Less Alcohol - DECEMBER 2020 - One Day At A Time

Hello and Welcome~

Success comes in all size packages. I commend each person on here that finds either inspiration or a tidbit of knowledge from checking in or following. One sip less, one drink less or one month less of alcohol is and always has been each individuals own choice on this thread. At their own speed. Like it says One Day At A Time.

No color, age, gender is revealed unless the user puts it out there. Personally I did not hop on board for any other reason than to get support to DRINK LESS. I did not chime in because it was all women back in January 2018, or because it was folks my age posting or because we all shared the same hobby. I learn from those older than me and from those younger. You all have your own special value that you bring to this place.

When in limbo we find sharing or venting about some of our personal life helpful, and it is and we appreciate you opening that little piece of your world to us. It is all part of the process of wanting or needing to drinking less. Because in the end we share the same goal regardless of the amount of alcohol, the length of alcohol free days or the past we had to swim through to get to this point of coming together as a group.

<3

Link to our information page: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10816791/information-page-only-for-less-alcohol-one-day-at-a-time/p1?new=1

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,542 Member
    Inspiring posts from some users in the past~

I’ve lurked in this topic thread beginning last month but haven’t posted, until now. I find this an inspiring thread. Many personal points shared and no one getting slammed…. Refreshing…

I’ve lost 50 lbs and have pretty much maintained that and did it mostly from moderation, but can tell you without a doubt… alcohol played an important part for me. I never gave it up 100%, but did cut way, way, way back – which I’m certain helped me.

There are times I go weeks without any. There are times I save it for the weekend. There are times I have 1 a day all
    week long.

Whatever your reason or motivation – do what works best for you and you’ll never regret it.

Thank you so much for starting this thread! My goal is to go a solid three weeks with no alcohol, but hoping that will be extended.
    I want to lose 20 pounds, but more than that, I need to be healthy for my young kids. For far too long, I have been using wine as my comfort. Bad day? have some wine! Good day? have some wine! This Is Us is on... have some wine:D
    I want better sleep and more fitness. I love reading the comments because I know I am not alone in this.
    Good luck to all.

I drank more than I wanted to on New Year's eve...fail : ( I did at least keep my promise to myself to get up in the morning and meet my running group for a "kick off the year right" run and then breakfast. It was no easy task since it was -1F outside, but I managed and it definitely put me in a positive mind set for January. No alcohol yesterday, which wasn't too tough because my husband wasn't drinking either.

I do have a bit of a confession to make. The thought of a dry life kind of scares me. Like so many of you have expressed, my life in many ways seems to revolve around alcohol. I know that is sad, but it's the reality of it. Does anyone else feel frightened about the changes they will need to make in order to stay alcohol free. I have to admit that this is the number one reason that I keep saying I need to cut back but not give it up entirely.
  • MissMay
    r33wggsd65tp.jpg

• MissMay
    MTW70 wrote: »
    I'm in again for December, and up for the no drinks until Christmas Eve challenge!

Welcome to another month with us. We so enjoy your company and input.
  • MissMay
    @cryingblue did you happen to check out our information page? Here is the link. You can keep it handy to refer back to if we are slow getting back to you.
  • MissMay
    @CMB44512 excellent way to plan and start out your December goals. You may encourage that group of males friends you hang around to follow your lead.

Real men CAN drink LESS ( t-shirt to be printed LOL)
  • MissMay
    @Lilylady3k love love love your break down. NOW that is some serious accountability.

Lets kick DECEMBER!