GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,192 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling with some emotional stuff. It's had me feeling weepy, angry, and wanting to eat comfort food in the comfort of my pj's.

I have NOT wanted to go to the gym to do week 7 day 2 squats at 95% of 1rm. Not. At. All.

Granted, I have been using a value of 210lb for squats even though my best was 1 at 240, I've been dealing with hip issues and was going lighter.

Anyways... Today I went. It was hard to go. Really hard. But I went. I put on workout clothes that were obnoxiously loud. Put on music that was heavy. And went.

And I'm so glad I did. I managed 6 reps at 205lb, which is actually close to a calculated 1rm at 240. That was a huge mood boost.

Also, leg press with 3 plates each side makes me feel incredible. As if I'm something special.

I'm the end... I'm not In as bad a mood as I was before I went. And I'm glad I did.

This game is so much a mental one.

1lvcrbeoerxz.gif

Good for you and great workout. Nice loud pants. 😁
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    I was in a bad mood til I saw these posts. Damn. You're killing it.

I've been avoiding squats this weekend. Maybe this is the kick in the *kitten* I needed.

Thank you, squats don’t like me but I force myself to work them in from time to time. I like to squat raw (no belt or knee wraps) and I felt shaky on these. This is a 10 week program and I’ll probably replace them with Bulgarian split squats or maybe just leg press. I do enjoy the smith hack squats so I’ll keep them for sure. Good luck with your squats.

wait a minute, you like Bulgarian Split Squats over regular?

I feel like I get more growth out of Bulgarian Split Squats and they are a bit easier on my lower back. Don’t get me wrong they both are torture to me. 🤷‍♂️

My RPE on BSS is 11...always!
    RPE for squats can vary from 7 to 9.5 depending on the weight.

But i get about the growth part. BSS are definatly better for growing, they are brutal! And yes easier on the lower back as well.

I’m with you 100% Gus !

I hate BSS. They hurt my feelings. But they are so very effective. Sigh. So I do them anyways.

So basically we all agree 😂
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    Day 5: Posting all three sets of the incline dumbbell presses. First set my phone passed out on me. Second set I consider a fail because fell short of the rep count. Third set I’m posting because it actually went to plan.😁

hg79kwe4dbvs.gif

dujvp1sw95uu.gif
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    0d119dcbva8p.gif
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    u0zd8oz4ahhx.gif
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    j590mj3wlb1b.gif
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    fb2xagrkfdi9.gif
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    tsqbfw5ze1cs.gif
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    g0ahrp3l7tpi.gif
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    88je46ly8rib.gif
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    qxvntw2as8sw.gif
  • Minion_training_program
    Options
    u0zd8oz4ahhx.gif

Man, i'd love to have that handle in my gym, seems it gives so much better grip than the overhand grip thing
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,606 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling with some emotional stuff. It's had me feeling weepy, angry, and wanting to eat comfort food in the comfort of my pj's.

I have NOT wanted to go to the gym to do week 7 day 2 squats at 95% of 1rm. Not. At. All.

Granted, I have been using a value of 210lb for squats even though my best was 1 at 240, I've been dealing with hip issues and was going lighter.

Anyways... Today I went. It was hard to go. Really hard. But I went. I put on workout clothes that were obnoxiously loud. Put on music that was heavy. And went.

And I'm so glad I did. I managed 6 reps at 205lb, which is actually close to a calculated 1rm at 240. That was a huge mood boost.

Also, leg press with 3 plates each side makes me feel incredible. As if I'm something special.

I'm the end... I'm not In as bad a mood as I was before I went. And I'm glad I did.

This game is so much a mental one.

1lvcrbeoerxz.gif

Good for you and great workout. Nice loud pants. 😁

Thanks Chris. 😊
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    u0zd8oz4ahhx.gif

Man, i'd love to have that handle in my gym, seems it gives so much better grip than the overhand grip thing

It helps me keep the biceps out of the exercise.
  • Minion_training_program
    Options
    u0zd8oz4ahhx.gif

It helps me keep the biceps out of the exercise.

Yeah, you can really pull with your back and not your arms
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,993 Member
    Options
    This has been a horrible week. Two family members in the ER in two days. No sleep. So many tears. In the end they'll both live to see more days. Still.. My heart is hurting, and tired. So very tired.

b2bkf1i7xise.gif

Oh I’m sorry

& relieved for more days
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    This has been a horrible week. Two family members in the ER in two days. No sleep. So many tears. In the end they'll both live to see more days. Still.. My heart is hurting, and tired. So very tired.

b2bkf1i7xise.gif

Sorry to hear about that. Hope they recover soon. Great gif as always 🤗
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,993 Member
    Options
    The one was my son and it was self inflicted. 😔 He's getting help, but it feels like it's taking so long.

The other was my mom, and we thought it might be pancreatic cancer based on the symptoms, pain and labs. Thankfully no tumours were found, so it is probably pancreatitis.

They both hit within 24h and while I was operating on 2h of sleep. Needless to say it all hit very hard.

thanks for the kind words. ❤️

I don’t even know what to say. I hope for healing for all of you.