GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Good strength brother! Are you pushing strength on all your compound lifts?

Trying to mostly. Been rebuilding my bench press after analyzing it after a plateau and realizing my form was not as good as it should be. Im back up to 225# and can 1RM 265#'s. Squat and Deadlift I'm more comfortable with than my Bench and OHP but my focus is changing to improving these while maintaining or slowly improving the others.

Training is 5 days a week (in a short summary)-

Day 1 and 3
    Back Squat or Front Squat
    Overhead Press variation
    Pullups/Lat work

Day 2 and 4
    Deadlift/Rackpull/Trapbar DL (1 of these in rotation)
    Row (Cable, Seated, Machine, T-Bar, Dumbbell, Bent over, Pendlay etc.) (2 of these per session)
    Bench Press (Bench, floor, incline)

Day 5
    Work on what I feel needs more attention/work This is the day I'll attempt max's unless something is feeling really good during the week. I try to only allow myself one max attempt per lift per month somedays more than others.

I make sure to get Core work in everyday and do accessory lifts on days 1-5 but if time is short the Compounds are the ones I'm sure to hit. Cardio is not a favorite so I only get that in every other or try and do something AMRAP for time

• Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Got all my targets today 🤗 so freaking psyched. I recently had Covid and was so scared it would screw up my progress, 69 days till my meet 😬

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148865b7bd1e25daa9da1877ee4927942bedaf5ef7b5c&rid=giphy.gif

Ooosh great to see another gal doing strongwoman on here. Best wishes for comp. Are you a powerlifter?

Yes! Relatively new powerlifter, In the past I was focused on bodybuilding, but then my show got canceled last May, due to Covid and I switched into PWL, two meets in and I’m hooked.

This is however my first attempt at a Strongman event.... the meet is an Autism event and I’m competing in my sons name. I was able to put together, a team of 6 and a nutrition company is sponsoring us (Team Alex 😭) I’m excited, but my current numbers are close to the requirements just not quite there yet. I’m scared I won’t qualify, imagine putting this whole team together and then having to tell them all sorry I didn’t make it 😫 I apologize for the long winded answer 🤣

I think this is awesome. I love the idea of laying it all out there and betting on the one sure thing, yourself. On top of that, your cause makes it even better. You have a fan 😁
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,155 Member
    Options
    dsc84 wrote: »

Trying to mostly. Been rebuilding my bench press after analyzing it after a plateau and realizing my form was not as good as it should be. Im back up to 225# and can 1RM 265#'s. Squat and Deadlift I'm more comfortable with than my Bench and OHP but my focus is changing to improving these while maintaining or slowly improving the others.

Day 1 and 3
    Overhead Press variation
    Pullups/Lat work

Day 2 and 4
    Row (Cable, Seated, Machine, T-Bar, Dumbbell, Bent over, Pendlay etc.) (2 of these per session)

Day 5
    Work on what I feel needs more attention/work This is the day I'll attempt max's unless something is feeling really good during the week. I try to only allow myself one max attempt per lift per month somedays more than others.

I make sure to get Core work in everyday and do accessory lifts on days 1-5 but if time is short the Compounds are the ones I'm sure to hit. Cardio is not a favorite so I only get that in every other or try and do something AMRAP for time

All this looks awesome. If I may.... if your bench and OHP continue to stall you may want to try eliminating direct shoulder work day 1 and 3. Add it to your chest day of 2 and 4. That will allow your shoulders a little more recovery between those heavy lift days. Just my 2 cents but what you have looks great.

I hit the gym 6 days/week but have split my heavy lifting days into 3 days/week and I do core and cardio on the between days. It was an adjustment because I love lifting. I was actually hoping I wouldn’t see the results I’m seeing from it because I wanted to go back to my push/pull/legs/push/pull/legs/rest.
  • dsc84
    Options

Day 1 and 3
    Overhead Press variation
    Pullups/Lat work

Day 2 and 4

Day 5

All this looks awesome. If I may.... if your bench and OHP continue to stall you may want to try eliminating direct shoulder work day 1 and 3. Add it to your chest day of 2 and 4. That will allow your shoulders a little more recovery between those heavy lift days. Just my 2 cents but what you have looks great.

I hit the gym 6 days/week but have split my heavy lifting days into 3 days/week and I do core and cardio on the between days. It was an adjustment because I love lifting. I was actually hoping I wouldn’t see the results I’m seeing from it because I wanted to go back to my push/pull/legs/push/pull/legs/rest.
    7fjwd93t09z0.jpeg
    g2ybfmmes5qh.jpeg
    wysq3xzsfhqc.jpeg

This is my current routine. The abs and cardio work is done on the days between.

I'll definitely think about changing some of that around. I appreciate the feedback, because sometimes it's hard to see the forest through the trees. This is the first time I've programmed for myself without consulting either my old PT , little brother who is also a trainer or at least was, or early on purchasing /internet program. It is always a work in progress.

Do you mind if I ask what you're doing for your Cardio work?
  • dsc84
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Got all my targets today 🤗 so freaking psyched. I recently had Covid and was so scared it would screw up my progress, 69 days till my meet 😬

Ooosh great to see another gal doing strongwoman on here. Best wishes for comp. Are you a powerlifter?

