Compliments/praise for someone you don’t normally interact with

Options

Replies

• Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    @Miss_Chiev0us when I first joined here you were a Rockstar to me. You have been through hell and still show up and shine. You are now Legendary. And your tattoo... 😍

What a sweet thing to wake up to ❤ Thank you so much 🤗 I always enjoy your posts, you may be quiet but your kindness shines through and I also think you're a great mother xox
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    @Reckoner69_lmao I know you are a ghost, but still, you were pretty cool. Spooooooooooooky.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    @MaltedTea very kind of you to mention me. Thank you😍
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    @MaltedTea don’t you dare get anxious in my thread ❤️❤️

Seriously though, I saw this as a thread where people could post as things came to mind, no pressure to hit everyone on the first go around
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    This place is entertaining all around... everyone keep on being themselves <3
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    @Diatonic12 Thank you for being such a positive, sweet and kind presence around here.. Im not going to pretend to understand every post though lol.. but you have such an interesting mind, you're a fascinating lady 🤗
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Threads like this raise my anxiety levels because if I post, I'll miss typing someone but it doesn't mean they're not on my heart. After only being here since the start of the year, every person I've come across has been enchantingly fascinating. Some are still here, some have been banned, some "go quiet" by choosing to log in but not post...or not log in at all (@KickTheSky and @magnusthenerd come to mind. I hope they're okay.)

For example, I just joined a super active MFP group this month: Ultimate Accountability Challenge which is led by @RangerRickL who I'm convinced is a reincarnated Mr. Rogers. He's so sweetly motivating. All the time. Every day. It's crazy! Truly, everyone in that group (from @ForLangston's COVID dating updates to @davert123's enthusiasm about fitness) is wonderfully engaging and gentle with one another. Similarly, everyone in the monthly "60 Minutes per Month Plank Challenge" threads (led by @jeffrey_ad in the main forums) is focused on fitness but always ready to help each other with questions.

In the main forums, @harper16 is my MFP twin which may come as a surprise to her since we tend to cross-post as opposed to talking directly to one another. We have a lot of similarities from what I can tell in her posts though. I appreciate her concise insights very much. @lorrpb is one of the many MFPers who take time to respond objectively to fitness questions. The same goes for @AnnPT77, @sardelsa, @springlering62, @DancingMoosie, @sijomial, and @Chieflrg.

All of Reckoner's apparent iterations, all well as folks like @Motorsheen, @iMago, @happimess01, and @MelG7777 help keep the forum chats on the light side but can stun with the depth of their serious insights. Hmm...qui d'autre?
    • @Diatonic12 has the soul of a poet
    • @CacoEther has the talents of a life coach
    • @MiNinaLisa has the stamina of a champion
    • @Miss_Chiev0us has a heart that extends to people who may not like her (which is hard to fathom on several levels). In a similar vein, @ReenieHJ, I hope you don't spend too much time thinking about people who MAY not like or agree with you, especially when there are so many more people who do.
    • @PaperDoll_ is the naturally diplomatic person who can temper any room and manage its vibe.
    • @sweet_ermengarde has the wisdom of a philosopher and sage rolled into one.
    • @KosmosKitten This sounds super shallow but... she takes the cutest selfies.
    • @brustmannzwei sounds so salt of the earth and I can't picture any day around him in real life being boring.
    • @Versicolour fellow introverts unite 😉
    • @fstrickl, and @vanityy99 for being Canadian 🇨🇦

To everyone who plays Acronym Game and the many other little word games on here: thank you for helping to stimulate my brain.

To all the photographers, thank you for making MFP so visually appealing. @NorthCascades and @cheriej2042 make me want to travel. @senalay788, @snowflake954 and @Safari_Gal_ and @acpgee make me want to eat!

To all the fathers/grandfathers/male-guardians-of-children, as mentioned by the ever generously complimentary @J_NY_Z, I've got your proverbial backs...and fronts 😭

Generally, for everyone who deals with my sass, silliness, and occasional unsolicited sentimentality, thanks for being patient with me.

.... are you sure ??
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    @MaltedTea don’t you dare get anxious in my thread ❤️❤️

Seriously though, I saw this as a thread where people could post as things came to mind, no pressure to hit everyone on the first go around

that's good advice !

.... for a rookie life coach
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    @MaltedTea this is very sweet of you. Thank you ❤️
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    You’re too kind, @MaltedTea. Such kind words AND you won’t punch me in the face!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    This is another risky and highly specific thread. It’s also strictly for people here in chit chat. (Meaning don’t praise your MIL or neighbor in this one)

Tag or vague, either is fine. But make sure your compliment is for someone outside your normal bubble.

This will likely be a short-lived thread but hopefully a feel-good one while it lasts.

I like the thought and intent of you post. So in the spirit of your topic, @CacoEther You are a gorgeous woman with a beautiful heart.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    This is another risky and highly specific thread. It’s also strictly for people here in chit chat. (Meaning don’t praise your MIL or neighbor in this one)

Tag or vague, either is fine. But make sure your compliment is for someone outside your normal bubble.

This will likely be a short-lived thread but hopefully a feel-good one while it lasts.

I like the thought and intent of you post. So in the spirit of your topic, @CacoEther You are a gorgeous woman with a beautiful heart.

Thank you ❤️
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    browneyedgirl...something. I don't remember the handle exactly. She was sassy, snappy, and reading her posts in the old singles thread made me step from the lurker shadows to participant. She seemed like a possible long lost twin.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    @PlentyofProtein00

admire and respect you!

think you're fun too

when you leave I grieve!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    @slimgirljo15 it's been said before and probably better, but you really are the heart and soul of this community.

Thank you Nadine 🤗 you know I think you're the bees knees ❤