WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Pip: I like your new piece of living room furniture. The colors are attractive and it fits the spot you’ve placed it beside the window. I also like the patio rug and chair. :flowerforyou:

RVRita: We have friends with an enormous fifth wheel that has a washer/dryer in it. Our RV is a twin of yours—no washer or dryer and no reasonable space for either one. Going to a laundromat is okay when the world is NOT having a pandemic. I bet you could find an old-fashioned aluminum tub. I don’t know if it would be hard to get an old fashioned wash board. We have done a light hand wash in the RV kitchen sink and spread a clothes line under our awning. Hanging wet undies above the bathtub is a possibility, too.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Well, went to WalMart to hopefully return the scale, but I had to take it back to the store that I bought it at so went to the soup kitchen, then to the other WalMart since I had to buy gas (which I didn’t since the line was so long), then to Food Lion to get my shirt and was told I needed black shoes (I don’t own any except dress black shoes), back to WM to see if they have shoes (boy, I must have a popular size) – none, so went to Rack Room shoes – none unless I wanted to pay $70 for a pair of shoes that I really wasn’t crazy about, back to WM but all the shoes that would have fit me were a wide width and I can’t take a wide, so to Kohl’s to get shoes since I had a 20% off coupon. They wound up costing almost $50 but that’s a far cry from $70. Now here

I’m at FL tomorrow from 7-11, then Tues 7-11, Wed. 7-11:30, Thurs 7-1130 and next Sat. 7-11:30. Looks like I need to get used to exercise in the afternoon.

Pip – it’s no wonder you have so much energy to bike early in the morning! What color did you want for the dresser? Love the rug – matches the chair nicely

Michele NC
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited August 2020
    pg191rclubvb.png

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
    PIP It all looks good and very inviting to me. That dresser has a nice contrast with the floor. Would that outdoor rug work as a yoga mat?

I guess it could
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    Happy Birthday Carol :flowerforyou:
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK ❤️
  • Katla49
    Rita: Your clothes line is great! I am so impressed that I showed it to DH. He was impressed, too. :star:
  • pipcd34
    exermom wrote: »
    Well, went to WalMart to hopefully return the scale, but I had to take it back to the store that I bought it at so went to the soup kitchen, then to the other WalMart since I had to buy gas (which I didn’t since the line was so long), then to Food Lion to get my shirt and was told I needed black shoes (I don’t own any except dress black shoes), back to WM to see if they have shoes (boy, I must have a popular size) – none, so went to Rack Room shoes – none unless I wanted to pay $70 for a pair of shoes that I really wasn’t crazy about, back to WM but all the shoes that would have fit me were a wide width and I can’t take a wide, so to Kohl’s to get shoes since I had a 20% off coupon. They wound up costing almost $50 but that’s a far cry from $70. Now here

I’m at FL tomorrow from 7-11, then Tues 7-11, Wed. 7-11:30, Thurs 7-1130 and next Sat. 7-11:30. Looks like I need to get used to exercise in the afternoon.

Pip – it’s no wonder you have so much energy to bike early in the morning! What color did you want for the dresser? Love the rug – matches the chair nicely

Michele NC

More of a white wash. This is what I ordered
    https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/mistana-jalynn-solid-wood-tv-stand-for-tvs-up-to-55-w001783737.html?refid=TEM_WF_1351&mmid=4563837510&csnid=9C2A6102-5866-414F-8514-D3AA1C32B03C&libra_c=&libra_d=&libra_g=&cltr=
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,747 Member
    Beth It is just insane all these conflicting mask rules. Cloth masks do hold moisture and germs, but that would hurt the wearer and no one else. Did they require latex gloves? That is way more important in a hospital than a mask.

Of course they didn't require gloves. I thought maybe because my mask was dark colored, but the woman behind me went in with a dark colored cloth mask! I've been wondering if they wanted to see my face. My rosacea has been acting up. Maybe I looked flushed?

Beth

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    then to Food Lion to get my shirt and was told I needed black shoes (I don’t own any except dress black shoes)
    Michele NC

I nearly fell off my chair when I read that ... probably a good 75% of my footware is black. But it would be a great excuse to go out and get yet another pair of black shoes ... with good support etc. for standing.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    Stats for the day-

Zwift trainer- 45.12min, 16.1amph, 157mhr, 12.13mi= 638c
    apple watch- didn't record right
    Apple Watch only- 29.30min, 1.04mi= 111c

Total cal 749c
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    edited August 2020
    Well this is ehat happens when you have a 20 something nephew and friends and my SIL is snockered. ..and everyone is loud..
    My poor nephew got rear ended by a drunk driver.. he is ok he has a big truck the guy thst hit him...car totaled..Shane is fine thank goodness. His girlfriend is here and 2 friends of his. The friends are drunk.... i had ice water and tea to drink today..
    I am going to try and go to sleep ,we shall see..
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    PIP~ It's a Yogi mat!:) LOL Carol, I thought the exact same thing! Happy Birthday, btw!
    Beth, oh my, words just aren't adequate. I'm so glad your son is okay and will be living with you, at least for the time being. I just can't even begin to understand how/why the paperwork got so messed up! Good grief, they can't even keep the paperwork straight! Yikes! Just caught up and read the final bit about him being nervous about eating "regular" food, sure can't blame him, but..... (shaking my head) so unnecessary if only people were paying attention to what they should be!!
    Allie, speaking of paying attention! So glad your nephew is okay, hope you enjoy your weekend away.
    Barbie, "opening day of zucchini season" LOLOLOL
    Margaret, the photo of your son's garden/service was lovely. {{{HUGS}}}
    Washing machines: I remember my mom's old wringer washer, and she had two tubs, galvanized steel, I guess, for rinsing. When she started working (dad was injured, workplace accident, so was being retrained and then trying to start his own small engine repair business), the one thing she really wanted was a dryer, as clothes were hung on the line no matter the weather. My bedroom was off the kitchen, so all winter I got to hear the clothes dripping onto the newspaper she's put below them. She had a wooden drying rack for inside. Ah, good times..... Eventually she got a washer too, I remember her being very careful with the wringer to make sure the pockets were facing the right way because if the closed end was at the back of the wringer, it could "explode"! Cannot imagine life without my washer and dryer!! I would like to have a clothes line, I do really like the smell of line dried stuff, but that's a no-no where we are now. It would be a pain anyway, the laundry room is on the 3rd floor, too many up and down trips for me! lol
    I have been reading, and almost keeping up! As usual, I am so grateful to have all you wonderful ladies with your great stories to tell. You make me laugh, sometimes you make me cry, but my life is all the better for having you in it! On that note, I must head off to bed!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Katla49
    Carol : Happy Birthday!!! :flowerforyou:

Barbie : I love opening day of Zucchini Season!!! So did DH and he laughed out loud. My sister in law will love seeing this. :laugh:

(((Allie)))

It has been a good day for picking blueberries. We had a lovely BBQ dinner on the deck, watched the river flow by, and saw the Osprey hunting. That bird huts and hunts. He and Mrs Osprey have a nest full of growing chicks. They to seem take turns hunting and babysitting.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

• ixchelkeshet
    ixchelkeshet Posts: 36 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    hctyuur9fr9y.jpg

Hilarious!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Good Saturday!

DH had his mom's truck pinstriped. It was delivered last night to us. Our pinstripe guy has been doing this for the family since the early 70's! I am not sure what we are going to do when he isn't around anymore. He is 84 years young.

I am thankful to have friends to spend time with, but we have been out to dinner monday, Tuesday, and Friday. I need to figure out better choices on menus. For lunch yesterday I had a chopped salad with black beans, tuna, tomato, and a little ranch. It was so fresh. Tasted great. And was pretty. Last night was Mexican. If I left the chips alone, it would be better. Eating at home is more work, but definitely faster.

I am not sure what this weekend will bring. I really need to get a bunch of paperwork done. DH said something about going to the KY farm tomorrow. Four hour round trip......I wonder if just he and his sister will go. .....that would be the cat's meow.

Have a blessed weekend!

Kylia in Ohio