October 2020 Monthly Running Challange

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile Great run and walk. You'll get back to running 8 miles regularly in no time. It is interesting that your ancestors rode horses and probably farmed the area where you run. Wonder what they would think of you running for pleasure? I don't think that was a thing back then. The citrus tree is interesting. In the picture, the fruit looks like a lemon. I haven't seen any of them around these parts.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @katharmonic Yeah for getting out of the woods safely. I literally laughed out loud at your description of the vending machine. Sorry you didn't get the cake - carrot cake is one of my favorites.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo your procedure Monday is going to go smooth and easy 🤗 Will be thinking of you.

@katharmonic thank you for that hilarious vending machine story 🤣🤣🤣 I really needed that.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Thanks @WandaVaughn you are thisclose :)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile Every plant in Phoenix has thorns. I try to avoid any branches for that reason. Sometimes I don't see it and have to pull a branch out of my shoe. Seriously, the desert knows how to defend itself LOL I always wanted fruit trees in my yard but if you don't pick the fruit in time it rots and attracts roof rats. Then they get in the house.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    @Mari33a - I am glad your dad got the stent surgery he needed and will be feeling better. They have so many treatments now for prostate cancer, especially when caught early. Hoping for a good outcome for that too!
    @marisap2010 - Hope your work situation calms down soon. Seems like you have been having a crazy couple of months.
    Yay @Avidkeo! So glad your rainy run was great!
    @rheddmobile - We have lemons, tangerines and 2 types of oranges. The lemon tree thorns are the worst! The others don't seem to have nearly as many thorns and they aren't so big and don't bother me much when I am picking fruit or pruning the trees.
    @katharmonic - I too laughed out loud at your vending machine description! So funny! It just knew that cake was bad for you and you needed a salad instead 😂
    @ContraryMaryMary - love the medals!
    @tracydvt- Welcome! You might try rolling the arch of your foot with a small hard ball. It could be the beginning of plantar fasciitis. I have ones like these but any small hard ball can work or even a frozen water bottle will work too.

No run for me today but will be taking advantage of a couple of days of cooler weather to get in runs tomorrow and Saturday, maybe even Sunday. It is going to get back into the 90's again next week though (ugh... so done with the heat!).
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Love the bling. You are awesome doing so many HM's.

Welcome @tracydvt !

@noblsheep Glad you slept in and didn't become a jogger. That would have been traumatic. You'll have to watch the news to see what the deal was. It's sad if someone was drowned. :disappointed:

@TheMrWobbly Thank you and good luck with the job search! Somehow I think I missed that you were looking.

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    10-1 7k easy
    10-2 7k slow
    10-3 7k slow
    10-4 7k easy
    10-5 rest
    10-6 7k easy
    10-7 7k easy
    10-8 7k easy
    10-9 7k easy

October Total: 56k
    October Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k
    August Total: 172k
    September Total: 176k

2020 Total through September: 1584k / 176k per month

Carbon copy (holy moly, who remembers carbon paper?) of yesterday -- sunny, mid 40s F, and no wind. Wore long sleeve tech shirt with shorts and was fine. Had resigned myself to a slow pace because I seemed tired today, but saw I could finish at an easy pace with a little hustle.
    @katharmonic Your vending machine story should be required reading for those who do not believe in running karma.
    Welcome to the group, @tracydvt.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020
    Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders -- Completed 9-29

2020 races:

9-8 to 9-13 "Virtual Boston with Vincent" Time goal 5:15:00; actual time 4:47:01
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo oh good! Thank God! You have done more research than I'd have done. I am proud of you and you are so brave and so strong. I will continue to pray. Should you need anything, I can be there in less than six hours. :)