GF issues w/ the gym/ fitness

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Hey, in case no one has said this on this thread I'm just going to point out here the following:

1) People here get upset if you generalize something. They aren't a fan of it, so when you generalize something, everyone is going to post on here they aren't fans of it.

2) My guess is not all women are like that. I'm sure no one has said that in this thread so far, so I figured I'd say it here. You know, in case you didn't read the other 1.5 pages of posts.

Oh damn! I just realized most of the posts on this thread said those exact things over and over! *sighs* I better go take my useful knowledge elsewhere.

Seriously I can not believe out of everything that I just said, people are extrapolating a generalization.... and choosing to comment on that. Like wow give me a break already having a hard enough time as it is I don't need the negativity or trolling right now.

Okay, I think I found the problem here. You see, my post was pure sarcasm and a joke pointed out towards the people who keep posting the same thing over and over again in your thread. You couldn't see humor in it. So maybe that's what you're lacking? Maybe they are just joking around with you a bit since you're so dedicated, but since you're lacking that sense of humor you take them serious? Someone pointed pointed out that this is the third girl to do it, maybe the common denominator is you? I know, tough pill to swallow.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Greetings!!

I haven't read all the posts, so I assume you've had a myriad of responses.

I'm basically in to say : 2 chicken breasts ?? YUM! I like mine fried, bone-in, skin and crust removed, a tad bit of hot sauce. DELISH protein!

And! It isn't " women" in general ,it's your GF. Honestly, doesn't sound like a fit to me. Life is too short.
  • mcauble
    mcauble Posts: 3
    Options
    Does she have a history with an eating disorder? I have bulimia and had anorexia and compulsive exercise for many years. People who go to the gym very regularly or follow certain diets can trigger me when they talk about it. Maybe your habits bring out her own insecurities or trigger negative feelings. It's great you have a healthy lifestyle.....but I know from personal experience that my boyfriend talking about diets and exercise is just as triggering to my eating disorder behaviors as offering a recovering alcoholic alcohol.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Firstly, AMAZING progress. You look fantastic!

Secondly, I'm not one to assume someone is insecure when complaining about someone else's habits, but after reading your post I have come to that conclusion.

Honestly, it just sounds like incompatibility. I mean, she lost 90 pounds yet she has a problem with you going to the gym even though it's not your entire life. Hell, years before I fathomed losing weight I dated a couple of body builders and several gym goers and I loved it. It just made them so sexy to me. For her, it just seems to make her feel inadequate...perhaps? Maybe she lost her weight mainly from diet and the spinning is a recent thing.

Not saying to dump her as that would be a super silly reason to, but just tread carefully. If it gets to the point of her constantly nagging you about it and not being supportive, then eventually you may need to think about the type of partner you want in your future and then make a decision.