October 2020 Monthly Running Challange

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart yay for new job!

Personally I don't mind getting up early for exercise, it's the best time of the day. Or as @Scott6255 said, run to work!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    October Goal 60ish miles

10/1 3.52
    10/2 snorkel
    10/3 3.08
    10/4 3.88
    10/5 off
    10/6 4.30
    10/7 3.28

Total 18.06

exercise.png

Upcoming and current races:

D-Backs Virtual Run Against Cancer on 10/17 (which would have been my son's 43rd birthday....)
    https://raceroster.com/events/2020/27903/2020-d-backs-virtual-race-against-cancer

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Am feeling pretty tired as it's the last big push before the Auckland Half on November 1st. It's only the 8th of October and I'm already at 90km for the month. I need a nap. Fortunately tomorrow is a recovery day, but my coach has still scheduled an hour of yoga and an hour of cross training. I think he may be trying to kill me.

Lol just hang out, taper is coming hehe.
    I'll be living through you. To think, I was going to be running the full! Oh well, I will be doing the half next year. Tempted to take 2 weeks off, do that then the Kerikeri Half if it's only 2 weeks later.
  • BeverlyW1108
    BeverlyW1108 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    10/1 - 2.55
    10/2 - Rest
    10/3 - 10.41 Mountain Hike
    10/4 - Rest
    10/5 - Weights at home
    10/6 - 2.01
    10/7 - 1.01 TM + core at gym

Have a Great Run Today!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Options
    Wow! 90km already @ContraryMaryMary ! You are a beast!

@Mari33a Glad they were able to put stents in your dad's heart. He should be ok and feel a lot better, once he recovers. Also glad they caught the prostate cancer early, but I know that "c" word is scary. Hugs.

@marisap2010 Hope today goes better for you.

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    10/1 – 6 miles
    10/2 – 9 miles
    10/3 – 6 miles intervals with Champ
    10/4 – 4 with Champ
    10/5 – rest day
    10/6 – 6 miles
    10/7 – 5 miles with Champ
    10/8 – 3.13 miles

39 (39.82) of 115 miles

That’s a woohoo @TheMrWobbly
    @kristinajeang I’m a fan of going to a good local running store to be fitted – I also never wear the same pair 2 days in a row and replace at about 400 miles at the most. I see you got that advice 100 times already ha ha I have a Fleet Feet by me and I buy most of my shoes there, though I’m a Brooks Launch girl and if I see those babies on sale somewhere else I buy them, the last model is always on sale a Academy and if I like the colors I’m there. Besides the fitting aspect of the store they have rewards so spend $200 and get $15 off or something like that, I have returned shoes I’ve worn for a month with no box, no questions asked for a full refund. At least by me EVERYONE who works there runs, the own just ran his 175th ultra or something insane like that. There’s a retired professional track runner working there, street runners, trail runners etc. It’s awesome.

Finished my Space Race yay!

@kgirlhart woohoo on the job!! I’ve worked for the same company for 35 years the thought of having to leave here would kill me probably. I also can’t remember the last time I had to interview for a job.

@marisap2010 sorry about your day I hope it is better today.

Thanks @quilteryoyo I can’t wait to see the brat, I mean kid, we are running a virtual HM while she’s home so I’ll enjoy her never ending chatting during that.

Races:
    187.6 of 335 miles Pinhoti Trail Challenge done
    148.5 of 248 miles of Space Race done - COMPLETED
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler – done
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach – done
    Scooby Doo Virtual 10K - done
    Skunk Ape 5 miler August 1 trail race in person – done
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – August – done
    Chupacabra 10K/HM – August 22 - done
    Running of the Bulls Virtual 5K – 9/14 – 30/2020 - done
    Halloween 5K 10/31/2020 - semi in person
    Yuletide Madness Oct 31 – Dec 31 2020
    The Pinhoti Trail Challenge 335 miles virtual – 1 Sept to 31 Dec – 133 miles done
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July – September – our team has finished
    Space Race 400K Challenge 12 weeks running 248.5 miles to the ISS – August to November – 194 miles done
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – running virtual

• WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Wait! You finished the Space Race already?! Well done! I'm almost there!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    @Mari33a So sorry to hear about your dad. That's a lot all at once. I hope he recovers well.

@polskagirl01 I'll have to watch that documentary. I watched one about the Barkley Marathons called "The race that eats it's young". It was super entertaining, but I agree with you that I would never even consider doing it. Just doesn't look fun to me, but watching other crazy people suffer through it is fun.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    22.2/70 miles

10/2: 3.1 miles
    10/3: 6.2 miles
    10/5: 5.2 miles
    10/7: 3 miles
    10/8: 4.7 miles

Typed up a whole post then hit done. 😫 I'm not retyping it.