Your Thoughts of Big Girls in Bikinis ?

Options

Replies

• Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Please don't. Look, I know what it's like to be big, but I also know how to dress for my size and always have. It's obscene to see a 300+ lb woman in a bikini. Dress respectfully. Bikinis are a little risque to begin with, and they shouldn't be made in certain sizes. I know I'll probably get flack for this, but I don't care. Just be respectful of yourself and others. Big girls look a lot better in a one piece or conservative two piece.

I would never say anything, of course, or try to make her feel ashamed of herself but it usually makes me uncomfortable.
    I think this says a whole lot more about you than about them.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    Here's what I think...

I wish I had worn a bikini five or six years ago.

Five or six years ago, I was wishing I had more self-confidence in my body five or six years prior to *that*.

So eff it. No time like the present.
    I love you all over again, Manda!
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Not grossed out, i would think, GO GIRL!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    I think we all should wear what we want to, but with that being said, no one wants to see a bunch of fat hanging out every where either. I guess it all depends on how big they are.
    If you don't want to see it, don't look. It's not like they're standing their with their privates hanging out.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    , I dont think it has anything to do with your weight but how your wear the suit with confidence :)
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    youarebeautiful_zps2ce7e655.gif
  • DYfive
    DYfive Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    When it comes to attractiveness bikinis are awesome probably 85% of the time.
  • TheRealOrson
    TheRealOrson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    I think firstly, it depends on your definition of "big"

There are some women who could wear a bikini and you wouldn't see half of it from all the folds. There are others who are "larger" but still look fabulous. Too many variables.

The main thing is that either, IDGAF. If she's cute, I'll admire, if she's not, it doesn't matter what she wears. Personal taste.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I am a tshirt and shorts type of girl, because of my body shape I think Ill save people from that sight.
    The last time I went to wollongong beach, I just stood there dumbfounded staring at this woman with the exact same figure as me. She was wearing a small bikini.
    I dont know how I feel really, I am the type to say (in my head) put something on! But then I think, yes they have the confidence to wear it...... (guys and girls included)
    But then people look at me in tshirt and shorts and go whale alert......
    So, wear what you want, there is always going to be someone that glances at you, it just depends how rude they want to be whether or not they say something.
  • Sarahs2576
    Sarahs2576 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    It's all about how the bikini fits the body regardless of the figure. If she is curvy and has the confidence and the bikini fits well, good for her! She's braver than I am! As for saying anything, if she looks great I may tell her so should our paths cross. If my opinion is negative I would keep it to myself. Women hear enough body criticism from society in general, we don't need to tear each other down by adding more.
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    healthyandfitgirl14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    When I see big girls in bikinis I admire their confidence. :) I don't consider myself a "big" girl, but I still have 20-30 more pounds to lose and I feel way too self-conscious to wear one in front of lots of strangers.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Depends on what she is wearing, if it's some normal bikini, I would judge her and even consider laughing at her face.

But if she is wearing a Gottex 2014 collection or a Mar Y Sol, then I would run over and offer to be her personal beach bitsh.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Depends on what she is wearing, if it's some normal bikini, I would judge her and even consider laughing at her face.

Then you should expect sand in your face from the girls rocking the bikinis, cause no one likes a *kitten*.
  • vtmoon
    Options

Then you should expect sand in your face from the girls rocking the bikinis, cause no one likes a *kitten*.

320cc1cd_joke-went-over-your-head.gif
  • maliciouspenguin
    maliciouspenguin Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You're at the beach / amusement park and you notice a fairly large girl in a bikini. Would you be totally grossed out, or commend her on the amount of courage and self-respect she has ?

Neither. If you're a size 6 or 36, as long as you're comfortable, who cares? Shouldn't be about courage - should be just normal :D
  • Mystio
    Mystio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    "Don't judge, lest you be judged". The thought of it kinda gives me incentive....
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    My opinion is I don't care
  • barbie3000
    barbie3000 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Please don't. Look, I know what it's like to be big, but I also know how to dress for my size and always have. It's obscene to see a 300+ lb woman in a bikini. Dress respectfully. Bikinis are a little risque to begin with, and they shouldn't be made in certain sizes. I know I'll probably get flack for this, but I don't care. Just be respectful of yourself and others. Big girls look a lot better in a one piece or conservative two piece.

I would never say anything, of course, or try to make her feel ashamed of herself but it usually makes me uncomfortable.

^^ This. Seriously, go join the Taliban Women's League or something. ALL the ladies there wear burkas! You won't be offended by anybody's fat!
  • vtmoon
    Options

^^ This. Seriously, go join the Taliban Women's League or something. ALL the ladies there wear burkas! You won't be offended by anybody's fat!

This response is too funny unintentionally, or on a whole new level of comedic genius that I can't comprehend.
  • barbie3000
    barbie3000 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

This response is too funny unintentionally, or on a whole new level of comedic genius that I can't comprehend.

Ha! Well I was kinda trying to be funny. :) But then came back on here to possibly delete as it might be too offensive even for me...