WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Have a healthy breast cancer awareness month

Workout attire and movtivation Recently a friend asked why I still wore and was obsessed with sports swim beach style compression two-piece outfits for my morning workout. My answer was I don't know except for motivation. If I wear just loose shorts and a tank or tee, I don't feel inspired and cut out half my routine and do the rest sloppy. Since I got my new Billabong beach bra I have added more reps, cleaned up my extension lines, don't feel hurried, and feel more empowered. I feel 30 mentally and don't realize my age until the workout is over and beachwear removed. While I love my new Blue 55 every day all day lightweight compression racerback sports bralettes, they don't inspire me like the squeeze of a great fitting low cut 80/20 nylon spandex sports compression racerback bra. It is all a mental game, but if the feeling of a compression sports top drives me to keep strong as I soon enter my 71st trip around the sun, then so be it. Find what motivates you and regardless of negativism from others, become strong and stay strong long as you can.

This is the top I bought and wear for workout
    I knew it was ideal for color, style, and motivation
    when I saw this photo of this young lady with almost
    identical boobs (add a bit of sag down and sideways)
    her identical chest/arm muscle and identical lack of sideboob
    and also this photo showed the color I wanted without the molded cups
    inserted. Most time the models are big breasted and with molded
    cups inserted, I cannot get a good picture of how it will fit me. I hate
    inserts. I am what I am and damn proud to be breast cancer-free.
    I look almost identical to this young lady (chest wise) wearing this top.

s00zpk7alwuz.jpg

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Ahh yes the joy of apartment living . Woke up, kirby found a trail of ants. I told him to put a work order in to get them dealt with.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💜💙💚💛🧡❤️
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kate UK: The flowers are beautiful and the vase is amazing. :star:

Machka: Congrats on a lovely day and two goodnight’s sleep. :bigsmile:

Lanette: I’ve missed Wildhorse Wendy and her menuka honey, too. :star:

SuziQ: Your pink mask is charming. :flowerforyou:

Machka: I like Chicken Pot Pie best. It has been difficult to do well now that DH can’t eat wheat. We also like sweet potato, but haven’t used it in a pie. It might be a great Thankfully, the Gluten Free version of flour from Bob’s Red Mill makes things like pies doable again. :smiley:

Terri: A green house is a wonderful thing. :heart:

Out of time to post for now. I’ll be back later.

Katla in misty NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Have Faiths lunch set and watching The incredible Dr Pol
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    KATLA we bought the vase when we were on holiday in 1970s. We bought a few pieces at Tintagel pottery in Cornwall had to tote them home in a cardboard box on the train. The pattern is Cornish dragon we have that vase, a small vase and 2 plant pots with saucers

Kate UK ❤️
  • Faetta
    Options
    Me three years back posing for the "Girls With Tools"
    Instagram page for Breast Cancer Awareness month.
    I was dressed for walking to a women's awareness campaign
    meeting sponsored by a nearby clinic. It was a cool windy day
    and a headscarf and legging were required. I look exactly like my
    mother did at the same age, 67 with the headscarf and those glasses.

qbqcz8d28b6s.jpg
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Well Faith had her breakfast and us back to sleep,as is Alfie. Rough times lol
    I filled the bird feeder and have it hanging right outside the sliding door ,so enjoying watching the birds flitting back and forth..
    Chickadees,tufted titmouse,downy woodpecker,house finch,nuthatch and thank goodness Alfie is snoozing a little chipmunk looking for seeds..
    Just watched a documentary on the Bee Gees,i really like there music,poor Barry is the last one left..

like to hear you naming all the birds you see- that is something my dad does when he calls me or when I am up there- He loves the birds. He goes out and fills the feeders every day- He loves them all. No chipmunks there but they do have raccoons, foxes, skunks and quail that eat off the ground what the birds toss on the ground.
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Mary.. You are right…Chris - and Wendy! Both so fun, and had such interesting lives. Wendy with her unicorn horses, bee-raising, and daughter dramas. Chris with her active social life and wisdoms. Neither have been here for awhile.

Karen in Virginia

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    B
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    <3
    My cleaner texted me to say she would be an hour late. I wasn't happy,but I said OK
    . When she was half an hour over the extra time I texted her to say it was too late. We start winding down around 5 and eat at 6. She didn't get the text and turned up very late. I felt bad but turned her away. This is our precious Friday night time.
    She will come back a week tomorrow. Not ideal, but it could work out.
    It had taken her 45 minutes to get to us in the traffic. Feel bad, but she was the one who rearranged us for another client.

