Girls do you like a nice guy? You just friendzoned him

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I :heart: these threads.

They're magnets for stereotypes, bitterness, *kitten* hats, and anti-social personalities.

So . . . In.

IKR? So many hateful women in here.

I still hold that finding a great woman is harder than finding a great man.

I don't know about how common either good men or good women are, but I know I got lucky.

I think you both did. Trust me when I say, as a single man, that good women are scarce and most are already married.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

They're magnets for stereotypes, bitterness, *kitten* hats, and anti-social personalities.

So . . . In.

You're just biased because you are a man. Maybe I'm just overly optimistic but I think there are a lot of "good" or "great" people in the world. Sure everyone has flaws but lot of people are "good". I think finding a person with which you have good chemistry is harder than just finding someone who has good qualities.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

So . . . In.

I don't know about how common either good men or good women are, but I know I got lucky.

I think you both did. Trust me when I say, as a single man, that good women are scarce and most are already married.
    I'm a dam good woman and when I was single men were not exactly beating down my door. Heck, I'm 37 and not married yet!

Just sayin'.

They're out there. You're just too busy looking at the Barbie dolls. :flowerforyou:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    This thread is weird.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I'm a nice guy, I always get friend zoned because they honestly couldn't handle sleeping with me, I would ruin them for other men...
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

So . . . In.

I'm a dam good woman and when I was single men were not exactly beating down my door. Heck, I'm 37 and not married yet!

Just sayin'.

They're out there. You're just too busy looking at the Barbie dolls. :flowerforyou:

My current interest is a Barbie doll, but my past ones haven't been.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Generally, I find that the quality of people you have around you is a reflection of the quality of person you are. Good people tend to attract good people. Jerks tend to attract jerks. If you want to find a good person, be a good person.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Generally, I find that the quality of people you have around you is a reflection of the quality of person you are. Good people tend to attract good people. Jerks tend to attract jerks. If you want to find a good person, be a good person.
    I agree completely, not necessarily as who you hang out with as THE determining factor, but it's very true....like attracts like, so if you're a jerk, don't be surprised what you end up with \m/
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I agree completely, not necessarily as who you hang out with as THE determining factor, but it's very true....like attracts like, so if you're a jerk, don't be surprised what you end up with \m/

So if I don't attract anyone, do I have to start questioning my own existence again!? That led to some pretty heavy stuff last time!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I like my guy. He'll hold the door open for me, but also slap my *kitten* as I walk through it.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am attracted to nice people...If you are a jerk, man or woman I want nothing to do with you I don't care how "good looking" you are!!!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I like my guy. He'll hold the door open for me, but also slap my *kitten* as I walk through it.

tumblr_lhet6xFxTq1qcsppc.gif
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

tumblr_lhet6xFxTq1qcsppc.gif

200.gif
  • poultryofperil
    Options
    The friendzone is a myth. Just stop.
  • jemsign
    jemsign Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BOOM!
  • Samby_v1
    Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    The friendzone is a myth. Just stop.

Yep, she's either attracted to you or she isn't. Hanging around, hoping this will change over time is a false investment.
  • poultryofperil
    Options
    "Nice guy" = entitled man with poor social skills who believes that women owe him sex (or a relationship if he's the type who insists that it's not about sex) if he displays the bare minimum of being (or pretending to be) a decent human being.
    Not quite. I've been the nice guy more times than I'd like to admit and I have a few friends who are still the nice guy. Nice guys don't always have poor social skills or expect anyone to have sex with them just for being nice. Basically, they just lack confidence when it comes to women.

Women like guys with confidence, and they need to feel like they're pretty and desirable. Nice guys get put into the friendzone because they don't have the balls to make a move and they fear rejection, so they just act overly nice towards the girls they like in hopes that they'll make the move instead. Women write this off as a turnoff or a lack of interest and that's where the friendzone comes in. And then the nice guy gets confused when the girl falls for the guy with confidence even though he treats her like crap.

The lack of confidence isn't the real reason women hate the "nice guy" bull****, because we completely understand the lack of confidence and fear of rejection involved with making the first move (especially since, particularly in our media, schlubby dudes aggressively going after hot girls are glorified and she's supposed to give him a chance, but a girl that you think is less attractive than you expressing that makes her pathetic in the same media). It's the fact that a lot of "nice guys" get super pissed and ****ty and passive-aggressive when the girl--that assumes that him being nice and acting like a friend means he desires to be FRIENDS with her--doesn't fall into his arms. It's a real let-down when all of a sudden the guy that you felt a great friend-connection with blows up and talks about how you're stupid and/or a *kitten* because you end up dating someone else other than him. Just sayin'.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options

So . . . In.

Just sayin'.

Soon.
    hi-we-understand-you-are-not-married.jpg
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    That's right, I have to either have sex with a guy or never look at him. Anything in between is friend zoned. That's how life works.
  • poultryofperil
    Options
    i have to be sexually attracted to every guy who's nice to me and shows interest? GTFO. :angry:

Of course not. The friendzone is not just a matter of "Oh, I'm not interested, sorry." It's more a matter of "I'm not interested but I'm going to let you continue to dote upon me while you labor under the delusion that if you just make the right kind gesture it would spark my interest after all."

What a lot of dudes seem to think constitutes as "doting on" is often actually...how friends tend to behave? It's a bit confusing. And besides that, when a dude is giving you unwanted attention (and believe me, while there are some girls that revel in that ****, for every one of those there are at least twice as many girls that don't like it) and you just want to be friends with him, people tend to encourage you to "give him a chance." **** that. I wasn't interested in him in the first place, and no amount of **** he does for me that I don't ask for is going to change that. And the idea that you think doing nice things for people as labor, with the implication that the girl in this situation is the reward at the end, is very telling.