WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Allie

JMHO ~ But, the new location sounds like it would end up costing you a ton of money to make it look the way you want. I think Tom gave you good advice and we can hope something even better with a beautiful water view will turn up for you.

Is your sister-in-law paying you with her own money or out of her mom's trust? Whatever, Lanette gave you good advice to check out potential IRS problems. My husband is his bnl's power of attorney and he documents every single penny that he has had to spend to pay his bills.

Carol in GA
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    PREFACE
    Walking along the banks of her beloved river, Della Faye journeys downriver toward the great Pacific. In her seventieth trip around the sun, she reflects on her past hoping to find the strength to complete her mission, thirty years more before she reaches the final sunset. Will she survive the challenges of advanced years womanhood? Are the dangers and perils too daunting?

Filled with humor, adventure, romance, and suspense this thriller can be read for free right here on MFP's "Women Ages 50+" monthly thread.
    zwuanc89kgb6.jpg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie: Tom gave you excellent advice about the property you were considering. I am happy imagining you safely in your home regardless of horrible weather.
    🌹🦋🌹🦋
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    Ooo
  • pipcd34
    Options
    2r76xtydwz8y.jpeg

The remaining of my first batch of homemade doggy treats. Yogi loves them!
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    The hubby has made beer already today and is roasting meatballs as we speak, some of which will serve as supper tonight, and most of which will be future meals. I love turning the entire kitchen over to him.

My gut's been in an uproar all day, so most of the day I've just doodled around. At least, I did after I slid down to Walmart and back this morning in the middle of the rain. The rain did mean there were fewer folks trying to breathe my air...

And yes, everyone was wearing masks--although I really want to take the ones who leave their nose hanging out, grab the front of their mask and let it pop back on their face like a rubber band. So far, I haven't followed through... The better angel sitting on my right shoulder murmurs, "You never know what other people are going through," while the little imp on my left shoulder capers around saying, "Pop 'em!"

The stomach has finally settled down, but all I want is a nap, so I think I'll do that.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

Edit to add: Heather--I'm sorry about the news of your friend.

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    LISA

I am one of the guilty ones who lets the mask down so I can breathe on empty aisles. And, yes, as soon as someone comes into sight up it goes again. For some reason the cloth mask makes my allergies act up like crazy and I cough. Then my nose starts to run like a faucet. It's very embarrassing.

Carol
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    Up at 4 am for the drive in!😑😑
    Made a peanut butter, butter and honey sandwich for the day. I know, but butter and peanut butter is magical.💖
    Have a good day my friends.💖
    I will maybe connect on the Univ of Washington's Medical Wi-Fi.👍
    💖Rebecca
    On walkabout.

I'm there with you...my favorite sandwich! Peanut butter, butter and 🍯!!!

Cheri

It was great! Warm so the honey soaked in. I ate half, then the bees found me and sticky, sweet fingers.
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did some HIIT today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Pilates for Weight Loss DVD

Barbie
    – this app seemed fairly easy to use. It’s called pedometer.

Rebecca
    when Ivanka Trump (was it her or her father?) mentioned how the son/grandson made a lego white house, it reminded me of you and your son

M
    – so glad your family is safe. They’re smart to stay away longer. Hope you get in to the dentist real soon. Look on the bright side….it may be too painful to eat.

Cloudy here, probably some of Laura. I understand that tomorrow we should be getting some rain. That translates into no pool

Exercised, then stopped at WalMart to see if they had any bread flour…they don’t. I think after the soup kitchen I’ll stop at Food Lion to get some things I have rainchecks and coupons for.

Sourdough starter: still not much activity. I’m wondering if the lid I’m using prevents air from getting in. Well, I did see someone on the internet use it, but looking at Bobs Red Mill site they say to cover it with a towel. I had been using the metal things that go on canning jars, just keeping it very loose. So now I’m trying putting a kitchen towel on top. We shall see what happens…..

Vince left for VA today, he’ll be back tomorrow.

Michele NC

Nice! Yes my grandma had the basic white house set, and I remember politely building it at her house during visits.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Made a peanut butter, butter and honey sandwich for the day. I know, but butter and peanut butter is magical.💖
    💖Rebecca
    On walkabout.

oh, peanut butter is my weakness- forget the bread- I love to mix up peanut butter and honey or now I have my home made nectarine jam I will use that once in a while but honey is best- mix in a bowl and eat it with a spoon.
    I bought the PB2 powder and use it occasionally (whipped cream, PB2powder, powdered hot coco mix all mixed together on graham cracker, make a sandwich out of it and freeze- a great ice cream sandwich substitute that even the guys really love) but don't think about using it with my honey.

