WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes today. Didn’t do anything strenuous (didn’t even go at the speedI usually use) since I had to go for my fasting blood work afterwards. Afterwards, ate a muffin in the car then went to Food Lion to get ice cream for Vince. They have Breyers on sale BOGO and I had a coupon. Soup kitchen later this morning but first I want to stop to see Lynette since I have some coupons for her. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Yoga Works DVD

Lisa – are they going to be giving you Cardizem XT (?). That’s what Vince takes for his a-fib. Did you have the ziopak that you have to send the unit back to the company?

After the soup kitchen went into Hickory to do some running around. First I went to the Salvation Army, but lately they don’t have anything decent. Then dropped off empty cat litter containers at a friend’s house. Then went to Publix to get the ground turkey breast I need (they’re the only store that carries it, everyone carries ground turkey), then to Lowe’s Foods to get the oat bran I need (they’re the only store that carries it), then picked up the glass for my jigsaw puzzle that we’re going to frame.

Barbara – good for you not having to take that medicine. I try to take as little as possible. Vince is waiting for “Vitamin E” to be developed (so he doesn’t have to exercise)

Sue in WA – I remember when Vince had to wear that monitor, he had a diary that he had to fill out when he felt his heart being “weird” (like he had to do this time). I remember that one of the things you could put down was “sex”. …lol

You know, and this is just my personal observation, I think we’re feeding more people at the soup kitchen. At the start of this pandemic I’d say we were serving about 120. Last week we made over 300 sandwiches and every person got 2 sandwiches. Today they made cornbread and were surprised at how soon it ran out. I’m assuming they made about what they usually made.

Lanette – I’m with you, I get ideas of foods to have that I might not have had in a while or something that I never thought of from the pics and also from looking at people’s diaries

Carol GA – we’re lucky, we didn’t get any flooding. However, some of the roads around here got flooded. Wednesday Vince and I went to Hobby Lobby and part of the road there was washed out.

Fae – I always get dressed if I’m home. I may not put on makeup, but if I’m in my pajamas all day, you KNOW that I’m sick. I also make the bed every day (or Vince does, depending on who is the last to get up in the morning --- and it’s usually Vince). Can’t stand anything around my neck . Talking about being dressed in seconds reminds me of that episode of “All In The Family” where Archie got on Meathead’s case because he put a sock and shoe on before going to the next foot. Archie thought you should put socks on both feet and then shoes on both feet. Good memories

Skirts and dresses: I tend to avoid them if I can because I don’t think I look good in them. Shows off the cankles. I do try to lay out the clothes (workout, etc) for the next day.

Beth
    – I never heard of getting married with the hands facing up. Sounds neat!

Meidson
    – welcome!

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Betsy in NW WA: I’m not really superstitious, either, but I occasionally knock on wood—usually my own wooden head. :wink: I don’t waste salt by throwing it over my shoulder. It is something my mom used to do.

Faetta: I’m enjoying the rain today, but I’ll be happy to have a bit of sunshine when mother nature decides to send us a sunny day. :star:

Tina: I always say Gesundheit when it is appropriate. I have German roots. My grandmother’s family came through Ellis island in about 1899/1900. They had family members in Kansas who sponsored them. :heart:

Meldson636: Welcome. Stop by often. :star:

Kim: I don’t know anyone who wears leggings. I wonder whether wearing leggings is popular with skinny teenagers. Members of my yoga class wear yoga pants. :ohwell:

Oregon has had a surge of CoVID cases and there is a question about whether the sports club will have to close again. It is not good news for my yoga class. This is what the governor said today:

“Gov. Kate Brown on Friday announced the most extensive set of restrictions since her March stay-home order -- once again closing some businesses and restricting social gatherings -- in an attempt to slow the rapid spread of coronavirus across the state.
    She will limit all bars and restaurants to takeout only, close all gyms, prohibit indoor and outdoor gatherings to no more than six people from two different households, limit capacity at grocery stories and pharmacies, and allow churches and faith groups to accommodate indoor crowds no larger than 25.”

Today is Friday the 13th. It looks like yoga classes will not be held for a while. I’m glad that I went today. I'll miss yoga and my friends there.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,433 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a survey. Are any of you experiencing toilet paper and/or paper towel shortages?

