October 2020 Monthly Running Challange

Options

Replies

• Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 Potatoes is my official guess.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo thinking of you today!

@polskagirl I agree with @Camaramandy648 looks like potatoes.

@Teresa502 yay for shoes!

@kristinajeang yay for rest days! Glad your run felt good.

@WandaVaughn I love running by water, so calm and peaceful. Well unless you run by the sea on a stormy day lol. Congrats on first prize in the fishing!!

• Avidkeo
    Options
    Cross training day for me. Was on call last night so go into work at 1030am. Just waiting for the kids to go to school and I'll get on my bike. Already have a few YouTube videos lined up to watch.

Calf was niggly again last night. Same situation, fine at rest, a few niggles when I walk that quickly eases. It does seem to be getting better I guess, but alwaysakes me fearful.

And I'm going to have to keep an eye out for a new pair of shoes. One pair is from January so with marathon training, they are probably on the way out. I wore them yesterday so wonder if they are contributing to niggles, since I wore a newer pair before that and was fine.

Or its just the way injuries heal. You have good days and bad days lol.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl my guess is potatoes too...but why would they all be piled up in a field. Harvesting?
    @quilteryoyo thoughts and prayers with you today.

Didn't do my normal Monday run today. Saw it was going to drop to the 50's tonight, and I am playing golf on Saturday, so I shifted my running schedule by a day this week. Maybe that will cure my streak of Monday running blahs.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,396 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 - Initially I was going to say potatoes too because we had piles of them like that in Idaho when I was a kid as well as sugar beets. But I am thinking turnips because the shape isn't really potato like?
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Yay for no blockages @quilteryoyo!!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    8ericalynn wrote: »
    First time posting here and first time doing the challenge. I need more community support as the darkness descends over the PNW.

My goal 40 miles this month. 13 miles to date. Better get going.

Welcome! The darkness is descending here in Poland as well :( I can definitely feel the difference.
    So I got the Vitamin D back out and need to find my lamp. Running in the morning helps me, too.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    On holiday in Taupo at the moment. It’s been raining the whole time 🙄. Fortunately, we’re in a ‘resort’ with a massive thermally heated pool, which is lovely. The girls and I have been spending at least three hours a day soaking and swimming.

Got out for a run today. Headed from the resort to a nearby park then along the river to the Huka Falls. According to our jet boat driver yesterday, pre-Covid, the falls were the most visited tourist spot in New Zealand - something like a million visitors a year. Today, I met no one in the paths, and at the viewing platform over the falls there were two people. I guess I’ll call that a benefit of Covid!

Anyway, a few picks from my run in the spoiler.
    43slytfspg02.jpeg

khvul1qmhkl9.jpeg

0mmi3w5lzw7x.jpeg

lxikklv59il7.jpeg

7ej12ssn7ywu.jpeg

This is the ONE good thing about covid. We actually get to go and enjoy our natural attractions without all those annoying American tourists (😜)

Just teasing guys! It is true though that we avoid a lot of places due to crowds, and there just aren't the crowds atm
    It is nice. And Huka falls is stunning!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I’m so glad it went well yesterday, @quilteryoyo!

Two mile run last night. I wasn’t able to get started until after 7pm, so it was starting to get dark.

Tonight is supposed to be Pump, but I will try to get in a couple of treadmill miles after.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Tramboman wrote: »
    "What's 'taters, Precious?"

I can't believe no one has likesld this yet!!
    "po-tat-oes. Boil em, fry em, stick em in a stew"

Goes well with second breakfast

Thanks, @Avidkeo. You saved me!!!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    10-1 7k easy
    10-2 7k slow
    10-3 7k slow
    10-4 7k easy
    10-5 rest
    10-6 7k easy
    10-7 7k easy
    10-8 7k easy
    10-9 7k easy
    10-10 7k easy
    10-11 7k easy
    10-12 rest
    10-13 7k easy

October Total: 77k
    October Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k
    August Total: 172k
    September Total: 176k

2020 Total through September: 1584k / 176k per month

Clear, low 50s F, and no wind this morning. Last night's thunderstorms and cold front cleared everything out beautifully.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles - Completed 10-11
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020
    Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders -- Completed 9-29

2020 races:

9-8 to 9-13 "Virtual Boston with Vincent" Time goal 5:15:00; actual time 4:47:01