Debbie

What kind of whipped cream do you use? Is it like coolwhip? I love peanut butter on pancakes with syrup and powdered sugar. Its been years since I have had it though.
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Barbara - that is it! Thank you! Happy to read that Joe’s eyes are improving!

Machka - sorry to read your tooth broke. I had to get a crown last year and even with the incredible benefits I have through work I had to pay 400+ out of pocket.

Margaret - Hugs to you my friend, I agree most people don’t know what to say and in their eagerness to try to help they make the person struggling feel worse.

I have a friend who helped raise her nephew, she was lost when he passed. She was single at the time. She and I worked together, there were a lot of nights for months afterward that I would invite her for supper, she would come for supper and just sit on my couch in the evenings. Sometimes we would visit and her would let her lead the conversation but more often than not she just sat there and enjoyed having someone near. Years later she told me that me just sitting with her and allowing her to express her feelings when she felt like it and didn’t force conversations when she didn’t was the best thing I could have done for her.

Rebecca - my Grandson has recently decided that peanut butter and honey is a favourite sandwich.
    He makes his sister toast every morning, so they can “sneak” in some tablet time before their Mom wakes up. They think they’re being quiet and that my daughter doesn’t hear them. She lets them believe that and let’s them think they’re getting away with something. She actually hears the argument every morning, “Michaela, you don’t need butter with peanut butter, it has butter in the name it’s already in there.” He then gives in and gives her butter and peanut butter complaining the whole time. 😂

Lisa - I don’t use fabric softener either, I found the smell overpowering in most of them. I’m also cheap and cheap and don’t like spending money on something that I don’t feel is necessary.

Yvonne - thanks for the information about a swell buoy. I like watching the Property Brothers too, and even though they are twins I like Jonathan better.

Coffee Talk - we use a Keurig but use the refillable pod for it, it works best for us because my husband couldn’t drink a whole pot when he gets up in the middle of the night. By the time I’m up he has had all the coffee he wants. My In laws drink Maxwell House instant coffee, when she came for our daughters wedding last year she brought a bottle with her as she was scared she wouldn’t be able to find it out here in the Wild West.

Katla - I love peanut butter cups too. like you I don’t buy them myself, but my family will sometimes show up with a “treat” for me.

Michele - I’m going to ignore that about the PB not being real. If I know how something is made I generally won’t eat it again.

Tracey in Edmonton

Awe, cute. I like the taste of melted butter, swirls of warm peanut butter, and honey. I have to watch when I have this, because with everything warm, I don't notice it dribbling off my fingers.😂😂
    💖Rebecca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    💖Rebecca
    On walkabout.

oh, peanut butter is my weakness- forget the bread- I love to mix up peanut butter and honey or now I have my home made nectarine jam I will use that once in a while but honey is best- mix in a bowl and eat it with a spoon.
    I bought the PB2 powder and use it occasionally (whipped cream, PB2powder, powdered hot coco mix all mixed together on graham cracker, make a sandwich out of it and freeze- a great ice cream sandwich substitute that even the guys really love) but don't think about using it with my honey.

Debbie

What kind of whipped cream do you use? Is it like coolwhip? I love peanut butter on pancakes with syrup and powdered sugar. Its been years since I have had it though.
    💖Rebecca

yes, cool whip(or store brand) they are so good.
    I like to use pancakes as my "bread" with peanut butter and honey- little sandwich. I don't make pancakes often anymore- My one daycare girl doesn't come in until after breakfast- when I want to make them for the guys, they never want them. (I have a pumpkin spice/chai mix I like- they don't like them so I don't make them)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Ppp
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,219 Member
    Options
    Beth - No, she wouldn't have been in the car. My best friend felt particularly upset because she credits this woman with saving her life in the past. Long story. And it was the woman's first outing after lockdown. They had all been meeting up in a barn for a recorder group practice. All happy, and then ....pouf! My friend just needed to offload. :'(

I watched a German film today. The Translator. Very good. Most of it while I was rowing and cycling. :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day

Walk w/family- 1 hr 9 min 2 sec, 3.3ap, 142mgr, 3.85mi= 501c
    Apple Watch- 394c
    Zwift bike trainer- 16.31min, 157mhr, 142ahr, 18.4amph, 5.05mi= 233c
    Apple Watch- 174c

Total cal 734