Yes! Relatively new powerlifter, In the past I was focused on bodybuilding, but then my show got canceled last May, due to Covid and I switched into PWL, two meets in and I’m hooked.

This is however my first attempt at a Strongman event.... the meet is an Autism event and I’m competing in my sons name. I was able to put together, a team of 6 and a nutrition company is sponsoring us (Team Alex 😭) I’m excited, but my current numbers are close to the requirements just not quite there yet. I’m scared I won’t qualify, imagine putting this whole team together and then having to tell them all sorry I didn’t make it 😫 I apologize for the long winded answer 🤣

I think this is awesome. I love the idea of laying it all out there and betting on the one sure thing, yourself. On top of that, your cause makes it even better. You have a fan 😁

What he said!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

Day 1 and 3
    Overhead Press variation
    Pullups/Lat work

Day 2 and 4

Day 5

7fjwd93t09z0.jpeg
    g2ybfmmes5qh.jpeg
    wysq3xzsfhqc.jpeg

This is my current routine. The abs and cardio work is done on the days between.

I'll definitely think about changing some of that around. I appreciate the feedback, because sometimes it's hard to see the forest through the trees. This is the first time I've programmed for myself without consulting either my old PT , little brother who is also a trainer or at least was, or early on purchasing /internet program. It is always a work in progress.

Do you mind if I ask what you're doing for your Cardio work?

Amen brother!!! After years I finally starting going to body building nutritionist and it has made a huge difference from bf% to health markers on my blood work.

All I do for cardio is 20 min on the elliptical bike. **There are also a couple days a month that I have training that includes running, wall climbing, rope climbing and assortment of other things.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    7fjwd93t09z0.jpeg
    g2ybfmmes5qh.jpeg
    wysq3xzsfhqc.jpeg

My brother I know you are a busy man. How do you fit all this in?
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    7fjwd93t09z0.jpeg
    g2ybfmmes5qh.jpeg
    wysq3xzsfhqc.jpeg

Honestly man this schedule here has me in the gym less than before. I’m typically in and out in 1.5 hours. Maybe two on a slow day. The abs and cardio days you’re only looking at 45 mins tops.

This is what I was doing before this:

v7cqqyjtls8q.jpeg
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

What he said!

Thank you ☺️ I feel like I put a lot of pressure on myself, but that seems to be what I love anyway, so now I gotta see this through 😬💪🏻 Plus that look on my boys face, on meet day, will make it all worth it 😭😍🤗
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    7fjwd93t09z0.jpeg
    g2ybfmmes5qh.jpeg
    wysq3xzsfhqc.jpeg

Honestly man this schedule here has me in the gym less than before. I’m typically in and out in 1.5 hours. Maybe two on a slow day. The abs and cardio days you’re only looking at 45 mins tops.

v7cqqyjtls8q.jpeg

The neatness of this satisfies my OCD 🤣. I also had a very detailed plan similar to this that hit every muscle group multiple times and my coach cut it down significantly. I was able to shave off time, but by not doing certain accessories that I used to do I sometimes get all in my head that I’m not doing all I can be for that muscle group. It’s like FOMO for the lifts I could be doing 😂. Does this happen to you?
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    7fjwd93t09z0.jpeg
    g2ybfmmes5qh.jpeg
    wysq3xzsfhqc.jpeg

v7cqqyjtls8q.jpeg

The neatness of this satisfies my OCD 🤣. I also had a very detailed plan similar to this that hit every muscle group multiple times and my coach cut it down significantly. I was able to shave off time, but by not doing certain accessories that I used to do I sometimes get all in my head that I’m not doing all I can be for that muscle group. It’s like FOMO for the lifts I could be doing 😂. Does this happen to you?

Ha, I can be a tad OCD with it too. I’ll work these out and once I get the final draft I’ll snap a pic and throw the paper away. Yes, I do and I do still like to make sure I’m hitting all the secondary muscles. So I’ll toss them in around the heavy lifts. The heavy compound movements fatigue me differently. It’s a more total body exhaustion as opposed to destroying a specific muscle group. For me though incline presses at a 45degree angle, rear delt work and hitting my chicken legs are a must!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Something different...
    0e41mis70vvq.gif
    There is so much poor form here that it’s dangerous.

The one that stands out is our arching your back into a curve when you bench press. It hurts your spine.

I actually thought this was a joke at first because I didn't see any poor form...My back was arched on my bench press as well and I got positive comments on it🤣
  • dsc84
    Options
    ec37kvytlvzv.gif
    Im my own biggest critic. More legs used in this row than I’d have liked and I should have worn my belt but 295 felt good. Backed down the next set to be a bit more strict.
  • dsc84
    Options
    MDC2957 wrote: »
    From this morning's workout:

2djpmr1htvmr.gif

“There is Simply not a thing to it, but to merely do it!”-Ronald Coleman Muscle Philosopher

Great press! Looking strong!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    MDC2957 wrote: »
    it was cold and snowy, but that was outside!!

hg49bn6qs9xf.gif

Awesomeness!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    ec37kvytlvzv.gif
    Im my own biggest critic. More legs used in this row than I’d have liked and I should have worn my belt but 295 felt good. Backed down the next set to be a bit more strict.

You ARE your own worst critic. You have your vids myou see your form. You know where you want to improve. I'm here to say...

Well done, badass!