GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,559 Member
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    My gif making skills are rubbish. Here are my upright rows.

gsk8qf9qpkku.gif

Damn, your arms are huge! Love the gif! Keep em coming!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    This was a very big lift for me. 365lbs at 155lbs body weight.
    giphy.gif?cid=5e21488613d655daebe94d345a92e82d8e0f59279fa6038a&rid=giphy.gif

That's a lot of weight. Wowsa!

Love the setup and all the plates! Super envy. 😍
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Tallawah_ wrote: »
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Got all my targets today 🤗 so freaking psyched. I recently had Covid and was so scared it would screw up my progress, 69 days till my meet 😬

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148865b7bd1e25daa9da1877ee4927942bedaf5ef7b5c&rid=giphy.gif

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148865b7bd1e25daa9da1877ee4927942bedaf5ef7b5c&rid=giphy.gif

Ooosh great to see another gal doing strongwoman on here. Best wishes for comp. Are you a powerlifter?

Yes! Relatively new powerlifter, In the past I was focused on bodybuilding, but then my show got canceled last May, due to Covid and I switched into PWL, two meets in and I’m hooked.

This is however my first attempt at a Strongman event.... the meet is an Autism event and I’m competing in my sons name. I was able to put together, a team of 6 and a nutrition company is sponsoring us (Team Alex 😭) I’m excited, but my current numbers are close to the requirements just not quite there yet. I’m scared I won’t qualify, imagine putting this whole team together and then having to tell them all sorry I didn’t make it 😫 I apologize for the long winded answer 🤣

I think this is awesome. I love the idea of laying it all out there and betting on the one sure thing, yourself. On top of that, your cause makes it even better. You have a fan 😁

You have multiple fans! Good luck! :smile:

Thank you, I hope I don’t disappoint you all 😬😬
    nexangelus wrote: »
    This is however my first attempt at a Strongman event.... the meet is an Autism event and I’m competing in my sons name. I was able to put together, a team of 6 and a nutrition company is sponsoring us (Team Alex 😭) I’m excited, but my current numbers are close to the requirements just not quite there yet. I’m scared I won’t qualify, imagine putting this whole team together and then having to tell them all sorry I didn’t make it 😫 I apologize for the long winded answer 🤣

You will find in the strongman/woman community, we big each other up, no matter what...you have this and the effort just to train differently is inspiring and commendable in and of itself...kudos for doing all three disciplines....go you! You have a rooter and tooter right here in the UK. You rawk and roll lady : )

I’m honestly seeing that already and it’s AMAZING, but I will say holy crap these events are so much harder than they look 😬 I have so many questions all the time 😂🤣
  • jennacole12
    Options
    My stupid job and children have really prevented me from keeping up with all these posts today 🤣 Love seeing all your lifts so much, this thread makes me happy 😁
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options

This is a very big lift for everyone! Really nice job. I love your low bar placement, looks perfect.
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Welp...
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10824831/failure-is-a-gift#latest

Haha.

I DID manage to get 195x5 twice. Failed my other sets. (195x5, 195x3, 195x5, 195x2, 165x5, 115x10) - I did the last two sets to make up the weight I should have moved at least. 😊

4kv3mpsabxlr.gif
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    I DID get a deadlift PR. 235lb
    3u67krkrnyw3.gif
  • jennacole12
    Options
    3u67krkrnyw3.gif

Yes 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 And to be honest that looked easy!!!
  • LGreenfield7
    LGreenfield7 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welp...
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10824831/failure-is-a-gift#latest

Haha.

I DID manage to get 195x5 twice. Failed my other sets. (195x5, 195x3, 195x5, 195x2, 165x5, 115x10) - I did the last two sets to make up the weight I should have moved at least. 😊

4kv3mpsabxlr.gif
    3u67krkrnyw3.gif

Damn, Great lifts. Since starting this thread, you have improved so much!!!! keep up the good work.
  • LGreenfield7
    LGreenfield7 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

This is a very big lift for everyone! Really nice job. I love your low bar placement, looks perfect.

Thank you sir. My goals for 2021 are to finish with a 405 squat, 455 deadlift, and 285-295 Bench. Regardless of this Covid thing.... 2021 will be a great year!!!
  • J_NY_Z
    Options

Thank you sir. My goals for 2021 are to finish with a 405 squat, 455 deadlift, and 285-295 Bench. Regardless of this Covid thing.... 2021 will be a great year!!!

My friend those are some BIG numbers for a person of your bodyweight. I hope you get there. When you do, post your gifs. Really nice job.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Gawd I love this thread! Thank you all so much!

@J_NY_Z your gunz are impressive!

@GymGoddessGoals yayay! Love it! Looking strong and lean!
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

Just trying to keep up with you lady.
  • J_NY_Z
    Options

Thank you, thank you. I agree, I love the thread as well. I'm glad @GymGoddessGoals posted upright rows as well. Fantastic strong form.

And we are all trying to keep up with you @KickassAmazon76 you are a rock star!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,126 Member
    Options
    ux60vf0cd77y.gif

Bout time you got in back in here.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,126 Member
    Options
    Sharing my progress on chinups...

Sucks that there is nowhere in my world where I can actually hang a bar high enough... But this will have to do. Haha

I do these at the very end of my set... After my major lifts, curls, tricep work and shrugs. (I. E. I am already pretty tired by then)

But I'm feeling the progress. And even though it's not a full hang, having my feet on the bar when I slowly lower is letting me get to the bottom of the hang.

ke45tifb56az.gif

And yes.. My head does touch the ceiling and my face does touch the rafters. Lol

Your back is looking leaner too!
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Sharing my progress on chinups...

Sucks that there is nowhere in my world where I can actually hang a bar high enough... But this will have to do. Haha

I do these at the very end of my set... After my major lifts, curls, tricep work and shrugs. (I. E. I am already pretty tired by then)

But I'm feeling the progress. And even though it's not a full hang, having my feet on the bar when I slowly lower is letting me get to the bottom of the hang.

ke45tifb56az.gif

And yes.. My head does touch the ceiling and my face does touch the rafters. Lol

Your back is looking leaner too!

Thank you! I was debating on another update in the back thread. Lol. But it's too lonely in there. Haha