October 2020 Monthly Running Challange

Options

Replies

• Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Couple of things I think I forgot to say:

@Faebert you are so strong and you are such an inspiration.

@quilteryoyo I am still praying for you.

@rheddmobile what a cutie! Although... I hate snakes. Even if I know they aren't venomous. They still scare the *kitten* out of my. My twin brother was bitten by a copperhead when we were six and I was there for all of it. It was real bad.

@Tramboman seems like you have such nice weather!

@Avidkeo I echo what @Scott6255 said. Active recovery as much as you are able. But again, I am no doctor and I tend to push much harder than is maybe reasonable. You are under the care of a doctor and you have medical experience too. I am happy you got a run in! And I hope your progress can continue!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,444 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's FANTASTIC @Camaramandy648!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Woohoo congrats @Camaramandy648 !! 2nd place is amazing. Doing 75K at all is amazing!! So happy for you, well deserved! X

@Avidkeo try and keep the faith. You’ve worked so hard and been so patient. Trust the professionals and take your time and all will be well. A few more weeks as a proportion of the rest of your life is like the blink of an eye. Sending virtual hugs to NZ! X
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Great job, @Camaramandy648 !!!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 Awesome! Congrats on the 2nd place finish. 75k is a serious race!!
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Oh @polska_girl I love you. I can take the heat. ;) I earned it, lol. I have no defense or excuses.

Thank you for all the congrats and for believing in me. :)

In other news, here are the samples of medals for @PastorVincent 's race. They are heavy and seem to be decent quality.

What do you all think? @rheddmobile I'm tagging you especially because you had mentioned the other quote too.

lu3da2vf5zn9.jpg
    mwyn1hbgdkge.jpg
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS @Camaramandy648 ! That's awesome!

@skippygirlsmom Glad you are getting to see Skippy this weekend! Enjoy your time with her!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Oh @polska_girl I love you. I can take the heat. ;) I earned it, lol. I have no defense or excuses.

In other news, here are the samples of medals for @PastorVincent 's race. They are heavy and seem to be decent quality.

What do you all think? @rheddmobile I'm tagging you especially because you had mentioned the other quote too.

lu3da2vf5zn9.jpg
    mwyn1hbgdkge.jpg

lu3da2vf5zn9.jpg
    mwyn1hbgdkge.jpg

Those look awesome! Is the quote you got for a custom shape with custom ribbon like those? If so, I would say go for it.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 I agree. They look fantastic!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Camaramandy648 . The medal quality looks good. I'm going along with the crowd on this one.

Welcome to all the newcomers. This is a great group.

@sfinney0825 Glad you are starting to run. If I may give you a little advice though, if you haven't been running, don't set out to run 30 minutes/5 x a week. That is way too much. I suggest you find a couch to 5K (C25K) program and follow it. There are several out there. Just google it.

WOW @TheMrWobbly ! Amazing! Congrats on such a great HM!