WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    :)Barbara,what a traumatic day for you. We, too, live in a beautiful rural community which is perfect except in the case of needing the medical specialty that can be found only in the city. Hugs to you and Joe. What a scary time for both of you.

:) Our big adventure today will be going to get flu shots. I have a small shopping list for the drug store so I can get some things that aren't available in the grocery store. It takes so little to entertain us.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Wow! This thread moves at lighting speed! :D Headed up north (we live in Minnesota) to check on father-in-law today - 93 yrs young and always getting into trouble. Bringing his favorite lunch along including his new favorite, key lime pie. Hoping to get a walk in on his lovely country lane!

We may be old, but we are quick! Hahaha! The F in L has good taste. I am a bit partial to key lime pie also.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    It's nice when I can check in daily. that way I can really read all posts! thank you!

yesterday I DID do these 3 things on my list yesterday
    1) go for a walk done
    2) clean/tidy for an hourdone
    3) contact friend who invited me for a weekend visit and probably reserve transport

Today I :
    1) went for a walk done
    Remaining
    2) clean/tidy/file for an hour
    3) meeting a friend and her significant other at 6pm for coffee or something

Keeping bar low at present.

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,279 Member
    Options
    Machka: That weather sounds like what we are having today, and it’s supposed to be our summer!!! 😂
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,648 Member
    Options
    Iiiii
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Not wanting to be a "party pooper" but ...

If you go to the bottom of the page you'll see this:

4dsbwbjkyavy.png

Click on Community Guidelines.

Have a skim over the Community Guidelines, but especially number 12.

We welcome all sorts of topics, but we do try to heed Community Guideline number 12 so that this thread can stay in business and we can all continue to participate. :):)

Is this in the website? I can’t find it anywhere on the app pages.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,792 Member
    Options
    Machka - I enjoyed that article, I’m going to share it with my daughter.

Barbara - I’m so sorry Joe is not having an easy recovery. Hopefully these pills do the trick.
    A good cry is a great stress relief.

Kylia - I think a family/business meeting is in order. If your SIL is no longer interested she should say so. I admire you, there is no way in a million years I would try to work with my family, especially in-laws. I might with my daughters. I don’t think you were whining, I think you needed to vent and get your thoughts out. We all need that from time to time.
    We have been eating out too much too, it’s pure laziness in my part. The days I work I just find it so hard to come home and cook.

Suzi - thank you! I have been doing pretty well at leaving work at work and since I’ve stopped trying to do anything extra or offering to help I have been staying out of her way. I have signed up for job alerts on a couple of job postings sites and am keeping my eyes open. It would be tough to give up parts of this job though.

Lisa - we live in a 770 sq foot mobile home. It is too small at times and I watch these shows where families are building tiny homes and wonder if they’ve ever tried living in anything small. Our place works for us 90% of the time, it’s when the girls and Grands visit that it feels small. I have an idea on how to make it feel like we have more room but I’m still mulling it in my head before starting the conversation with Rodger.

It is raining very heavily for the last half hour or so. The wind is blowing and it seems like the tips of hurricanes we used to get in NB. Of course, that’s not what it is here in Alberta.

My plan for today is to clean and maybe get some groceries. I may wait until tomorrow for that.
    My nephew turned 16 in July and has an appointment on Sept 4th to go for his drivers test for his learners. He bought a truck today using his own money as he found a great deal. He will be itching to drive it I’m sure. He was raised in the country so like most farm boys has been driving since he could reach the peddles. My brother was raised the same and failed his drivers test the first time as he was too over confident.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,063 Member
    Options

4dsbwbjkyavy.png

We welcome all sorts of topics, but we do try to heed Community Guideline number 12 so that this thread can stay in business and we can all continue to participate. :):)

Yes ... you'll see it if you use a laptop.

But you can go to myfitnesspal/welcome/guidelines ... or to News and Announcements and scroll down to the first post there.

M in Oz
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Coffee, welcome! My husband is from northern Minnesota. We haven’t been back since his mom passed in 2010.

Barbara, so scary about your husband’s eyes. Mine has had that procedure to lower his pressure. He’s having cataract surgery on Tuesday with some kind of fancy lens implant. I’m nervous about that, but he doesn’t seem to be.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options

4dsbwbjkyavy.png

Yes ... you'll see it if you use a laptop.

But you can go to myfitnesspal/welcome/guidelines ... or to News and Announcements and scroll down to the first post there.

M in Oz

Thanks, Machka. I went looking for it after I posted that last question, and that is indeed where I found it. 😂

I had read them when I first joined, so knew the ghist of them, just wanted to refresh my memory.
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Margaret Thank you! I am glad you understand but sorry you had to experience it with your son. I wish others could understand, but sadly it seems personal experience is the best teacher. Hugs!
    Faye
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Dr. Katie: I hope your DH’s cataract surgery goes very well. :flowerforyou:

Rita: I have been my own science project. I was on “the pill” in the early days of our marriage. It was a disaster for me. DH & I had a fight over it. He threw the pills into the toilet and I flushed it. After that I used barrier methods of birth control until the blessing of “the change” came along. That wasn’t much fun. I am not a fan of hormone replacement therapy. :noway: After “the change,” I had some bone density problems—two broken wrists caused by separate falls on unseen ice. It was then that I was put on alondrate for bone health support. So far, it is a good strategy for me. I take the once a week version rather than the daily version. Good luck working through things until you find your comfortable spot. :heart:

Rita—new subject.: I’d like your advice about an extended RV trip. Our son wants us to drive across the country to visit his family. He thinks we can do it in the Bounder. DH refuses to fly anywhere and he is not inclined toward driving the Bounder across the country. Our Bounder is a near twin to yours. Do you think it is a sensible idea to drive it that far? I am developing a plan B and I doubt DH will be a fan of that either. My plan B is to drive to his sister’s place in Eastern Oregon in the Bounder, and DH could stay in the Bounder with the dog while I fly to VA to see our DS and his wonderful family. Would you drive your Bounder across the country & back? It would be a VERY long roundtrip in my thinking.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    What a productive morning. I vacuumed the ceilings downstairs, cleaned and organized the large kitchen cabinet, wiped down the rest of the cabinets, cleaned the refrigerator, cleaned the powder room, washed the downstairs floor, and cleaned up the courtyard.
    I have been dying to try the organic vanilla bean infused maple syrup i bought at Costco so made a delicious brunch of French toast. The syrup was so darn good I'm happy I purchased it.
    Taking a break and there may be a nap in my very near future.

Suziq, when you typed vacuumed the ceilings ya lost me friend!!!😁. Is that actually a thing? If so, I must have the dirtiest popcorn ceiling EVER!💖
    You are a domestic rockstar! That made me tired reading all ya did. I will take that nap for ya!
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    💖