Less Alcohol - DECEMBER 2020 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,562 Member
    Options
    Beautiful dogs @Lilylady3k and @globalhiker !!

@mainelylisa
    Your cabin is soooo gorgeous, and the snow looks so wonderful. Really socked in, I can tell because it always looks like a black and white photo when it is closed in with snow like that.
    You are really lucky to have that place, I am jelly.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,562 Member
    Options
    New home for the thread, but the same goals for me, 16-20 AF days per month.

Tuesday December 01 - AF - Super long and stressful work day, I really wanted a drink when I finally got home, but over the past months I have been trying to "save up" my drinking days for happy occasions, not to relieve stress. Planning AF for tomorrow also.
    Wednesday December 02 - AF - I think that this might be my 4th AF day in a row.
    Thursday December 03 - Drinks. Work Stress drinks. I had just finished saying that I was trying not to do that. Instead of my usual 3, I had 2. It took the edge off. The 2 drinks prevented me from quitting this one particular job outright (I am a Merchandiser and work for several companies). I will sleep on it.
    Friday December 04 - AF - Had to use resistance and a few 6 minute waits to not have a drink. I walked across the ice today of that bird sanctuary that I have posted a few times. Skating there tomorrow for sure! Photos from my lake walk to come later because I can't help it : - )
    Saturday December 05 - Drinks. Skated on a lake today!!! Wondrous!! A friend joined me and then we had cocoa with peppermint schnapps after.
    Sunday December 06 - AF - Tomorrow will be too.

Rolling total: 4AF days out of 6 days
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    A REMINDER that this is the link to our information page for Less Alcohol - One Day At A Time:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10816791/information-page-only-for-less-alcohol-one-day-at-a-time/p1?new=1
  • MissMay
    Options
    @kbru19 welcome, come on in. Take a peak at our information page I posted the link right above here. It is packed with helpful info to help you make it through some rough spots you might encounter.
    Gawd I do not miss those horrible drunkn food munch outs. Nothing is worse than someone taking a pic of me with slit eyes trying to hold myself up while shoveling crap into my face.then wondering why the scale soared up 7 pounds over night. UGH!
    Lots of great support here. CHICAGO now they get some crazy Winter weather as well.
  • MissMay
    Options
    Great pic @mainelylisa. You are closer to the Canadian border when your in Rockwood, only 52 minutes to Jackman. Glad you kept out of the stash in the cabin😊
  • MissMay
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy Thank you. I am so grateful for my cabin. It's taking every penny of my income (15 yr mortgage), but I think it's a good investment and brings so much joy. I would LOVE to have a Less Alcohol ladies weekend there! Never in a million years did I picture this Texas Girl living in Maine, much less cabin life, embracing the snow. Nor did I picture going for more than a day without a drink. Life surprises us when we're open to new possibilities. My neck is sore from 10 minutes of shoveling, lol. Still a lightweight. At shoveling. And drinking.

Umm, Lisa don't forget about "our dudes" hahaha. Put'em up at Maynards!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @mainelylisa Definitely 2 glasses for me LOL But that was from 2 bottles for 4 people.