Got to go back to the doc in a couple of weeks for recheck on a couple of blood tests. :o Bone profile and ferritin. Of course I googled everything and scared the life out of me!!!!!
    The fact that a nurse will talk me through the results in November is vaguely reassuring, but the mind races. Hoping for not too many sleepless nights. :|

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Evelyn - Michaela is only 4, but going on 14. She is quite the girl.
    I attend things with my husband, but he doesn’t attend with me either. I just have learned to live with it.

Heather - what a sweet memory!

Lanette - We didn’t get as much as they were calling for and now it’s just a wet mess. Thankfully! I love reading about your greenhouse and plantings.
    Your talk of wood makes me homesick. I grew up on forestland that my Grandfather sold as firewood to pay the taxes on the land. My Brother does it all now, he delivered his last cord 2 weeks ago.
    I miss the heat of a wood stove, but sure not the work of them or the cold when they go out.

I just got out from my physical and am now waiting for my daughter. Nothing really earth shattering except I found out the headaches I’ve been having are actually migraines, not sinuses. She gave me a couple prescriptions to try to help so I don’t have to take as many Advil as I’ve been taking. Blood Pressure was a little high and I need to monitor it for a few weeks, but she thinks I can control it with diet and no need for meds.

It is starting to snow again, it’s not supposed to drop below freezing until this evening so I don’t expect it to stick much.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Faetta
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Since SuzieQ brought to our attention that it is breast cancer awareness month, I want to pass this along. If you have a high rate of cancer in your family, male or female, then you should go to a Genetic Cancer counselor and take the saliva test. I did this and found I am at a low rate for all cancer except cervical. They were concerned that since my family had a high rate of prostate cancer in men and even with no breast cancer in my family, I was at a higher risk for breast cancer. This is usually the case. If you have both breast and prostate cancer in your family or just breast cancer, please get tested. It was a surprise to me and the counselor and my cancer doctor that my high risk was cervical. Without this test, I would have never known this. Also, it is a fallacy that small-breasted women are at less risk than larger. Obese women are at greater risk, regardless of breast size, and that is the only relation.

While good diet, exercise, general health, and environmental factors have a say, genetics is the dominating factor. I wish every woman would visit a genetic cancer counselor. It can be life-saving to know your risk and be able to take an action early. There is other testing other than a mammogram, but unless you show a high risk, insurance will not pay.

Fae
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    Michele--It was the higher ups that decided we need to wear the masks. After 8 months it makes no sense to me. But because me and one other person sit about 7-9 feet apart we need to wear them.

Kind of a slow day at work and the day is dragging.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

Here is a picture of their hot box inside of the green house. They have the main green house(the hot box is in the middle of it) that is fully enclosed but not insulated at all, then an addition that is partially enclosed then a large one that is the shade room to give the plants some protection but getting them ready to plant.
    glz2ddqp1e7c.png
    ld75brdm2x9c.png
    1yxlm2fyt0wn.png
    This last picture is about half of the front garden- It is amazing what my parents are still doing-they still plant about an acre of garden- they are 83 and 77. Dad is slowing down but mom has more energy/push than I do and I am 19yrs younger than her
    g75ad4b7tcim.png

I plan on being up there a lot more to help out more this coming spring/summer
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Debbie - WOW!! What do your folks do with all of that produce? Gardening keeps them fit and from what I read, keeps brains sharp. There are a lot of complex tasks and planning that go into growing our own stuff.

We keep our whole greenhouse covered with the green shadecloth all year around. Even so, it can still zoom up to 110 degrees when the sun is shining. Most of the plants love it if they have plenty of water. :)

Karen - your parrafin heater sounds perfect!

Lanette B)
    Chilly, breezy, perfect SW WA State
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Mary.. You are right…Chris - and Wendy! Both so fun, and had such interesting lives. Wendy with her unicorn horses, bee-raising, and daughter dramas. Chris with her active social life and wisdoms. Neither have been here for awhile.

Karen in Virginia

I would really like to hear from Chris again! I got to have a lot of fun through her life stories! I do miss Wendy as well, but I was thinking of sweetnsassified she was from Austria not Australia (I hate talk to text sometimes). She contacted me through messaging when I had posted an update to my kettlebell story in the success story forum in 2018. She was very colorful and humorous in her posts. It's hard to believe that some of us have been here since 2014!! In fact I just had my 6 year anniversary of being here on October 17th!

<3 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Hurumph,not a word from the endocrinologist about the bloodwork, well i guess no news is good news..but geesh it would be nice to know one way or the other..
  • Faetta
    Options
    Hurumph,not a word from the endocrinologist about the bloodwork, well i guess no news is good news..but geesh it would be nice to know one way or the other..

They are usually very slow getting you your results. My PCP usually has the results for me a week before the oncologist.