks" always have underlying personality issues that makes them repellant to women in the first place.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I miss Billy... He seemed like such a Nice Guy...

:frown:

:laugh:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    BillyMays0 has deactivated their account.

:huh:

because he got friendzoned by all his girl mfp friends!!! HA

WHAT.A.LOSER.

thats like the hardest thing to ever do.
    :laugh:

I wonder if she saw the thread.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    This thread and topic is done to death, but my opinion is that the myth about 'nice guys' being 'friend zoned' totally misses the point.

Genuine nice guys don't refer to themselves as 'Nice guys' in the same way that really funny people never have to tell you they're funny.

My own belief is that a lot of guys that are maybe not particularly forthright or not that great at putting themselves 'out there' do get overlooked, but a lot of the time it's because a woman may have no idea he's interested.

The dating world works very differently for different people, and in my experience, very differently between men and women.

The bottom line is.....if he calls himself a 'nice guy' there are underlying issues that have caused him to consider this far too much. In the same way that if I see someone that say 'I'm funny.....or at least people tell me I am' they automatically put themselves in the category of idiot.

It's a fine set of lines between confidence, arrogance and having absolutely no self awareness whatsoever.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Too many people who call themselves "nice guys" use that as an excuse to justify why they aren't forward or up front about what they want. I am a "nice guy." And I used to be friend zoned by every girl I was interested in. The only thing it took to fix that was to be forward and up front with them about my intentions, and have enough sense of self worth to walk away when the stress just wasn't worth it anymore. By changing just those two things--NOTHING ELSE--I stopped getting friend zoned.

^^^^^ this

because "friendzone" is a really childish concept which implies that women are doing something bad by having male friends who are just friends and not falling into their arms because they are "nice"............. if you want to be more than friends, then make a move. Most women don't know if a man finds them attractive or wants to be more than friends, and won't know unless you tell her. If I'm friends with a man i assume that he just wants friendship and isn't attracted to me. There's no point where a woman thinks "I'm going to put him in the friendzone".... and this advice applies to women as well, if they have a male friend that they want to be more than friends with. Let them know how you feel. If the feelings are mutual then take it from there. If the feelings are not mutual, then just accept it because people are not attracted to every single person of the opposite gender (or the same gender if they're gay I expect gay people have this issue as well, i.e. attracted to a friend and wanting to be more than friends), it doesn't mean they chose to put you in a "friendzone". It just means they're not attracted to you. Stay friends, but look for someone else for a more serious relationship. Don't get butthurt. That's just life.
  • vuco1990
    vuco1990 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    "Nice guy" = entitled man with poor social skills who believes that women owe him sex (or a relationship if he's the type who insists that it's not about sex) if he displays the bare minimum of being (or pretending to be) a decent human being.

Hahah this is the best post. It does not make you "nice" if you are gonna b*i*t*c*h about how that girl is not gonna have sex with you and hurr durr she wants a jerk. You could say that I am a "nice guy", but the thing is if I like a girl I am gonna be direct and just say to her and not trying to be a "friend" in hope she is gonna sleep with me one day. I think that is pathetic and no wonder girls friend zone guys like this. You do not have to be a "jerk" for girls to like you.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    "Nice guy" = entitled man with poor social skills who believes that women owe him sex (or a relationship if he's the type who insists that it's not about sex) if he displays the bare minimum of being (or pretending to be) a decent human being.

THIS.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I think this comic sums it up quite nicely (and hilariously):

"THE FRIENDZONER vs THE NICE GUY"

https://imgur.com/a/RmAjE
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options

Love it!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

YES!! I love this!
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    so many stereotypes lol and everything i'm about to say have counterpoints lol. I don't actually believe in the friendzone as i've seen this myth busted many times. I actually ask girls their opinions on these things as it interests me. Most always say that nice guys are boring and I see it in this thread too. They say they like the excitement of one of those stereotypical bad boy types. From what a lot of said to me is that its mostly compatibility. Of course they want guys who are nice but nice as in treating them with respect, and not nice as in being nice to gain some kinda advantage, cause thats shady and they can see it a mile away. Confidence is huge and being a "nice guy" to try to lay someone is not actually all that nice. Being straight up, forward, and honest is always the best way to be. If you're rejected then you're rejected. Plenty of bad guys get rejected as well. It happens
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

