Girls do you like a nice guy? You just friendzoned him

Options

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    the friendzone does not exist

its a made up thing by guys who think they are nice but really are just entitled brats who think women owe them something because they are "oh so nice and not like the other guys"

also most are typical MRA's so that says a lot

You don't have a very high opinion of men, do you?
  • DaWayne360
    DaWayne360 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I don't want a man who caters to my every wish and demand, who is afraid of hurting my feelings, who is constantly offering to help me when I don't need help, who has no interests or hobbies of his own. Telling me I'm pretty and/or awesome multiple times a time just makes me uncomfortable. I won't even "friend-zone" a man like that. They drive me nuts.

I want a man with a personality, independence, strength of character, decision making , and problem solving skills, who has his own life.

That works until the infatuation wears off, then I'm a selfish, insensitive jerk. Can't win no matter what.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I don't want a man who caters to my every wish and demand, who is afraid of hurting my feelings, who is constantly offering to help me when I don't need help, who has no interests or hobbies of his own. Telling me I'm pretty and/or awesome multiple times a time just makes me uncomfortable. I won't even "friend-zone" a man like that. They drive me nuts.

I want a man with a personality, independence, strength of character, decision making , and problem solving skills, who has his own life.

That works until the infatuation wears off, then I'm a selfish, insensitive jerk. Can't win no matter what.

I'm okay with a little selfish and insensitive.

As long as they are good in bed. :love:
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean too... just not into him that way :grumble:
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    "Nice guy" = entitled man with poor social skills who believes that women owe him sex (or a relationship if he's the type who insists that it's not about sex) if he displays the bare minimum of being (or pretending to be) a decent human being.

YEP
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    It's time to differentiate between "nice guys" and good men.
  • ClaudiaTheNice
    Options
    "Nice guy" = entitled man with poor social skills who believes that women owe him sex (or a relationship if he's the type who insists that it's not about sex) if he displays the bare minimum of being (or pretending to be) a decent human being.

QFT
  • ClaudiaTheNice
    Options
    It's true right?

original.gif
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    the friendzone does not exist

its a made up thing by guys who think they are nice but really are just entitled brats who think women owe them something because they are "oh so nice and not like the other guys"

also most are typical MRA's so that says a lot

You don't have a very high opinion of men, do you?

patriarchal bull**** and how it taints almost every single thing in society/life ...yea I have an astonishingly low opinion of *men*

however I know and thankfully get to spend some of my time with amazing individuals who happen to be men . I have very high opinions of them because they as human beings are amazing and deserve all my respect
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i have to be sexually attracted to every guy who's nice to me and shows interest? GTFO. :angry:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Cliches are never good -- in writing or in people.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    i have to be sexually attracted to every guy who's nice to me and shows interest? GTFO. :angry:
    You're not???
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I don't even understand where this "chicks love jerks" myth comes from. Is it that American stereotype of college girls falling for the quarterback or something?

Yeah this. My husband is the nicest guy I know.

Yeah. My fiancé, his father, his brother, and my brother are all the sweetest men I have ever known and they're reaping the benefits of being legitimately nice. They certainly aren't friendzoned. My brother is the only single person in that list and he's single by choice so he can focus on school.

I'm an American and I don't understand where this whole "women want the bad guy and are super-bi*ches to nice guys" thing comes from. I'm sure it happens and that's horrible that some women will use nice guys and lead them on, but I think it's ultimately an overused excuse so "bad" guys can say "I guess I was too nice for her and she friendzoned me" without putting any blame on themselves. I know women who do this too - "he didn't want me, I'm clearly too nice" when the reality is opposite. It's not just guys.

I'm marrying a nice guy. Legitimately nice girls are not hard for legitimately nice guys to find at all (and vice versa).
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Of course not. The friendzone is not just a matter of "Oh, I'm not interested, sorry." It's more a matter of "I'm not interested but I'm going to let you continue to dote upon me while you labor under the delusion that if you just make the right kind gesture it would spark my interest after all."
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Not always true at all!
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options

Of course not. The friendzone is not just a matter of "Oh, I'm not interested, sorry." It's more a matter of "I'm not interested but I'm going to let you continue to dote upon me while you labor under the delusion that if you just make the right kind gesture it would spark my interest after all."

So, the friend zone isn't about guys you pity themselves because they're nice and just have a female as a friend. It's about manipulative women who take advantage of men? That's a different issue all together.

It's interesting to me that men and women have such different views on what the "friend zone" is.

In my experience, the term "friend zone" is used by men who feel that being a "nice guy" is enough, and that women should fall all over them. So, those men are nice simply to "get the girl." A genuinely nice person doesn't give a damn one way or the other, because they're nice. There is no motive other than "being a decent human" behind their actions.
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options

^THIS

Also............Check your privilege dear god.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options

I have another comment on this.

If a woman says "I'm not interested in a relationship, I just want to be friends" (or anything along those lines) and the man continues to pursue her anyways, what is the woman supposed to do? Please note this is different from women who don't actually tell a man she's not interested, and intentionally leads him on.

I've had men who I have informed I that I wasn't interested, and they continued to act as though I hadn't said it at all. So, it's my fault? :huh: Explain that to me.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    patriarchal bull**** and how it taints almost every single thing in society/life ...yea I have an astonishingly low opinion of *men*

however I know and thankfully get to spend some of my time with amazing individuals who happen to be men . I have very high opinions of them because they as human beings are amazing and deserve all my respect

You kinda scare me a bit.