Compliments/praise for someone you don’t normally interact with

Options

Replies

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    @Miss_Chiev0us , @Beachy1_ and the great @_sw33tp3a_11 have some great taste in music and often suggest songs and artists I have not heard of.

You think my taste in music is great? That's the best compliment ever!!!! Lol thank you 😊

I mean, you used to have a username referencing The Smashing Pumpkins right? How could anyone not love that?
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    @Miss_Chiev0us , @Beachy1_ and the great @_sw33tp3a_11 have some great taste in music and often suggest songs and artists I have not heard of.

You think my taste in music is great? That's the best compliment ever!!!! Lol thank you 😊

I mean, you used to have a username referencing The Smashing Pumpkins right? How could anyone not love that?

@Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings is someone else :)
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »

Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings is someone else :)

What she said but I'm still keeping the compliment even of it wasn't really for me 🤣
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,031 Member
    Options
    @MaltedTea
    Just ran across this thread. Thanks for the shout out girl. I didn’t even know! Very kind of you. I think the same thing about you. Always a joy.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options

What she said but I'm still keeping the compliment even of it wasn't really for me 🤣

Alright I feel foolish now. You are still great, and the compliment was definitely for you. Your taste is music is terrific. I just feel silly. I'm going to hide now.....
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options

Alright I feel foolish now. You are still great, and the compliment was definitely for you. Your taste is music is terrific. I just feel silly. I'm going to hide now.....

Oh no. Don't feel that way. I did have the word 'butterfly' in my previous username lol But no worries, no need to feel foolish :)
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,031 Member
    Options
    @iMago
    Because of you this morning: when Ms New Booty came on at the gym before camp started I laughed. I asked my gym friend if she ever saw the video. You know the one. She hadn’t. So I sent it to her. Thanks for being an innovator.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BVv0cA2Rbro&t=15s
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    @iMago
    Because of you this morning: when Ms New Booty came on at the gym before camp started I laughed. I asked my gym friend if she ever saw the video. You know the one. She hadn’t. So I sent it to her. Thanks for being an innovator.

i live to serve

but technicalllly that song came into my life as a direct result of Deb and Carl
  • runinthesun7
    runinthesun7 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    @iMago

😂🤣
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I’m regretting how I named this thread but I can’t change it now. I didn’t mean that people can’t compliment their friends nor did I mean to reinforce the idea that there are cliques or separate lunch tables or anything. I think we just naturally tend to interact more with people based on the threads we frequent the most and the time of day we post. Like I rarely go in the selfie thread, for example. So for people who spend more time there and not elsewhere, I won’t interact with them as much. I wanted people to have a place to say something to someone who they may not otherwise feel they can easily approach. And ideally I thought it would get us thinking about and talking to the people we don’t talk to as much

Instead it kinda looks like “hey we aren’t friends so here’s a courtesy compliment”

Ugh

I don't think it comes off like that.. its a nice idea for spreading some love and positivity 🙂

Yeh, but what about the ones that aren't part of the clique(unless there's a Wallflower clique) or sit alone at the lunch table(Blaming the liverwurst but maybe it's not?)? We don't want to forget about them?? And there are so many people that pass through here, adding a comment or 20, that touched us but we forgot(only because the memory's the first to go or we be drinkin'). So I'd love to give a shout out to everybody!! Thanks for being a part of my everyday good feelings. :)

JK by the way, it's a great idea to share the love. :)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I’m regretting how I named this thread but I can’t change it now. I didn’t mean that people can’t compliment their friends nor did I mean to reinforce the idea that there are cliques or separate lunch tables or anything. I think we just naturally tend to interact more with people based on the threads we frequent the most and the time of day we post. Like I rarely go in the selfie thread, for example. So for people who spend more time there and not elsewhere, I won’t interact with them as much. I wanted people to have a place to say something to someone who they may not otherwise feel they can easily approach. And ideally I thought it would get us thinking about and talking to the people we don’t talk to as much

Instead it kinda looks like “hey we aren’t friends so here’s a courtesy compliment”

Ugh

I don't think it comes off like that.. its a nice idea for spreading some love and positivity 🙂

Yeh, but what about the ones that aren't part of the clique(unless there's a Wallflower clique) or sit alone at the lunch table(Blaming the liverwurst but maybe it's not?)? We don't want to forget about them?? And there are so many people that pass through here, adding a comment or 20, that touched us but we forgot(only because the memory's the first to go or we be drinkin'). So I'd love to give a shout out to everybody!! Thanks for being a part of my everyday good feelings. :)

JK by the way, it's a great idea to share the love. :)

😂 Im a clique of one lol..
    You are right though there are all sorts of peeps, some shy and quiet some not so much 😬 that make the mfp experience what it is.. I 💕 everybody
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    There are also many who I wish I could wave a magic wand around, like the Bibbity Bobbity Boo fairy, and make all the bad stuff disappear. All the while throwing glittery sparkles their way.
    Then others who I wish, through osmosis, I could have their inner good positive thoughts.
    But I am who I am.
    :)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    I think @MaltedTea is a wise, witty, funny, caring person. Her posts are must reads for me. I dont want to cheapen my praise by saying shes attractive also.....but yeah, there is that too.

Well now! Know that I'm into your insights and fascinating life experiences @Revolu7...as well as your decision-making skills on "shirt colours"
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    okay, here's a couple.....

@jcrav77

Dedicated healthcare worker fighting the good fight against the covid & looking damn fine while doing so.

&

@Versicolour

Some people fly slightly under the radar without calling a lot of attention towards themselves, yet their kindness, grace and beauty shines through despite any hardship or adversity they may weather. That's her.

@Motorsheen

Awe thank you. ❤️ You are awesome!!
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    @amorfati601070 your passion for biking is kinda hot
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    @MaltedTea

You are the whole package, girl! You make me think, laugh, and look smokin in a lbd. ❤️

Oh my 😊 Thank you @Kashmir_314_ All of MFP cleans up real nice (even if only on occasion, as was my case, when trying to virtually bribe someone to put on a Tom Ford suit 😉)