YES!! I love this!

oh my goodness... I think i just relived high school...
  • vuco1990
    Options
    The thing is I do not believe in male-female friendships. There are really no girls which I like as friend company. Sure, I can go out with some girls I know on friday night with my other company, but they are not my friends. In past I tried to be friends with some girls, but it always turned out that I started to like her in physical way or she started to like me so I just stopped that s*h*i*t all together at once. Other thing is that there is no "guy talk" with girls and things that interests most girls are boring to me so why bother to pretend that I am interested? I am not saying that there are no boring guys, but we can find a lot more thing in common.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    The thing is I do not believe in male-female friendships. There are really no girls which I like as friend company. Sure, I can go out with some girls I know on friday night with my other company, but they are not my friends. In past I tried to be friends with some girls, but it always turned out that I started to like her in physical way or she started to like me so I just stopped that s*h*i*t all together at once. Other thing is that there is no "guy talk" with girls and things that interests most girls are boring to me so why bother to pretend that I am interested? I am not saying that there are no boring guys, but we can find a lot more thing in common.

You might be meeting the wrong kind of women. :laugh: I have many more male friends than female friends. Sure, some have tried to date me, and I told them no. Of that portion, some stayed friends, and some were only interested in teh vag. As it is, I'm more open, blunt, and "guy-like" than some of the men that I know. That's actually a large part of why I have so few female friends, but the female friends I do have are just as aggressive, perverted, and blunt as I am, so it's fun.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have some wonderful friendships with men and we have a lot in common.

I got very close to a guy I used to work with and he would come to my house and we'd watch Monty Python together. We had our job in common, we both liked to read, we enjoyed similar entertainment. I had that with a lot of guys.

And I know some cynical people are going to say they just wanted to get into my pants or something, but we knew each other single and we knew each other in relationships and there was just never anything but friendship there. I am friends with their SOs, in fact. Some are married, some just dating still.

We had fun together and enjoyed each other's platonic company. I've known most of them for many years, some going back to elementary school.
  • vuco1990
    Options
    I have some wonderful friendships with men and we have a lot in common.

I got very close to a guy I used to work with and he would come to my house and we'd watch Monty Python together. We had our job in common, we both liked to read, we enjoyed similar entertainment. I had that with a lot of guys.

And I know some cynical people are going to say they just wanted to get into my pants or something, but we knew each other single and we knew each other in relationships and there was just never anything but friendship there. I am friends with their SOs, in fact. Some are married, some just dating still.

We had fun together and enjoyed each other's platonic company. I've known most of them for many years, some going back to elementary school.
    Thing is that I can only see girls as a friend that are not appealing to me in physical way, but than what it happens she makes a move on me. Sure, she can be interesting as a person, but if I do not feel sexual attraction that would be just me forcing myself in something I really do not want. I have to put her in "friendzone" and that just makes me feel bad, because she can be a really good friend, but I am not interested in that kind of way. When that did happened a couple of times I just said no to all this ever again.
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options

You get a gold star for typing the most sexist thing I've read today. There are plenty of interesting girls, just as many as there are interesting guys. If you can't hold interesting conversations with any females, there's something wrong with your socialization skills. I hate the gender binary in our society, just because two people are of the right sexual orientation to be attracted to each other, it doesn't mean they will be. I'm an engineering student, and because of that 75% of the people I hang out with regularly are guys. We have the best conversations, because we have shared interests and are fun people. Only one has ever asked me out (I'm far from ugly, and my guy friends actually value our friendship.)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Thing is that I can only see girls as a friend that are not appealing to me in physical way, but than what it happens she makes a move on me. Sure, she can be interesting as a person, but if I do not feel sexual attraction that would be just me forcing myself in something I really do not want. I have to put her in "friendzone" and that just makes me feel bad, because she can be a really good friend, but I am not interested in that kind of way. When that did happened a couple of times I just said no to all this ever again.

Every woman you know has thrown herself at you, huh?