Options

Replies

• TheSeventiesGuy
    Options
    Everyone has good points :)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Nice guys don't get friend zoned. It's the guys that I don't feel a spark for. Though if I'm honest, I do tend to date guys on the not-so-nice end of the spectrum. Must work on what attracts me. I should be over the bad boys by now.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Everyone has good points :)

Strong first post.

th?id=H.4607062375531172&pid=15.1
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    "Nice guy" = entitled man with poor social skills who believes that women owe him sex (or a relationship if he's the type who insists that it's not about sex) if he displays the bare minimum of being (or pretending to be) a decent human being.

So true.. I amazes me how men expect women to go for them based on their own perceived opinion of their senses of humor and such. At least us ladies know we have to actually have something going for us. "So your broke, fat, bald, an alcoholic, and you live with you mom,... and should date you because you worship me??"... This isn't a Kevin James movie.

I'm married now, but that was the conclusion I finally came to when I decided I deserved someone who had something to offer, other than just really liking me.
  • ashleyblossom1
    ashleyblossom1 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Honestly it differs from woman to woman. Actually from person to person. Every person values something specific. Some people value looks, some value money, etc.

Personally, I value intelligence. There is nothing more attractive than a person's intelligence. As a future neurological surgeon, I need a guy who's intellect can try to keep up with mine. I prefer a guy who is honest, sweet, caring, humorous. So pretty much a nice guy. But not every person values that. So you can't really ask a question like that cause its too vague. Its like asking if guys like nice girls or sluts? Every guy would answer differently.

In my world nice guys finish first and jerks get friend zoned.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    IMO men who have to point out that they are nice guys usually don't seem that nice. A truly nice guy will not have to blow his own trumpet, he just let's his personality show without thinking about it.
    Maybe he's just mad because his @$$hole friends are constantly getting other to blow their trumpets for them.
    Most women are not attracted to peacock type men. Look at me, look at me! Ah you looked (tail comes up) I just got even better!
    Only attractive in actual peacocks.
    #ISeeWhatYouDidThere
    Here are some "boobies" to go with your "peacock".
    4qU5v.jpg
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    "Nice guy" = entitled man with poor social skills who believes that women owe him sex (or a relationship if he's the type who insists that it's not about sex) if he displays the bare minimum of being (or pretending to be) a decent human being.

this, and the fact that "friends with a guy = you friendzoned him" assumes that every man is looking to have sex with every woman, which isn't the case at all. If I'm friends with a guy I generally assume that isn't interested in having sex with every woman that comes along, and that it's just friendship. Most people I know have quite a few friends of the opposite sex, they're obviously not going to be interested in having sex with all of them. If a guy really likes a female friend and wants more than just friendship then he should let her know, rather than whining about being "friendzoned" or expecting that she should fall in love with him instantly just because he's "nice", and if the feelings are not mutual, then he needs to understand that people are not generally attracted to every person of the opposite gender, and move on. It's disappointing but that situation happens to women as well!! But whining about being "friendzoned" when he hasn't even let her know how he feels is just even more pointless. IMO some men use this as an excuse to feel sorry for themselves rather than working up the courage to actually tell her how he feels..... yep rejection is a possibility, welcome to the human race....
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat nice and I don't feel entitled.
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    I've been married to a 'nice guy' for almost 14 years.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    "Nice guys" are as sholes.
    No sex.
    No friends.

Get over yourself, grow a pair and learn that women aren't here to satisfy your stupid fantasies.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I've been together with one of the nice guys for over 20 years. I don't associate with asshats.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    The problem with "girls" and "guys" is that they aren't men & women.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    In what language is this thread? I'm confused.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    "Nice guys" are as sholes.
    No sex.
    No friends.

Get over yourself, grow a pair and learn that women aren't here to satisfy your stupid fantasies.

Um, yes they are.
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Honestly it differs from woman to woman. Actually from person to person. Every person values something specific. Some people value looks, some value money, etc.

Personally, I value intelligence. There is nothing more attractive than a person's intelligence. As a future neurological surgeon, I need a guy who's intellect can try to keep up with mine. I prefer a guy who is honest, sweet, caring, humorous. So pretty much a nice guy. But not every person values that. So you can't really ask a question like that cause its too vague. Its like asking if guys like nice girls or sluts? Every guy would answer differently.

In my world nice guys finish first and jerks get friend zoned.

I agree with you on this..

But for those intend to fake on being sweet & nice/honest/caring to get friendly, slowly proceed in creeping into lady's mind, might as well dont bother to play mind games at 1st place...

Well..Where's all the excitement and adrenaline rush..if all done straight-forward manner?
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    A truly nice guy will not have to blow his own trumpet, he just let's his personality show without thinking about it. Then girls will fall in love with him and want to bring out his wicked side (in a good way LOL).

This is the perfect description of the man in my life. He is adorable. Honest, trustworthy, kind, thoughtful, affectionate, funny and many many more good things. We really got to know one another and waited what seemed like an eternity before getting to know one another even better (if you get my drift) and OMG - amazing!! Totally unexpected but fabulous to get both ends of the spectrum right at last :smile:

Nice guys do finish last - and I hope he is the last one for me.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    the friendzone does not exist

its a made up thing by guys who think they are nice but really are just entitled brats who think women owe them something because they are "oh so nice and not like the other guys"

also most are typical MRA's so that says a lot
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Why is this thread so confusing? Are you guys? What? Okay, yeah, I don't get this. **Slowly backing out.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Lol. Jenna Marbles always says it best. :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Since I'm happily married, every man that I like is auto-friendzoned. It's either friend-zone or nothing!