Less Alcohol - DECEMBER 2020 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Staying AF didn't happen yesterday.... My car broke down after work and by the time I got home I just wanted a drink to unwind. Only had 1 though which is a win! :)

0 AF days / 1 day

Goal: 5 AF days / 7 days

You did amazing. Major win.....for sure! I would've gone for 2+ (how much more depends on the repair cost)
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    Well mom & I tackled her wine rack to see if there was anything good. First 2 bottles tossed 2002 and 2006 Cab ... TERRIBLE! Corks had gone bad and the wine was gross. 3rd bottle was a cheap 2012 Hess Cab. It was "okay". DH tasted and wouldn't touch it. Mom and I each drank 1 glass then down the drain the rest went LOL
    No plans to check the other bottles after this experience. She can tackled them with my sister when she comes to visit. I'm no longer the guinea pig.

0 AF days / 1 day (1 drink)

Is it drinking if you don't swallow? I have seen wine tasters examine the wine through the glass, sniff and swirl then spit.
    Just saying. 🤔🤔🤔
  • MissMay
    Options
    Staying AF didn't happen yesterday.... My car broke down after work and by the time I got home I just wanted a drink to unwind. Only had 1 though which is a win! :)

0 AF days / 1 day

Goal: 5 AF days / 7 days

Oh my, nothing worse than car trouble. Sorry to hear that. And I agree you were AWESOME to stop at one. 👍
  • MissMay
    Options
    I'm rolling in with 4 AF days and plan continue at least until Christmas after a major incident on Thanksgiving. I guess if there's an upside, I'm rolling in at my lowest weight in years (because I'd been doing well until Thu) and just want to get and stay healthy and no more incidents. Thank you, @MissMay for your facilitating this group's continuance and never ending support. It's a great place. It's a safe place.

Congrats skinny mini on you new weigh in. A reason to go clothes shopping!
    You have a good head start on Dec.already. so glad you made it to our new digs.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    Well mom & I tackled her wine rack to see if there was anything good. First 2 bottles tossed 2002 and 2006 Cab ... TERRIBLE! Corks had gone bad and the wine was gross. 3rd bottle was a cheap 2012 Hess Cab. It was "okay". DH tasted and wouldn't touch it. Mom and I each drank 1 glass then down the drain the rest went LOL
    No plans to check the other bottles after this experience. She can tackled them with my sister when she comes to visit. I'm no longer the guinea pig.

0 AF days / 1 day (1 drink)

Is it drinking if you don't swallow? I have seen wine tasters examine the wine through the glass, sniff and swirl then spit.
    Just saying. 🤔🤔🤔

@MissMay LOL
    We were searching for one to go with the steak but obviously the selection was not great. I've never been one of those that spit if it is any good. But that first one oh my sniff, swirl, sniff, sip and spit! The second I did not even taste at all ... the smell and color were off. The third was drinkable but not great. It was one way to limit myself to only 1 glass!
  • MissMay
    edited December 2020
    Options
    TJ_in_MA wrote: »
    Thank you for this outlet of support. I need to cut back on alcohol which will help with weight loss and overall health. Even if I could just have zero drinks during the week that would be a victory.

Hello and welcome @TJ_in_MA. Yes what ever you want your goal to be it is all personal preference. You and
    @CMB44512 can recruit more men to join us, this thread is not for women only.
    Wishing you much success.