Things are still OK in my area of SW WA State. Hard to find my "favorites" but there seems to be plenty of brand X in both the TP and paper towel realm. :)

Lanette B)
    Sunny (for a minute) SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Here we go again! Two-week freeze for Oregon. Basically the same as going back to baseline.

Two-week decree including Thanksgiving No more than 6 people and no more than 2 households represented in one location, whether indoors or out, public or private property. Masks are required to be worn at all times, indoors or outside, except while eating and drinking including private property and your own home.

My plan is to eat and drink constantly all day while inside and to sleep with a sheet over my face as a mask at night for the next two weeks. I will wear a mask out while walking even though no one is within 100 yards. I have never been to jail and don't plan to start now.

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,035 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Betsy in NW WA: I’m not really superstitious, either, but I occasionally knock on wood—usually my own wooden head. :wink: I don’t waste salt by throwing it over my shoulder. It is something my mom used to do.

Faetta: I’m enjoying the rain today, but I’ll be happy to have a bit of sunshine when mother nature decides to send us a sunny day. :star:

Tina: I always say Gesundheit when it is appropriate. I have German roots. My grandmother’s family came through Ellis island in about 1899/1900. They had family members in Kansas who sponsored them. :heart:

Meldson636: Welcome. Stop by often. :star:

Kim: I don’t know anyone who wears leggings. I wonder whether wearing leggings is popular with skinny teenagers. Members of my yoga class wear yoga pants. :ohwell:

Oregon has had a surge of CoVID cases and there is a question about whether the sports club will have to close again. It is not good news for my yoga class. This is what the governor said today:

“Gov. Kate Brown on Friday announced the most extensive set of restrictions since her March stay-home order -- once again closing some businesses and restricting social gatherings -- in an attempt to slow the rapid spread of coronavirus across the state.
    She will limit all bars and restaurants to takeout only, close all gyms, prohibit indoor and outdoor gatherings to no more than six people from two different households, limit capacity at grocery stories and pharmacies, and allow churches and faith groups to accommodate indoor crowds no larger than 25.”

Today is Friday the 13th. It looks like yoga classes will not be held for a while. I’m glad that I went today. I'll miss yoga and my friends there.

NOT a "skinny teenager" and I love my leggings. I tend to wear longer shirts,that cover my butt or wear thicker ones. I wear them for comfort!. My mom who is 77 also wears them all the time. Her and I actually ended up wearing matching ones Saturday when I was up there(I bought them for her for Christmas last year)- I usually don't wear read but have these in three colors and wear them all winter-
    Besides being so super comfy, I don't have to alter them!! At 5', other pants always have to be hemmed.
    Debbie
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,814 Member
    Options
    Allie - Maybe you need to go to an emergency department.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »

Leggings – I don’t own a pair, and most of the ones I see on folks are a ton to revealing for me, they seem to show every lump and bump and you can see your under clothing through them as they stretch around your bum. I just have never understood that choice, but I have never tried a pair on…. Ok ladies enlighten me, am I not looking at the right folks? Or being an old judgmental biddie?

Kim from N. California

You're not an old judgmental biddie. I think the same thing about many leggings I see on people. That being said . . . I do love my 'yoga' pants. I am wearing a pair today at work.

And I have this one. Love it!
    o2fgfjwbqnci.png

Working comfy but professional,
    Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,814 Member
    Options
    Debbie - My MIL says you can't give a knife as a gift without some money attached to it either. Also, can't give an empty wallet to someone.

Kim - I will only wear leggings with a long top as I agree with showing all. I don't think it is an old biddie thing at all.

Katla - Fitness groups closed here effective today. They haven't closed gyms only teams and groups. They are also closing bars and pubs earlier as too many are trying to use them as a nightclub which hasn't been open since March.

Ok, that was a quick break, back to work
    Tracey
  • Katla49
    Options
    Debbie: I'm happy that you and your mom get along so well and both enjoy leggings. You are lucky to be together and enjoy one another. :flowerforyou:
  • OregonMother
    Options
    I'm taking a survey. Are any of you experiencing toilet paper and/or paper towel shortages?

Things are still OK in my area of SW WA State. Hard to find my "favorites" but there seems to be plenty of brand X in both the TP and paper towel realm. :)

Lanette B)
    Sunny (for a minute) SW WA State

Not so far.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    👋
    Debby in Va
  • OregonMother
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Faetta wrote: »
    Here we go again! Two-week freeze for Oregon. Basically the same as going back to baseline.

