Less Alcohol - DECEMBER 2020 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Definetly not giving up!!!

I agree!!! Checking in and not giving up!!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,562 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k
    Wow, you are going through so much with your Mom.
    I am so glad that you are there for her.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,562 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @globalhiker
    Puppies are so cute.
    None of us can travel anywhere for awhile, but once we can again, what to do with a puppy?
    What kind of puppy were you thinking? Golden Retriever?
    Maybe you should get a Saint Bernard that you can take up to the mountains with you. You could put a keg of brandy under his/her neck should you get stranded in the snow somewhere.

As for that hole, yeah. A bunch of soul searching to do about that for many of us, the hole that we have filled with snacks and booze : - )
    You will figure it out, and then you can teach the rest of us : - )
    Meantime, lets all just get outside for at least 10 minutes per day.
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    Well I'm back home. Helped mom finish all the tasks at the house that included a ladder/step stool (tall Christmas tree outside decorated while it rained, high shelves inside, and putting together things that she couldn't figure out this week. I'm hoping I got all the tasks on her list done! Long drive home and then our dog had a "date" for mating in the evening as well. So no time for exercise or focusing on me. I completely just gave in on carbs, fast food, and "whatever" for dinner. DH & my sister conspired ... she brought over wine and cooked dinner of crawfish étouffée and he ran out and bought wine. So wine we definitely had in the house. 2 glasses.

Need to get some AF days under my belt this month.

Dec accountability: 0/5 days AF
    Goal: AF days 3 per week / 12 per month; limit 1-2 glasses per day
    No Alcohol: 0 days
    Alcohol 5 days (11 drinks)
    12/4 Fri 3 (2 wine, 1 drink)
    12/5 Sat 2
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k that is a very good looking poodle indeed!

@dawnbgethealthy I'd like a hound mix for a dog, midsize. My previous dog looked something like this and I'd like the same.
    g7mub8k7a45h.jpg

• globalhiker
    Options
    @Lilylady3k Sometimes I just need to cut myself some slack. I call it my "recovery day/days". Those are the days when my diet goes out the window, take a weekend off from exercise, and I just want to eat really good food, drink, and well, recover from any major stress. It seems like a normal human thing to do. And it's short-lived.

The bright side is that crawfish etouffee...sounds marvelous.....I need to make that!

@CMB44512 what you describe sounds like a normal "denial" response, a defense mechanism. Tough to get someone to change, they have to feel ready or there needs to be a life-event that suddenly makes them want to change. Frustrating, but the good thing is she heard you loud and clear and deep inside she may be thinking about it, just not ready to express it or take action -yet.
  • globalhiker
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy your pix as always, are great! If you put me on that ice, I would require a walker for stability :)

@MissMay when Covid is over and you're at the beach on some tropical island somewhere, all that ab-work will pay off. Everyone will think you are 15 years younger!
    And when the weather is bad, I revert to what I call my "commercial" workout...every time a commercial comes on TV during the news hour, I do an exercise for the commercial duration....jumping jacks, pushups, crunches, just keep mixing it up!

Day 10 AF is here. I need to Just Do It.
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    @globalhiker It was mostly a week off instead of a day but I'm feeling back on my own path as of today. Though DD called and invited us to dinner ... so no telling what we are eating this evening.

@MissMay He is a brown & white 3yr old "party poodle" or "tuxedo poodle" ... standard size about 65 lbs. Before this one we had a solid cream about 45 lbs. DH is allergic to cats & dogs. He grew up with a toy poodle but I think they are too yappy usually. I wanted a larger dog since I grew up with a Lab. We settled on standard poodle ... and it turns out they are great!