Your Thoughts of Big Girls in Bikinis ?

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Wouldnt care. Would look, evaluate if i WB/WNB, then move on.

How often is there a WNB for you?

7-8 times out of 10. I am rather picky.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I tend to not notice these types of things. I tend to focus on what makes me happy, judging others isn't my thing.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I don't care. Unfortunately though most people outside of any weight loss-type of community would feel completely differently and will pinpoint anything to shame someone elses body.

Will a bigger girl be stared at and probably hear some nasty remarks? Most definitely. Will EVERYBODY feel that way? Definitely not. Even if you lose weight people will find something else about your body to act disgusted by anyway (even when there is nothing).

Gotta love society. Wear whatever YOU are comfortable in and ignore the people who have confidence low enough to put you down.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I just don't really notice. If I'm in a place like at the pool or the beach and everyone's in swimwear, then all I see is swimwear. It doesn't matter to me who's in it - I'm there to relax and have fun, who has time for judging? :)
  • Lymberly
    Lymberly Posts: 17
    Options
    Good for her! I wish I could have the confidence to wear one. Maybe one day - but I would secretly wish I could introduce her to mfp to help her be healthy ????
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I do get judgmental, don't want to lie. Just think we all should be realistic.

But bikini is ok... Imagine NO bikini.

ive been to nude beaches and seen 60+ years old women and men. That's much more painful to see than some fatty in a bikini.
    Some of them had major plastic surgeries done too.

Don't get me wrong, most people are gorgeous there but suddenly you see a 200 kg naked woman who's nipples are hidden in the rolles of her belly fat. That's impressive.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Are we talking "big girls" or big "girls"? 'Cause if it's the latter, sometimes bikinis don't offer enough hoist.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    After the initial disgust at the sight of her, I stop caring and go on with my day.

It's kind of like a pug's face. It's ugly, but after a while you just accept it.

hA1849E25
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Seeing a woman in a bikini turns me on. Period. End of story!
    That's the answer every woman is looking for!

Yup but the turn on comes from the fact she is confident enough in herself to wear it....this from my husband.

For me eh whatever floats your boat...I personally wouldn't wear a two piece at my smallest (and 20 yrs old size 8) but do now after having a child...because I am more confident...
  • trubs182
    trubs182 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible for comparing myself to others..... so I do look at others and judge whether I'm bigger or smaller than them.... and perhaps feel happy when I'm not the largest person on the beach.

I don't care what people wear as long as it actually fits and it's 'appropriate', so I guess I'll judge others on that.... e.g. I dislike thong bikinis on anyone and hate it when people squeeze themselves into items that are clearly too small.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say anything. Good for her in feeling secure enough to wear it!!!!

Personally, I don't want to be the "big girl" wearing something that causes others to feel nauseous.... Hence why I don't wear one :)
  • chancock6
    Options
    Please don't. Look, I know what it's like to be big, but I also know how to dress for my size and always have. It's obscene to see a 300+ lb woman in a bikini. Dress respectfully. Bikinis are a little risque to begin with, and they shouldn't be made in certain sizes. I know I'll probably get flack for this, but I don't care. Just be respectful of yourself and others. Big girls look a lot better in a one piece or conservative two piece.

I would never say anything, of course, or try to make her feel ashamed of herself but it usually makes me uncomfortable.
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I don't mind seeing big girls in bikinis. It's not like a full bathing suit hides anything, and good for them for not giving a f***.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Seeing a woman in a bikini turns me on. Period. End of story!
    That's the answer every woman is looking for!

HA HA HA ... What can I say? I LOVE the female body in all it's shapes and forms. Just show me some skin and I am happy!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could get my wife to buy into my line of thinking. She dresses like a nurse in a snow storm at the pool and at the beach.

Too bad you're already married :(.

I wouldn't care, its none of my business. If she has the confidence to wear a bikini I'd say rock it!
  • sjsosu
    sjsosu Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Whatever they're comfortable in. Self confidence is a sexy trait.
  • moespaws16
    moespaws16 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I always feel happy for them being comfortable with their body.
    Gold star for her. I didn't even wear a legit bikini when I was thin.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm missing a great opportunity to White Knight here, but there's a Walmart just down the street and it's hot out today - they'll surely be someone in there with a tube top who should have thought twice...

But I think think the vast majority of people know if they should or should not wear something in public. If you don't know - maybe ask a close friend?

I keep my shirt on in public - as a public service. It's not a matter of confidence - if you want to see my belly hanging out - just ask. I will happily show you. :drinker:
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I don't mind seeing big girls in bikinis. It's not like a full bathing suit hides anything, and good for them for not giving a f***.

Good point! Unless they are wearing a burkini, bathing suits don't hide much of anything anyway.

article-2276313-177531BC000005DC-602_630x873.jpg
  • moespaws16
    moespaws16 Posts: 59 Member
    Options

This is very true. If you're overweight, you're not going to be able to hide it in a swim suit.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    If she decides to wear it, more power to her.

I wouldn't personally simply because I am not small enough and toned enough yet to wear one and plan on saving the public from burning their eyes out. :happy: