Girls do you like a nice guy? You just friendzoned him

Options

Replies

• Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I hardly had this problem because I married my high school sweetheart, but I know the reason it happens is the why can't guys I date be more like you comment. It twists guys up. It sucks they aren't attracted by their love interest and than get compared to every ex boyfriend after every break up. Now to be fair girls get friend zoned just as much. Most guys have had atleast one female friend that you just wouldn't date for multiple reasons. You loved her tons but could not see yourself spending 24/7 with. Even uncool fools like me have friendzoned a female friend or two. Heck most men whining about being friend zoned have done it as well. It is just a fact of life. Some people you love, and some people reinvent what you thought love could be. Sadly sometimes you can not guarantee which the other person feels and they don't always match up
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I would also like to bring up a point most guys who I watched who are friendzoned don't whine about it. What does happen when they profess their love, which ends badly the female or male that isn't interested gets weirded out and pushes away from the friendship. My cousin did that to her friendzoned guy friend which is funny because her sister married his cousin so they grew apart yet remained in contact. After each failed at their first marriage they both reconnected. And married which kinda surprised us. The friendzoned guy who she would never date is now her husband. Of course friendzone happens to say it doesn't makes no sense. That video I watched above was snobbish. It made it seem every guy who felt the heartache of friendzoned was a geek pining over a cheerleader. The more common issue is that not everybody is going to be attracted to everybody. And for some people they alway seem to fall for the ones that don't.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My husband was a "nice & cute" guy, I almost friend zoned him, until I decided to give him a chance and ta da!! Married lol
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Depends! As long as he is a nice girl with some balls! Then I wont friend zone! I have a ffriend who is always trying to see if can be anything more at the same time he will tell me how he cried over his dog dying and a gil leaving him!
  • sjanejack
    sjanejack Posts: 158
    Options
    I get what the friendzone thing is. But when you're a girl and your only real friend IS a guy, and that guy likes you, and you don't want to ruin the friendship or for it to get awkward. Then you do what you have to. I'm not saying its fun letting people down, but you can't just let them think they have a better chance than they do. Especially when you don't want more than a friend.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Okay .. my answer in short, if a female feels energy
    between herself and a guy, she reserves him for +more ...
    all that she has no spark for, she 'friend zones'. Simply
    put, sorry. It's a primal thing I'm sure.

^^^ this, and it's nothing primal.... more like blatantly obvious.

most women know quite a few men, not just one. those men will fall into three categories: acquaintences, friends, potential love interests (should the chance arise). Most men she knows will fall into the second category, because they are nice, likeable human beings, who she isn't sexually attracted to. Even many that are in the potential love interests category will be just friends, maybe because they're already taken, or not interested in her. Sometimes, there's mutual attraction with someone in the "potential love interests" category, and they're both single, so it develops into a relationship. All the rest of the guys end up being "just friends". Other times, she's not interested in a relationship with anyone, so all the guys are "just friends". Really, she's not going to bang every guy she's friends with just because he's a guy and relatively nice.

Just a friend = "you're a nice person but I'm not sexually attracted to you" in most cases. It's not that she only likes jerks or that she's turned off by men being nice. That's just something guys tell themselves when a woman isn't sexually attracted to them. Most women prefer to be in a relationship with someone that is a) nice AND b) they find them sexually attractive.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Depends! As long as he is a nice girl with some balls! Then I wont friend zone! I have a ffriend who is always trying to see if can be anything more at the same time he will tell me how he cried over his dog dying and a gil leaving him!

My husband and I would both cry if our 4 legged child died -_-
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where I fall on this issue. What I do know is that even though this is a chat forum and no one really cares, you should still use proper grammer. I mean seriously, if you're going to claim to have all of the girls on MFP confess their love to you, don't do it in one giant run on sentence.

Maybe I'm just not that sensitive. Sorry.

You should learn how to spell before giving advice to others.
  • rebeccalee1986
    Options
    Nice guys are generally boring just my opinion.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options

But but I have an excellent stamp collection
  • rebeccalee1986
    Options

Haha not that kind of boring, too nice is a yawn fest, too mean is obviously not where it's at either. You can't be dating someone who can't even stand up for themselves. Too nice is a walk over... Seen it too many times.
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You have to not be too nice and too friend like. You want them to be sexually attracted to you and not see you as an adorable puppy. There has to be some type of animal attraction there. You cant be thought of as like a brother. They already have friends and are looking for a balance and not just another friend. Also trying too hard, too agreeable, and being too easy is a turn off to many women.

Be confident, assertive, funny, fun, a little dangerous, not always playing it safe, not boring, outgoing, not a pushover, spontaneous, and don't ever be scared to go for it. The end of the day, the guy who goes after what he wants gets the woman. If you are getting the "awwwwe, you are the sweetest, adorable, and cutest nicest guy ever", be careful because you are about to get friend zoned.

By the way, not saying you are any of these things or generalizing men or women.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options

Haha not that kind of boring, too nice is a yawn fest, too mean is obviously not where it's at either. You can't be dating someone who can't even stand up for themselves. Too nice is a walk over... Seen it too many times.

Yeah doormats get boring after a while
  • rebeccalee1986
    Options

Yeah doormats get boring after a while

Haha see, you just got to be not too nice but not nasty.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    OP deactivated. Thank goodness
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Friendzone isn't a bad place to be...you don't have to pay for *kitten* that way..
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

I have a pretty epic retro video game collection, other then that I'm pretty boring though...
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    "Nice guy" = entitled man with poor social skills who believes that women owe him sex (or a relationship if he's the type who insists that it's not about sex) if he displays the bare minimum of being (or pretending to be) a decent human being.

DING DING DING, we have a winner!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    not me, i like the bad *kitten* ones
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    have a crush on a girl too that pass my standards and my dream girl,, and now he is my girlfriend now,, but even we are in

Quite sure you mean she (not he) is my girlfriend now.

However, in your broken English - I quite understand and commend you for speaking out. This proves that even guys have the same troubles as females when they are somewhat attractive. They get unwanted advances too (the morally good guys) and try to be nice but where does nice stop and you just tell someone leave me alone.

Thanks for posting.