Have you become one of those preachy people?

Options

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    no because I don't know what people do 24 hrs a day they could be working out and eating healthy....I have my treats who am I to judge when they have theirs
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    No, but I do find myself quietly judging people buy their weight and food choices and I don't like it. Trying to change that.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. I do, at times, see overweight people and have a desire to tell them that they can totally lose the weight of they wanted. The only person I call out on what they're eating is my diabetic mother who still thinks she can eat what/how ever she wants, even though she's in dialysis. Besides, I eat plenty of so-called 'unhealthy' foods myself, just in moderation...so who am I to talk?
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lead by example more than with words.
    I am a normally over the top positive person anyway!
    My new lifestyle change has seriously increased that.
    I will admit to convincing people to think about weight loss goals.

Oh... I still eat cheetos... but just a tiny serving unlike the past.
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The only people I give advice to are my kiddos....for obvious reasons. :) If people ask then I give advice, otherwise I keep my lips sealed. It's their life and their choices are 100% on them.
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    She may be counting calories and it fit into her allowance. Can't judge a book by its cover.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Nope. Been there, done that. I was a vegetarian (and off and on vegan) for 24 years (ages 14-38) and was pretty intense and self-righteous about it. Around the 10 year mark I got over myself and cut it out. Life is too short to be part of the food police.

And life is too short not to have cheetos very now and then sheesh! LOL
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yes. If they are the the puffy Cheetos, I try to let them know that the crunchy ones are way better tasting. Especially mixed with white cheddar cheezits.
    How YOU doin'?:love::flowerforyou:
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My inner monologue is all over the place, but I usually keep my mouth shut. I think that until we walk a mile in someone else's shoes, it's hard to understand why they make the choices they make. I think at the end of the day, all we can do is listen if they need to bend an ear, or give advice if asked... otherwise, no one will want to be around someone who is a health/fitness know it all!
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I preach the eat, drink and be merry lifestyle!

Seriously though - moderation in everything, including moderation :flowerforyou:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    So, do you find yourself giving advice and preaching to people about their eating/exercise habits?

Nope, I view dieting like I view abortion.

Their body, their choice, my opinions are not relevant.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I look at what they are eating but saying nothing, it's very tempting..sometimes I feel like I know the secret :) But hey..let them do whatever they are pleased with..it's not my business :)
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    So, do you find yourself giving advice and preaching to people about their eating/exercise habits?

I like you.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    No because I ate cheetos this weekend and lost weight...I don't want to be a hypocrite

ETA: Go Jalapeno Cheddar or Go Home

That's the kind that she got. :laugh:

Bacon and ice cream are on my daily menu, should I go eat a salad instead?

Eww. I would never tell someone that they should eat veggies. My boss, on the other hand, tells me that.

I'm not saying that you SHOULD be preachy, especially to random people. I obviously wouldn't give unsolicited advice to people who would get offended. We're pretty close at our company and my boss tries to tell me what to eat and even goes so far as to buy it and make me eat it. :laugh: You just have to know who you're dealing with.

And, someone pointed out that I just started the weight loss thing. That's my whole point. I think that when most people start a diet, they see what other people are doing and probably say (at least to themselves) that they shouldn't eat certain things when there are healthier alternatives available, and they think that they know everything.
  • UrbanLotus
    Options
    No because I ate cheetos this weekend and lost weight...I don't want to be a hypocrite

I'm not saying that you SHOULD be preachy. And, someone pointed out that I just started the weight loss thing. That's my whole point. I think that when most people start a diet, they see what other people are doing and probably say (at least to themselves) that they shouldn't eat certain things when there are healthier alternatives available.

Ok, missing the point. Unless your boss is 5 years old, she knows what she *should* be doing and can read the NI on the cheetos bag, so you don't need to point this out to her unless you want her to hate you.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I can be, but only when people tell me what to eat (or ask me, but then I'm not preachy). Seriously- I had a chick at work, who is constantly asking what I do to lose weight by the way, try to lecture me on why I shouldn't eat a Snickers bar.

So my formerly fat *kitten* got on the proverbial pulpit. 1) It's not her business what I eat 2) I *am* one of those "if it fits in your macros" types and it's the perfect fit for ME.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options

I'm not saying that you SHOULD be preachy. And, someone pointed out that I just started the weight loss thing. That's my whole point. I think that when most people start a diet, they see what other people are doing and probably say (at least to themselves) that they shouldn't eat certain things when there are healthier alternatives available.

Don't worry, being a newbie doesn't last forever. I used to preach too, before I knew what it really takes to do this.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Only when it comes to my family starving themselves, aka HCG.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

I like you.

I cook too. ;)
  • UrbanLotus
    Options

I like you.

I cook too. ;)

dbmata, will you please accept this rose? :flowerforyou: