• kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

Tomorrow is a rest from running 😄
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    This is an ultrarunner in another group I'm in. So scary. I do what I can to limit my exposure and am thankful my job is still letting me work from home.

https://www.womensrunning.com/culture/runners-covid-19-recovery/
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    this is a cool story
    @mbaker566 - that is an awesome story! I used to ski that area when I was a kid... It is absolutely beautiful country. Also McCall has an awesome winter carnival!
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    08/01 - 10 miles
    08/04 - 5 miles

I felt really great on my run this morning all the way up until that stupid hill at the end. There are not words for how much I hate that hill. My last mile is always a minute slower than all my other miles on that route.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    08/01 - 10 miles
    08/04 - 5 miles

I felt really great on my run this morning all the way up until that stupid hill at the end. There are not words for how much I hate that hill. My last mile is always a minute slower than all my other miles on that route.

I know how you feel, but keep in mind, that stupid hill is doing wonders for your strength and fitness. Of course you’re going to run it slower - it’s a stupid hill - it’s just unfortunate that it’s at the end of your route. Keep up the good work!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    08/01 - 10 miles
    08/04 - 5 miles

I know how you feel, but keep in mind, that stupid hill is doing wonders for your strength and fitness. Of course you’re going to run it slower - it’s a stupid hill - it’s just unfortunate that it’s at the end of your route. Keep up the good work!

@Shortgirlrunning - This ^^^ and just to add on... think how great you will feel when that hill becomes easy, even at the end of a run!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 Cool story. I had seen that this morning and started to share here, but didn't have time to do it. Glad you shared it.

Another tough workout @katharmonic !

Glad you had such a good run @kgirlhart . I don't like coming across roadkill either, esp. skunks.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Today's my 61st birthday. I had planned to get up and run, spend some time relaxing, and then maybe do a hike with a friend. But, the friend had to bale on the hike and, last night, the director at the daycare where I sub asked me to work today. I told her I could come in at 10 so I could get my run in first. (I didn't tell her the reason. Not sure she would have understood the importance. I knew if I didn't run it before work, it would be really hard to get in later.)

I got up early and out the door at 6:55. Knowing I was going to be running driveway laps and I wasn't going to try for any records, I estimated it would take me around 1:20 minutes to get in the 6.1 birthday miles. I was close - 1:19:07. The temp was nice, at 66°F, but the humidity was 94%. I was actually surprised that it wasn't as hard as I expected it to be, but I was a lot slower than I was last week when I got the 10K PR on the treadmill. I did Fartleks again. That seems to help me mentally. I even got sort of lost in my thoughts and the songs a couple of times.

I also walked a mile, making today's total distance traversed 7.1 miles. This puts me just a little bit over 500 miles for the year - which is the amount I pledged to my Run The Year team, for the entire year. My total running/intentional walking mileage for 2019 was 504 miles.

exercise.png
    2ukqbclniogg.jpg
    Me after the run. The picture is fuzzy because the camera lens fogged from the humidity.

Happy happy birthday!!!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Happy birthday!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Happy birthday! 🎂🍾🎉
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Happy Belated Birthday!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo, Happy Birthday!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Happiest of birthdays @quilteryoyo!! You look fantastic. Great job prioritizing getting your run in and congrats on already meeting your mileage goal for the year!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @quilteryoyo !