WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Woohoo Pip, that's a cup of coffee! I would wake up then wanna take a nap, in your glorious sun. Our heater kicked in yesterday afternoon. Whats THAT about!
    Enjoying seeing pics of new items. Beautiful stuff.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) My big yarn order came today and I happily continuing to knit my blanket for Project Linus. I am fussy about brand, weight, and color of yarn so it pleases me to have found a place where I can order exactly what I want.
    <3 Barbie in NW WA

Where are you ordering your yarn from? I'm quite particular myself. Typically Red Heart yarns. Currently I'm on a journey to use up a stockpile of donated yarn. Some of it is impossible to work with but I feel compelled to give it my best try. It's donated to our PL chapter and the ladies automatically pass it on to me.

Cheri

:) Cheri, the company is called Herrschners. They have Red Heart yarn is many different weights and colors along with a lot of craft items. I ordered on August 5 and my yarn arrived on August 13 so not super speedy like Amazon but I wanted what I wanted. When I bring my blanket to the Project Linus shop, they always offer me the donated yarn, but I've learned to refuse it if it's not exactly what I want.

Happy Birthday, Carol, You look great.

642442s5am4b2ugx.gif
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    Pip--I like your chairs. They should last a long time.

Michele--Like the towel topper. I have several of those my grandma made.

Beth--Glad to hear your son is home and now you can make sure he gets what he needs.

Tracey-- Hope your time off and with your grandchildren gives you the break you need and maybe when you come back next week things will be better.

Carol--Very happy birthday.

I remember growing up we had the wringer washing machine and two metal tubs to raise the clothes. Being the oldest I got to do the wash and used a wooden spoon to start the clothes to the wringer. Sometimes if I wasn't fast enough the spoon would go through too.

Had my 6 month blood work done this morning for my appointment next Tuesday. I was worried because of all the meds they have me on for the hives. My AC1 is 5.7, so happy about that. Several blood levels are still low, but better then a couple months ago. I am just tired of being worn out most the time and then the last couple days the hives are back.

I am off the weekend and so looking forward to it. Going to enjoy the time and sounds like we (DH & I) are going on a motorcycle run tomorrow with a group of riders. That should be fun.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Well here i am up in N.H. at the cottage.. Sean out running errands with the pooch and im just hanging on the screened porch with ice water..relaxing..
    I have been coming up here for 60 yrs and I love it...
    If any of you have seen On Golden Pond .the movie that is sort of what this place looks like on a bigger scale..
    Carol- Happiest of Birthdays to you.. and many many more...
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,939 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Well here i am up in N.H. at the cottage.. Sean out running errands with the pooch and im just hanging on the screened porch with ice water..relaxing..
    I have been coming up here for 60 yrs and I love it...
    If any of you have seen On Golden Pond .the movie that is sort of what this place looks like on a bigger scale..
    Carol- Happiest of Birthdays to you.. and many many more...

Sounds PERFECT!!
    Enjoy every minute of it. I would have to skip the ice water-instant asthma attack for me. Can't eat or drink anything cold unless I have it with a cup of hot tea.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Carol - Happy Happy Birthday! <3 Your bangs are very becoming by the way :)

Vicki - enjoy your weekend off, enjoy your ride! B)

Beth - so glad your son is home. What an ordeal you all went though. :(

Allie - that cabin sounds wonderful. Photos? :)

Another 45 degree morning.... we'll take it :) The gravenstein apples are ripe and beginning to fall, I think I'll dehydrate a bunch but it's going to be too hot for a few days to run the dehydrator, so have them squirreled away in various rooms of the house.

Lanette B)
    Sunny SW WA State

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Faye ~ How do you get all the pics of yourself? Do you have a friend who takes them. I can barely take a "selfie".

Carol in GA
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Faye ~ How do you get all the pics of yourself? Do you have a friend who takes them. I can barely take a "selfie".

Carol in GA
    I do have a friend that does most, but ones in the house I put the cell on a 10-second delay, and after a lot of experimenting, I find the best angle. I made a cell phone holder so it can stand alone. Sometimes I use my garage as a studio and then cutout myself with a photo program and then paste it on a scene from my personal photo collection of places I have been. It is very tricky to get the sizing correct and if any shadows that must be considered. I once used a Canon camera with a tripod and would put it on a long delay (It had up to 10 minutes), giving me time to walk several yards, strike a pose, to get some cool photos. It quit on me and repairs were more than buying a new one. I miss being able to do that. The cell is so limited but does work using timer delay mode. My cell just has the 10-second delay, so if any distance I have to run and then strike a pose. Getting too old for that nonsense.

Faye

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Yes Faye, fess up! ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊
  • Faetta
    Options
    Yes Faye, fess up! ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

What must I confess?

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    :) My big yarn order came today and I happily continuing to knit my blanket for Project Linus. I am fussy about brand, weight, and color of yarn so it pleases me to have found a place where I can order exactly what I want.
    <3 Barbie in NW WA

Where are you ordering your yarn from? I'm quite particular myself. Typically Red Heart yarns. Currently I'm on a journey to use up a stockpile of donated yarn. Some of it is impossible to work with but I feel compelled to give it my best try. It's donated to our PL chapter and the ladies automatically pass it on to me.

Cheri

:) Cheri, the company is called Herrschners. They have Red Heart yarn is many different weights and colors along with a lot of craft items. I ordered on August 5 and my yarn arrived on August 13 so not super speedy like Amazon but I wanted what I wanted. When I bring my blanket to the Project Linus shop, they always offer me the donated yarn, but I've learned to refuse it if it's not exactly what I want.

Yes, Herrschers! My daughter just got a Harry Potter puzzle from them.

I'm just getting to the point in life of owning a "I deserve this" attitude for myself. Meaning I don't need to take what's given or what's the most economical. Spending on myself and not others.

Thanks!

Cheri
    whose having her refrigerator fixed after 4 days of living from a dorm sized fridge
    in steamy, hot TX
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    Motivation to lose weight:
    I needed a hip replacement, and NHS will only put you on the list if you demonstrate that you can get down to a reasonable weight.

I started in late 2014, lost 45 lbs, had the op in September 2015, and just kept going. Have discarded 78 lbs so far. Weight, and BMI are in the normal range for my age and height.

I did a 12 week Bodytrax course at my local gym last year and the body analysis gave this 74 year old a body age of 63 at the beginning of the course. Since the middle of June I have increased my Muscle %age by 2.3%and reduced my Fat %age by over 3%.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    Carol:
    7bjp1k7x0rvp.jpeg
  • Faetta
    Options
    PIP It all looks good and very inviting to me. That dresser has a nice contrast with the floor. Would that outdoor rug work as a yoga mat?