Two-week decree including Thanksgiving. No more than 6 people and no more than 2 households represented in one location, whether indoors or out, public or private property. Masks are required to be worn at all times, indoors or outside, except while eating and drinking including private property and your own home.

My plan is to eat and drink constantly all day while inside and to sleep with a sheet over my face as a mask at night for the next two weeks. I will wear a mask out while walking even though no one is within 100 yards. I have never been to jail and don't plan to start now.

I didn't see the bolded part in the order. If it is there, totally uninforceable, so I wouldn't worry about it.

That being said, my 14 year old and his two friends have gotten together a couple times, and are planning to get together on Saturday. They wear masks, even when they are in the other's homes, so maybe that's what the order means.

Nothing changes for higher ed, so we are keeping on as our usual COVID protocols.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Michele - not sure, and too lazy to look up the generic for Cardizem to see if that's what they're sending. Hopefully, it's here tomorrow. And yes, I did the Zio Pak as well, got it in the mail, followed the instructions, and sent it back after two weeks.

Arkansas has had a statewide mask order since July, but even though cases are spiking, they're not leveling any new restrictions. Per the governor's press conference, most of the new spike in cases are coming out of the rural areas rather than the metro areas where there are ways to either shut down businesses or restrict their operation.

Re: TP and paper towels, while it probably won't get to that again, I'm still keeping a reasonable stock in hand at home. :)

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 1min 3sec, 3.47ap, 92ahr, 118mhr, 7.11mi= 661c
    Strava app= 861c
    Walk around Clovis- 35.41min, 70ahr, 1.18mi= 217c
    Strava app = 144c

Total cal 878
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,821 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Tracey- cant really afford to do that i have a 4500.00 deductible and ive only used 600.00 and even if your on your deathbed they ask for the credit card up front...
    My brother is out messing with women again even though he is married. I tried calling him when it was time for me to leave i left poor Alfie home because i didnt know Jean took the dog with her and he didnt get home till almost 5:45.im supposed to leave at 4...i fed Faith and gave her her pills and she was asleep,i left at 5:30 ..
    With everything else going on i dont need ànymore stress.. i am working 10-2 tomorrow .and if I need to will go to a walk in if they let you in.
  • stephtra49
    stephtra49 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Lisa- I didn't know saying "Bless you" was a superstition! I always thought it was manners. lol
    KJ (Kelly)

I've actually stopped saying "Bless you". I used to do it automatically, like when people say "Thank you" I respond, "You're welcome".

But I've had people ask me not to say "Bless you" and a few have become rather upset. It implies things they don't believe.

M in Oz

I’ve said gesudheit for as long as I can remember! I still say bless you as well! I come from a long line of Germans & Catholics, I am not a politically correct kind of person! I say it like it is! 😆

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Debbie: I'm happy that you and your mom get along so well and both enjoy leggings. You are lucky to be together and enjoy one another. :flowerforyou:

It really is great. We were not close at all when I was growing up. I was always "daddy's girl"- still am but am also very close with my mom. She is only 19yrs older than I am. We are so similar personality wise, hobby wise, etc.
    I am looking forward to spending more time up there. My goal is when I am retired(in the next year,hopefully) to spend half my time up there.
    Debbie
  • Katla49
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Lanette: When the pandemic first raised its ugly head, I bought copious amounts of TP, paper towels and meat. Our freezers are full and supplies of TP and paper towels are in the cupboard. I replenish them as they are used. :bigsmile:

Stephtra49: Gesundheit is such a familiar word in my family. Gesund=good.
    Heit=health. Gesundheit=good heath to you. :smiley: My dad’s family were German immigrants before WWI. Their sons served in WWII. :star:

Today is Friday the 13th. May we all be lucky.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    :)Lanette our stores have plenty of paper products except that Costco didn't have our favorite brand so we bought something else. The shelves are full the grocery store where we shop. Eggs were limited to 3 dozen. They had turkeys, stuffing mix and roasting bags but not in the brand I prefer.

:)Kim I wear legging under my jeans for warmth. I would never wear them as outerwear

:)Fae the turtlenecks I wear are made by Paradox
    7gy52h7jxd3b.jpg

<3 Barbie in NW WA