December 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I hope its good news tomorrow!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo hoping for good news!

@Avidkeo wow, that is a good looking cake!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Goals this month: keep running, don’t get injured (my good Achilles’ tendon is being weird right now) and put in a good time for the Smiling Santa 5k.

I was wondering why so few people were posting, forgot the month had turned over! I need to catch up!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @noblsheep - I would be terrified too and likely would find a treadmill somewhere instead of venturing out!
    @mbaker566 - Your coach sounds great! Congratulations on getting into your Masters program!! You can do it! We all have your back and you can use us to whine to when it gets tough!
    @skippygirlsmom - the low humidity is ridiculous. Seriously! We are supposed to be down to 8-9% later this week and that with the winds again puts us back in the red flag fire danger zone again.
    Congratulations on your raffle win! That is so awesome!
    @Teresa502 - Surf City is so much fun. The atmosphere and people are great and it runs right down PCH with a bit of diversion into the neighborhood that also results in a great view. It is close for me, my husband drops me off in the morning and picks me up afterwards. I am not sure how it will be in September though. It could be really hot but then I have run it in February when it has been really hot too so 🤷🏻‍♀️
    @katharmonic - that workout sounds so intense, especially after a cold wet run! I bet you slept well!
    @avidkeo - Hope your niggle is not serious. I have learned from you how important it is to listen to those niggles and take appropriate action or non-action!
    The cakes look SO delicious! You are really good to your students!
    @polskagirl01 - when my daughter was very small she had a terrible croup like cough when we were visiting the grandparents in December. The doctor there told us to take her outside in the cold to play as it would help to open up her lungs. I had never heard such thing and thought he was crazy but it worked. It also helped my dad's terrible asthma.
    @HonuNui - mucking chicken coops - YUCK! They do produce SO much poop it is amazing!
    @quilteryoyo - hoping for good news tomorrow!

1st run of the month - We walked to the trail and then ran what I could again. This felt so good and my pace reflects it with the running sections in the 10-11:30/mile pace! Stopped at the bathrooms to blow my nose and Hobbes met some lady cyclists who just loved up on him (happy puppy!). Then coming back we ran into some friends who had treats for him (even happier puppy!). He did get attacked about halfway by a small mop-ish dog whose owner wasn't paying attention and let go of its leash when it charged at Hobbes. We out ran it but I was really angry and yelled at the owner to pay attention to his damn dog. Oh and it is still pretty hot, 72F when we headed out and 80F when we got back home. Can't believe I am running in shorts in December. After reading about everyone's cold temps and snow I will not complain about the heat. It really didn't bother me today. Mostly the low humidity is a problem as it makes my mouth get so dry. Must take my hydration vest for the foreseeable future, even on short runs since I don't like using the drinking fountains.

Date..........Miles........Total
    12/01.......0.00.........0.00
    12/02.......5.41.........5.41
    exercise.png
    2020 Run the Year Team - 2020 R.I.O.T. (Running Is Our Therapy) 1553.54/1000 miles (running and walking)

2020 Planned and Completed Races
    02/02/20 - Surf City Half Marathon
    07/31/20 - ISS Virtual 10K (Late)
    08/15-09/30 - eRace Racism (200 miles) 200+ miles completed.
    09/21-09/27 - Womxn Run the Vote - 680 mile virtual relay
    09/26/20 - Beat the Blerch 10K Virtual
    10/03-11/03 - Race to the Polls - 80 miles
    10/01-11/18 - Fit Witch Challenge - 100 miles
    11/11/20 - ASICS World Ekiden 2020 (Team 2)

12/01-12/25 - Merry Fitmas Challenge - 50 miles
    09/11/21 - Surf City Half Marathon
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts everyone.

@Avidkeo That cake look amazing. I think I gained 5 pounds just looking at it. :lol:

@HonuNui I'm sure cleaning out the chicken coop was a good workout. Not one I would want to do. I think the smell of chicken poop is the worst! Love fresh eggs though. They are so much better than the ones you buy in the store.

@rheddmobile Funny that you didn't realize it was December.

@shanaber Great run for you and Hobbes. Sorry about the irresponsible dog owner.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Cut cake
    whkacjfd7woa.jpg

I'm on my way...
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I was wondering if the humidity would affect fires.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @mbaker566!

@quilteryoyo Praying for good results.

@Avidkeo Awesome looking cake!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I don't know, medically, what you are going through but I do send all my good thoughts and prayers your way. I've been through similar and waiting can be nerve racking. Hoping and praying for good news.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I do agree that the cold air seems to be good for us. Not when it's full of coal furnace smog of course... but yesterday's air quality seemed really good.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    7 km in the woods today. It was nice and quiet, and I saw a deer in the old military base. I've been out at about the same time lately and am also starting to notice the same people every day walking their dogs.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @leni1us I have an aortic root aneurysm that has grown to the point that surgery is recommended. It was scheduled to happen on 4 Nov, but due to the number of CoVID cases, it was postponed - is considered and elective surgery at this point. I had another scan on Tuesday. Am going to get the results today.

@marisap2010 So sorry to hear about your unpleasantness. I hope things get better for you soon.

Nice running @kgirlhart and @polskagirl01 ! It was 19°F when I took Tippy out this morning, but it didn't feel that cold. It was actually refreshing. Not sure I could have ran, but staying out for 5 minutes was nice. LOL
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

exercise.png
  • 62Rich
    62Rich Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 40 miles this month!

December Total: 4.77 miles
    December Goal: 40 miles
    Remaining Miles Needed: 35.23
    2020 Goal - 230 miles (an all-time high – previous high year 180.75)

12-01 2.2 - Coldest run so far ---- 26 degrees welcome to Decembuurrr lol (that's cold for Alabama)
    12-02 1.25 - Even colder today 25 degrees.
    12-03 1.26 - Still below freezing, but not by much. Temp at 30 degrees, felt much nicer. I know I need to start slow 🐌 and build my mileage up, but I wanted to go farther today, planning on doing a 5k Saturday. #2020HolidayRunningStreak #RWRunStreak

January Total: 0.00
    February Total: 5.39
    March Total: 0.00
    April Total: 15.17
    May Total: 34.47 (highest month YTD)
    June Total: 28.57
    July Total: 21.28
    August Total: 27.06
    September Total: 18.09
    October Total: 19.05
    November Total: 20.17
    December Total: