Have you become one of those preachy people?

Options

Replies

• jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Never, I will however, discuss the things I'm doing to get healthy.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    No, definitely not. That does not sound fun at all.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Nope...

Because I haven't really cut out anything, and I "budget" calories for the things I really want to eat, anyone looking at what I eat would call me a total hypocrite if I told them not to eat that whatever it is they are reaching for.

That said? If anyone asks what I'm doing to drop the weight? I point them in the direction of this web site and told them that I found an exercise I enjoy.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not, because I'm not an *kitten*.

^^ This

More this. Also, I enjoy minding my own business.
  • IsisRosa
    IsisRosa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Not usually, though I did preach to a coworker last week. He had eaten 2 doughnuts that day, had just polished off a cheese bagel and immediately got up to get his third doughnut. I just couldn’t hold my tongue. Fortunately, we are on friendly terms.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    No.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Only if they're related to me and under age 8.

Burn!! :drinker:
  • melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    NO cos I don't give a crap. In fact the fatter and unhealthier other people are, the better I look

haha i share this train of thought. Let it be. Concentrate on yourself.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    People always say that I'm annoying, but it's important to keep telling them the truth. Maybe one day they will listen. Please read your Bible and remember that Jesus saves.

BURN HER!

I will be praying for you.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Only if they ask for my advice. I won't even talk about my own diet or weight loss issues with anyone who isn't doing the same thing, as I feel my female friends deserve better than to listen to my calorie talk and have that sort of stuff imposed upon them. It's hard enough already.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Can I get an amen-ah!

REV_BROWN.jpg
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Yeah I kinda do. I mean, I realize how much trouble I had to go through to understand everything, and how much bull**** there is out there. When I can help someone out by discussing the basics I like to. This is one of my favorite topics actually.

It's just that weightloss and fitness are a part of everyone's dily consciouness for the most part, but they don't take the time to read about it and most of their information is derived from anecdotal or commercial sources. I like to share what I know so they can get down to doing the work and getting their results.

Also, while I would like to be healthier too, my dieting and exercise is for strength and size, not to be healthy persay, so I'm not a huge nutrient nut. My focus is on macros and calories, not so much on content, although when I can manage I try to incorporate healthier foods. They go hand in hand for the most part.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Can I get an amen-ah!

REV_BROWN.jpg

AAAAAAAaaaammmeeenn!
    3qkqn7.jpg
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    If they were a good friend and I heard them whine and complain about their weight at one moment, then go scarf down a few deep-fried Mars Bars, then I would say something.

Otherwise I wouldn't. People get offended by that, highly.

Agreed with a few other others about openly talking about what you're doing to lose weight, but not preaching to others.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Can I get an amen-ah!

REV_BROWN.jpg

AAAAAAAaaaammmeeenn!
    3qkqn7.jpg

Compelled to go watch this movie now.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    If people ask, I'm more than willing to discuss and advise. I would never tell someone not to eat cheetos though...that's just blasphemy. Note that you can get your nutrition on and get your fitness on and be a rockin' individual and still eat some cheetos from time to time.

For the record I don't disagree with you, but seriously, is there an organized clandestine group on this message board with a determined mission to start a "you can eat whatever you want debate" in every thread?

Again - I don't disagree....not trying to start a **** storm...just getting annoyed at the same conversation in every thread.

Yes....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzqwx6L7JHzVHB-XOPFg5osni9a8oShPlBpVA1ibfqcdhcj5I4lA

...our mission is to combat the dieting majority who think you have to suck on celery sticks and substitute everything delicious with cauliflower to be healthy and fit.
  • ReadynWillin
    Options
    No because I ate cheetos this weekend and lost weight...I don't want to be a hypocrite

ETA: Go Jalapeno Cheddar or Go Home

:heart:
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    If they were a good friend and I heard them whine and complain about their weight at one moment, then go scarf down a few deep-fried Mars Bars, then I would say something.

Otherwise I wouldn't. People get offended by that, highly.

Agreed with a few other others about openly talking about what you're doing to lose weight, but not preaching to others.

Deep-fried Mars Bars???? :love: Where can I find this yummy sounding concoction?

OP, I look at preaching about food the same way I look at preaching faith. If someone asks, I'll tell. Otherwise, I don't say anything, because I hate being preached at myself. And I sure to heck wouldn't say anything to my boss about a bag of Cheetos ... namely because I eat a small bag myself everyday :wink:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    No because I ate cheetos this weekend and lost weight...I don't want to be a hypocrite
    ETA: Go Jalapeno Cheddar or Go Home

Word! Can't stand the preachy hypocrite!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Only if they ask, then I tell them I eat whatever I want as long as I don't net over 1510 and I run life a bandit as often as I can.