Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

August 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    exercise.png

Tomorrow is a rest from running 😄
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    This is an ultrarunner in another group I'm in. So scary. I do what I can to limit my exposure and am thankful my job is still letting me work from home.

https://www.womensrunning.com/culture/runners-covid-19-recovery/
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,423 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    this is a cool story
    @mbaker566 - that is an awesome story! I used to ski that area when I was a kid... It is absolutely beautiful country. Also McCall has an awesome winter carnival!
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    08/01 - 10 miles
    08/04 - 5 miles

I felt really great on my run this morning all the way up until that stupid hill at the end. There are not words for how much I hate that hill. My last mile is always a minute slower than all my other miles on that route.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,761 Member
    08/01 - 10 miles
    08/04 - 5 miles

I felt really great on my run this morning all the way up until that stupid hill at the end. There are not words for how much I hate that hill. My last mile is always a minute slower than all my other miles on that route.

I know how you feel, but keep in mind, that stupid hill is doing wonders for your strength and fitness. Of course you’re going to run it slower - it’s a stupid hill - it’s just unfortunate that it’s at the end of your route. Keep up the good work!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,423 Member
    08/01 - 10 miles
    08/04 - 5 miles

I know how you feel, but keep in mind, that stupid hill is doing wonders for your strength and fitness. Of course you’re going to run it slower - it’s a stupid hill - it’s just unfortunate that it’s at the end of your route. Keep up the good work!

@Shortgirlrunning - This ^^^ and just to add on... think how great you will feel when that hill becomes easy, even at the end of a run!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,314 Member
    @mbaker566 Cool story. I had seen that this morning and started to share here, but didn't have time to do it. Glad you shared it.

Another tough workout @katharmonic !

Glad you had such a good run @kgirlhart . I don't like coming across roadkill either, esp. skunks.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,761 Member
    Today's my 61st birthday. I had planned to get up and run, spend some time relaxing, and then maybe do a hike with a friend. But, the friend had to bale on the hike and, last night, the director at the daycare where I sub asked me to work today. I told her I could come in at 10 so I could get my run in first. (I didn't tell her the reason. Not sure she would have understood the importance. I knew if I didn't run it before work, it would be really hard to get in later.)

I got up early and out the door at 6:55. Knowing I was going to be running driveway laps and I wasn't going to try for any records, I estimated it would take me around 1:20 minutes to get in the 6.1 birthday miles. I was close - 1:19:07. The temp was nice, at 66°F, but the humidity was 94%. I was actually surprised that it wasn't as hard as I expected it to be, but I was a lot slower than I was last week when I got the 10K PR on the treadmill. I did Fartleks again. That seems to help me mentally. I even got sort of lost in my thoughts and the songs a couple of times.

I also walked a mile, making today's total distance traversed 7.1 miles. This puts me just a little bit over 500 miles for the year - which is the amount I pledged to my Run The Year team, for the entire year. My total running/intentional walking mileage for 2019 was 504 miles.

exercise.png
    2ukqbclniogg.jpg
    Me after the run. The picture is fuzzy because the camera lens fogged from the humidity.

Happy happy birthday!!!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,659 Member
    @quilteryoyo Happy birthday!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,512 Member
    @quilteryoyo Happy birthday! 🎂🍾🎉
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    @quilteryoyo Happy Belated Birthday!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @quilteryoyo, Happy Birthday!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Happiest of birthdays @quilteryoyo!! You look fantastic. Great job prioritizing getting your run in and congrats on already meeting your mileage goal for the year!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Happy birthday @quilteryoyo !