Less Alcohol - DECEMBER 2020 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @cmb44512 I have no kids and can not imagine a parent having no respect for their children's feelings like that. I only have dogs and I have felt bad in the past not remembering if I feed them the night before because of me having too many drinks.
    My heart goes out to you and your Sister.
    Thank you for sharing
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,562 Member
    Options
    @mainelylisa my dog was 15 too....maybe I need a puppy for Christmas and that will solve all my problems :)

Let's shoot for Canada hiking next...this way we can visit Dawn for the mojito parties and I was hoping I'd learn some singing tips from her. Plus, wine is super expensive in Canada so we can't get into too much trouble....maybe...

Sounds like a girl party brewing : - )
    Stupendous hiking.
    Yes yes we will sing our hearts out!! My neighbours are well used to it, or they can just move away away away if they don't like it : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    CMB44512 wrote: »
    My turn for a story
    The main reason besides keeping in shape for having less alcohol is I dont want to become my Mom. As a kid I would avoid bringing home buddies because my Mom was and still is a parent that drinks way too much.
    Having a parent that loves alcohol more than her kids is rough. She does not get it. Always says she will get straight. It never has happened for more than a few months. I dont care how old she is and claims it as her right. Be responsible I might have kids some day, I would not want them to know her. My sister feels the same way.

That is such a good reason to prevent yourself from going down the same path.
    Alcohol is habitual and addictive for sure.
    What was she like when she would quit for a few months at a time?

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    New home for the thread, but the same goals for me, 16-20 AF days per month.

Tuesday December 01 - AF - Super long and stressful work day, I really wanted a drink when I finally got home, but over the past months I have been trying to "save up" my drinking days for happy occasions, not to relieve stress. Planning AF for tomorrow also.
    Wednesday December 02 - AF - I think that this might be my 4th AF day in a row.
    Thursday December 03 - Drinks. Work Stress drinks. I had just finished saying that I was trying not to do that. Instead of my usual 3, I had 2. It took the edge off. The 2 drinks prevented me from quitting this one particular job outright (I am a Merchandiser and work for several companies). I will sleep on it.
    Friday December 04 - AF - Had to use resistance and a few 6 minute waits to not have a drink. I walked across the ice today of that bird sanctuary that I have posted a few times. Skating there tomorrow for sure! Photos from my lake walk to come later because I can't help it : - )

Rolling total: 3AF days out of 4 days