Compliments/praise for someone you don’t normally interact with

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    I’m regretting how I named this thread but I can’t change it now. I didn’t mean that people can’t compliment their friends nor did I mean to reinforce the idea that there are cliques or separate lunch tables or anything. I think we just naturally tend to interact more with people based on the threads we frequent the most and the time of day we post. Like I rarely go in the selfie thread, for example. So for people who spend more time there and not elsewhere, I won’t interact with them as much. I wanted people to have a place to say something to someone who they may not otherwise feel they can easily approach. And ideally I thought it would get us thinking about and talking to the people we don’t talk to as much

Instead it kinda looks like “hey we aren’t friends so here’s a courtesy compliment”

Ugh
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Ok, so we are friendies - and have been for a while, but my praise is for this PP! ❤❤
    ...but I don't normally praise people's pp's (don't want to make it weird)
    Super suits you!
    Pretty, sweet, cute, uninhibited and true!!

Is this for me? 😬

Of course it is!

Your PP is AMAZING and I now feel comfortable enough (and drunk enough) to tell you that!!

Srsly gurl. You got it goin on ! 😊 check you out 👀👀 gorgeous

Thank you 🥰

But also, whats with all the females needing to get drunk to feel like they can say something?

... maybe i should try that
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    I’m regretting how I named this thread but I can’t change it now. I didn’t mean that people can’t compliment their friends nor did I mean to reinforce the idea that there are cliques or separate lunch tables or anything. I think we just naturally tend to interact more with people based on the threads we frequent the most and the time of day we post. Like I rarely go in the selfie thread, for example. So for people who spend more time there and not elsewhere, I won’t interact with them as much. I wanted people to have a place to say something to someone who they may not otherwise feel they can easily approach. And ideally I thought it would get us thinking about and talking to the people we don’t talk to as much

Instead it kinda looks like “hey we aren’t friends so here’s a courtesy compliment”

Ugh

I don't think it comes off like that.. its a nice idea for spreading some love and positivity 🙂
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Ok, so we are friendies - and have been for a while, but my praise is for this PP! ❤❤
    ...but I don't normally praise people's pp's (don't want to make it weird)
    Super suits you!
    Pretty, sweet, cute, uninhibited and true!!

Is this for me? 😬

Of course it is!

Your PP is AMAZING and I now feel comfortable enough (and drunk enough) to tell you that!!

Srsly gurl. You got it goin on ! 😊 check you out 👀👀 gorgeous

Thank you 🥰

But also, whats with all the females needing to get drunk to feel like they can say something?

... maybe i should try that

Alcohol just helps to loosen you up. Takes away all your inhibitions. Don't you drink?

All ?

quick question -- can you keep drinking until I land at Heathrow ??
  • slimgirljo15
    @slimgirljo15 you are always so friendly and engaging with the new people, there are probably lots of people here who would’ve bailed if not for you singling them out to make them feel welcome ❤️

I can attest to this.

In my very early days @slimgirljo15 messaged me and helped me out. She probs won't remember me I had a different name and profile at that time.

But I remember her ! She was so sweet and kind. 🤗💜❤

I remember a wide eyed FooFoo newbie 🤗😙 I can't remember the name though.. glad I helped in some small way.

Unfortunately the pm glitch makes it harder to reach out and just say " hey, Im sorry to hear you're going through that" or "you're doing great"
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member

Ugh

No, no Cakey - you're cute, how you 'over think in a beneficial to others' way
    Your thread is good!

Its an easy way to say "hey" to people (we) want to, but for some reason feel a bit shy to

I like it!
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    You are pretty!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Complimenting people is sometimes an awkward affair, but I just gotta say y'all are pretty cool and that's part of the reason I keep coming back here and keep trying, even after numerous failures.

Thanks for being you, y'all. :heart:

Ditto!
  • LegionOfZoom
    LegionOfZoom Posts: 196 Member
    I have watched you overcome heartbreak and adversity and achieve the goals you set for yourself! You rock!
  • slimgirljo15
    edited October 2020
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    okay, here's a couple.....

@jcrav77

Dedicated healthcare worker fighting the good fight against the covid & looking damn fine while doing so.

&

@Versicolour

Some people fly slightly under the radar without calling a lot of attention towards themselves, yet their kindness, grace and beauty shines through despite any hardship or adversity they may weather. That's her.

Here, here ❤
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    @MaltedTea

She's kind, funny, smart, beautiful. I always enjoy her posts and wish I was as clever and witty.

😭 Mostly crying because you don't think we normally interact with each other!

This is such a sweet noti to log in and find, @PlentyofProtein00. And know that I find you beyond: between great push up form, looking stunning in everything you wear and being super engaging every time I come across your posts?! (...insert chef's kiss here...)
  • CacoEther
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    @MaltedTea

She's kind, funny, smart, beautiful. I always enjoy her posts and wish I was as clever and witty.

This is such a sweet noti to log in and find, @PlentyofProtein00. And know that I find you beyond: between great push up form, looking stunning in everything you wear and being super engaging every time I come across your posts?! (...insert chef's kiss here...)

No no no, that’s what I was worried about with the stupid thread title! 😅
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    @MaltedTea

I almost put we've interacted 😂😂😂but technically we are not friends officially.

And thanks 😊